Same old Browns. Hue Jackson reported to be shut out by his own GM

34 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Jackson has to make the playoffs if he even wants to have a chance to keep his job... 

I saw a compelling argument somewhere that made the case that keeping Hue acted as a safetynet for Dorseys first year and allowed a scapegoat like the colts did with Ballard and Pagano. 

He's a bad head coach.   He is 9-39 as a a lead man in the NFL.  Dorsey's guy will take over next year.

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Browns RG3 was nowhere near Redskins rookie RG3. He had been figured out long before that. 

Come on, we play the Jets week 3!

Fine 1-3 if McCown does a flip into your end zone, gets hurt, and you get One legged Bridgewater or they let the rookie out of the basement for that game. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Hue is a dead man walking.  he gets no say.  Dorsey will want to hire his own HC after this season

That's what I said on our Message Board and it didn't go well but I stand by it!! I also believe that Haley is there as our next HC to keep things as they are and not change systems again ... 

2 hours ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

To be fair, it's reported that Hue has multiple media outlets that he leaks info to (which is the whole basis of the tweet in the first post), so it could just be a case of hindsight correction.

I assume Peter King is one of them - the others, harder to guess maybe? At the end of the day, I would take everything (even my own opening post) with a grain of salt. But still, fun to speculate!

Something he has in common with Ryan. Hue is an OC. he lacks the organizational acumen to be a good HC. Again, he has that in common with Rex Ryan. 

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s fine. You believe your link, I’ll believe mine. And even IF yours is closer to the truth, what a loser Jackson is for “settling” for a 2nd year qb who threw 28 tds to 7 ints for the highest scoring team in the nfl.  What an idiot!!!

No, still wrong.  Read it again maybe?

Jackson "settled" for RG3.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Hue is 1-31 with the Browns. It’s truly disgraceful that he still has a job. He should be happy with whatever they tell him because the reality is, he’s lucky to still be there. Maybe don’t rock the boat...

Hu-Ego, everyone!:

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hue is one of my Personal Entries in the Crow Pie eating contest.  When rumor had it he was favored by Whaley as the HC for the Bills (instead of wRex) I favored this choice.  At this point, I believe I would have had to "belly up to the bar" for my serving of pie.

Save me a slice of that crow pie. I badly wanted Hue Jackson instead of Rex.  I was convinced we whiffed big time on that one. Whoops.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Therre was buzz early about a disconnect in the Browns organization about the pick for a QB.  Hue Jackson and the coaching staff lobbying for one of the guys and Dorsey wanting somebody else.  If you look up dysfunctional in the dictionary your might find the Cleveland Browns.

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, still wrong.  Read it again maybe?

Jackson "settled" for RG3.

I love how you treat your “source” as gospel.  There are several other articles of him wanting to take a qb high in the draft and getting told no by the front office.  So he was forced to make do with what they provided him.

i guess we’ll see what he does with a top qb this year.  But I think he is a good offensive coach who has garbage at the position and it’s not totally his fault.

17 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Therre was buzz early about a disconnect in the Browns organization about the pick for a QB.  Hue Jackson and the coaching staff lobbying for one of the guys and Dorsey wanting somebody else.  If you look up dysfunctional in the dictionary your might find the Cleveland Browns.

Or they might be in great shape after this draft.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love how you treat your “source” as gospel.  There are several other articles of him wanting to take a qb high in the draft and getting told no by the front office.  So he was forced to make do with what they provided him.

i guess we’ll see what he does with a top qb this year.  But I think he is a good offensive coach who has garbage at the position and it’s not totally his fault.

Or they might be in great shape after this draft.

My "source"?  It's an article that quoted several other published stories surrounding all of those events---and it quotes Jackson himself!

Jackson wanted Goff over Wentz...until he worked out RG3.  then he was cool with passing on a rookie QB. 

Good offensive coach?  Garbage at the position?  What recent Browns HC hasn't had garbage at the QB position?  Yet Pettine, Chudzinski and Shurmur all put together better offensively ranked teams (not by much) than Jackson.

He's an utter disaster in every way.  Every poster on this board could have "coached" that Browns team to the same record the past 2 years...and the same last in the league offense.

22 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hue is too chatty with the media. 

Could you imagine the leaks if Whaley had had the chance to hire him?

Between Hue, Doug, and Russ Brandon the media would have had their own desk in the war room!

13 hours ago, Logic said:

Save me a slice of that crow pie. I badly wanted Hue Jackson instead of Rex.  I was convinced we whiffed big time on that one. Whoops.

It would have been nice to have seen what happens when our GM was allowed to his own HC, regardless of who that was. But yeah, looks like we were screwed either way.

In hindsight, would Schwartz as HC and Reich as OC/asstHC been the right move?