RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

Kiper likes the pick, which should immediately tell you it sucked.    Of all the QBs we could take,  i wanted Allen the least.    This better work out,  really not feeling this pick.  Accuracy issues are a huge red flag for me.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Raiders had a top 10 pick So what’s your point? 

That the higher you go in the top 10 the exponentially more expensive it gets.  Are you really that dense?  I mean gosh, who would have thought the 7th pick would cost more than the 10th?  MIND BOGGLING!

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

The kid literally has little to no chance of ever developing into a real QB. 

Bills: "Yeah, Allen's not much of a football player, but have you seen how hard he can throw? LET'S GO GET HIM."

Think about this. There was a day when you sat with a beer, enjoying the draft, the bills had a fantastic opportunity. Then you had to google “who is EJ Manuel?” 

I just, I have no words. 

I mean I'll give the kids a chance but when they are saying he will fit in with the "culture" in Buffalo, it blows my mind. I hope thats not why they selected him. McBeane is obviously chasing another Cam Newton.

Guess the only thing to do is see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming
Just now, Fadingpain said:

Enjoy a year or 2 of AJ McCarron, unless we somehow acquire another QB.

Allen won't be ready for a while, and when he is, he's going to suck.

We just traded UP to draft white EJ Manuel.

Horrible take. He is nothing like EJ. 

Do better.

• Like (+1) 1

This goes in the area of trusting the coaches and Beane. They all have talked to Allen and understand him way more than me. I will admit Allen was the QB I wanted least of the ‘4’ . I will cheer my butt of for Allen and cut him a ton of slack. He will need time to develop. Thrilled Beane kept is 22 pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

Some of you are out of control lol..

Like they didn’t meet with the guy, talk to his coaches, watch his tape, these are professional evaluators with their careers on the line, I think they see something they can work with here. It wasn’t even a forced EJ Manual pick, it’s the guy they wanted. 

R-E-L-A-X

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m dead inside. I’m going to get there, eventually. But I feel like I got punched in the stomach. 

Hopefully 85% of this board is wrong (me an you included)....I'll root for him and hope he can improve....