Allbright: "It's Darnold" UPDATE: He admits he was wrong

KDIGGZ

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

How do you accidentally tweet that anyway? In my experience, accidental tweets only happen when you're drunk.

Is Albright drunk?

Suspect he got an immediate angry call from his source.  The Browns want to play this closely for some reason.

Just now, MDFan said:

Suspect he got an immediate angry call from his source.  The Browns want to play this closely for some reason.

I assume the Browns are trying to cause confusion and try to drive up the price for 4.

1 minute ago, MDFan said:

Often holder of #1 pick will negotiate ahead of time with player they will pick but this leak could cause them to lose leverage and loss of leverage if they are trying to trade #4 pick as well.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Often holder of #1 pick will negotiate ahead of time with player they will pick but this leak could cause them to lose leverage and loss of leverage if they are trying to trade #4 pick as well.

The rookie wage scale pretty well sets the contracts ahead of time.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

most recently he broke the news that Mayfield was in play for pick 1.  then it was reported by espn and others the next day.  he's also reported that Josh Rosen is completely off their board as well as the Broncos board.  he was also first to shoot down any of the 3 team trade scenarios.  i haven't been following him for too long but he has a pretty good track record apparently.  very reliable.

Except, of course, that two of those things are unknowable (whether or not Rosen is on a team's board), and the other two have not yet come to pass.

So I'm just askin', of anyone else if not you - what is his track record?

18 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Simpler to just dye pants yellow.

Brown?

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except, of course, that two of those things are unknowable (whether or not Rosen is on a team's board), and the other two have not yet come to pass.

So I'm just askin', of anyone else if not you - what is his track record?

Brown?

This is Ben Allbright so

Allbright sticking with his sources, expects it to be Darnold, Barkley, Mayfield, Chubb.  not 100% lock but a good idea that this will be the case.  when asked what the Broncos will do at 5:

so the Bills trade up to 5 in that scenario with Allen and Rosen available to them

Darnold to Cleveland at #1 is a best case scenario for the Bills if you buy the earlier rumor that Darnold is the only QB that the Giants are interested.  If Darnold were available, they would draft him, if not, they would draft a non-QB (presumably Barkley or Chubb.  That would leave two QBs out of the top 4 still available after Cleveland picks at #4. , and that gives Buffalo a few more options about where they might trade and who they might target.

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Darnold to Cleveland at #1 is a best case scenario for the Bills if you buy the earlier rumor that Darnold is the only QB that the Giants are interested.  If Darnold were available, they would draft him, if not, they would draft a non-QB (presumably Barkley or Chubb.  That would leave two QBs out of the top 4 still available after Cleveland picks at #4. , and that gives Buffalo a few more options about where they might trade and who they might target.

I actually think (just my own speculation) that Darnold is #1 on the Bills board, not the Giants. And if he’s gone at 1, the Bills will not trade to 2. If he is, they will pull that trigger and it could be that 3-way trade. If he’s gone, they will go to their next guy, and pull the trigger if he’s there at 4.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Allbright sticking with his sources, expects it to be Darnold, Barkley, Mayfield, Chubb.  not 100% lock but a good idea that this will be the case.  when asked what the Broncos will do at 5:

so the Bills trade up to 5 in that scenario with Allen and Rosen available to them

If this is the scenario, this board is going to lose its mind when the Bills pass on Rosen for Josh Allen.   I still think Allen goes #1 but I guess we will see.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually think (just my own speculation) that Darnold is #1 on the Bills board, not the Giants. And if he’s gone at 1, the Bills will not trade to 2. If he is, they will pull that trigger and it could be that 3-way trade. If he’s gone, they will go to their next guy, and pull the trigger if he’s there at 4.

An interesting theory.  Back a couple months ago, it was said the Bills were high on Darnold.  If it were true then, nothing has really happened that would change that.  

Steve Wyche is in the Browns building and said on 92.3 that the #1 pick is finalized, the staff has been informed, and Haslam has signed off on it. Their final draft board was presented to coaches today. They do not believe it will leak. He does not know who it is. When asked for his best guess, he said Baker Mayfield. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Steve Wyche is in the Browns building and said on 92.3 that the #1 pick is finalized, the staff has been informed, and Haslam has signed off on it. Their final draft board was presented to coaches today. They do not believe it will leak. He does not know who it is. When asked for his best guess, he said Baker Mayfield. 

Wow.  If true, very good chance the first four picks in the draft are QB, with CLE trading back with Bills at 4.

On 4/24/2018 at 1:25 PM, BillsEnthusiast said:

This would make sense for him to fall. 

1) Darnold (Browns)

2) Rosen (Bills)

3) Mayfield (Jets)

4) Chubb (Browns)

5) Nelson (Broncos) 

6) Barkley (Giants)

can't see Denver taking Barkley, and everyone is happy here. 

And that's the most important thing of all of course.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, BillsEnthusiast said:

This would make sense for him to fall. 

1) Darnold (Browns)

2) Rosen (Bills)

3) Mayfield (Jets)

4) Chubb (Browns)

5) Nelson (Broncos) 

6) Barkley (Giants)

can't see Denver taking Barkley, and everyone is happy here. 

My take

1) Darnold (Browns)

2) Rosen (Bills)

3) Mayfield (Jets)

4) Giants (Barkley)

5) Cardinals (via trade w/ Broncos) Allen

I think the one guy the Bills think is the only franchise guy is Rosen.

As much as I wish it was Mayfield. 

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This means it WON'T be Baker Mayfield.

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

It's no wonder he is out of KC.  Who was it at KC that was spying on Todd Haley?

Really he turned the Chiefs from a 2-14 disaster to a 11-5 playoff team in one year, I think he knows what he doing ...

3 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Really he turned the Chiefs from a 2-14 disaster to a 11-5 playoff team in one year, I think he knows what he doing ...

True, but he still comes off as super arrogant.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PastorMKC said:

Now he is the GM for the worst team in football.

Edited by Lfod

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Life comes at you fast 

I can't ever think the Browns turn it around next year. I don't want my Bills looking bad for trading Taylor. Nothing personal against the Browns GM or the Browns. 

Edited by Lfod