Allbright: "It's Darnold" UPDATE: He admits he was wrong

KDIGGZ

Just now, kdiggz said:

It's also worth noting that Allbright is based out of Denver and covers the Broncos primarily and it is his belief that they will be trading back with the Bills for 12 and 22 and targeting Ward at CB and Hernandez at G with those picks. Bills moving up for Allen or Rosen

Allbright has pushed Rosen at times but he has been a hard push for Allen per his source that informed him about Peterman.

25 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I believe it.

And then the Giants are so committed to Barkley, that they wouldn't take 2 more first round picks for #2??

C'mon. If Darnold is taken at 1, the Bills should be able to get Rosen at 2.

Barkley won’t get past 4 imo, that where they’d need to be to surrender 2. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

These "draftniks" gloat as if they're experts even when they don't get any picks right in the 1st round.

Only other "profession" that kind of ineptitude be tolerated is in civil service. 

Meteorologists- they are never right. 

15 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If the Bills are able to trade up and either of Darnold/Rosen are available, and they pass, I will **** my pants in rage.

That sounds like a serious anger management issue. I would seek help....and maybe some Depends.   :huh:

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t get it. If he knows or thinks he knows, why did he delete it? He usually likes to throw a parade when he spouts off info.

Could be because ESPN and NFL Network agreed not to tip the picks. Just guessing though

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Allbright has pushed Rosen at times but he has been a hard push for Allen per his source that informed him about Peterman.

I can't believe this until it happens. It feels too forced. 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Could be because ESPN and NFL Network agreed not to tip the picks. Just guessing though

Allbright doesn't work for either of them and already said he will absolutely be tipping picks as he receives them.

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Everyone in Buffalo when the commissioner says "the Buffalo Bills select JOSH...."

ZLRxG.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DCOrange said:

Allbright doesn't work for either of them and already said he will absolutely be tipping picks as he receives them.

His sources may have some leverage, like “delete it or we never speak again”? 

Just now, kdiggz said:

Everyone in Buffalo when the commissioner says "the Buffalo Bills select JOSH...."

ZLRxG.gif

Oh, I’m getting a sick feeling now.....   

Rosen, please!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

His sources may have some leverage, like “delete it or we never speak again”? 

Oh, I’m getting a sick feeling now.....   

Rosen, please!!!!

I'm guessing that's what happened here. He got excited and tweeted it out immediately and then his source was like "...but don't tell anyone" and then Allbright deleted it

16 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I just don't see it.   If the Giants want a QB they aren't moving back.   If they love some other guy, they aren't moving back, because back means behind the Browns and maybe behind the Broncos.   They'll worry that they'll lose their guy.

Only way the Giants are trading back is if they don't want a QB and they aren't in love with a non-QB.   Seems pretty unlikely.  

It's possible they could be in love with 2 or 3 non-QBs. Barkley, Chubb and Nelson are the 3 prospects who are being talked about as the best prospects in this draft.  All 3 are positions of need for the Giants.  They could easily realize they're going to get one of those 3 guys if they drop back to 5 or 6 and also get a bunch of other picks that are going to provide starters immediately to help the Giants and Eli Manning win now.

Eli Manning hasn't signaled he wants to retire and while I've never been really high on him as a QB myself, him and the Giants sucking last year really wasn't because age is physically degrading him.

He's 37, and 40 is the new 35 for QBs... at least that's the way I think Gettleman is viewing this QB decision.  :flirt:

10 minutes ago, teef said:

apparently the only qb they want that high is darnold.  i think that's the basis for trades.  

That's a scenario that makes sense to me, if there's only one QB the Giants want.   But if you're in the market for a QB, as I assume the Giants are, trading back and getting only your third or fourth choice QB doesn't makes sense.  

I feel strongly that other than QB, there are no game changers in this or any draft.   I mean, there is a guy every once in a while who turns out to be a super stud, like JJ Watt, but nobody seems to be able to tell who those guys are in the draft.    They know if there's a game changer, he could be one of about 10 guys.    

I've come around to thinking that if you're not looking for a QB, trading out of the top spots makes sense.   I still think the Giants want a QB.

27 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If the Bills are able to trade up and either of Darnold/Rosen are available, and they pass, I will **** my pants in rage.

Beast - you could sell live subscriptions for the live video feed of the Beast watching the draft.   You could be a star!

28 minutes ago, teef said:

brady quinn was going over his possible scenarios today for the top 10.  if i remember correctly, (someone let me know if you heard it) where if darnold was one, the giants would be willing to trade from two.  i don't recall how, be he described a three team trade involving the colts, giants and bills.  i think the colts trade to 2, the giants take the colts pick at 6(?) and the bills trade up to 2 from the colts.  this way the giants can stay close to the top, and the colts get some extra picks.  who did he have the bills taking at 2?  allen.  yup.

edit:  in this scenario, he somehow had barkley falling to 6, and the giants getting him anyway.  again, i'm not sure if this is exactly as stated.

The buzz for a while was that Darnold is the only QB the Giants would take at #2.  If Darnold goes to the Browns, my understanding was the Giants would pick a player at a different position at #2.  The assumption was that player would be Barkley, but Chubb could not be completely ruled out.  That has been my operating assumption on how the top of the first round will play out.  The three way trade was talked about for a while too.  It was the Bills, Giants and Colts.  It is widely believed that the Giants don't want to drop too far from #2, that #12 is too low to go. In this scenario, the Giants would drop to #6, the Colts to #12, and the Bills would jump to #2.  That would be pretty hard to pull off, both complicated and expensive.  I just don't think it's happening.