Bills One of the Best Fits for Dez Bryant - Per ESPN

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

How much demand and money would these guys get on the market? Compare that to dez. Yeah they are the same. Come on people. 

Is it because around the league Dez Bryant is viewed as a #1 WR, and Streeter and Holmes are roster bubble guys? Except for TBD of course where we can expect to always pay guys nothing and get the top production from them.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

exactly.

I don't love his attitude.

he still had close to 900 yards last year and is 29 years old.

Oh he played like the last half of the season on a sprained ankle.

This!! Everybody want boy scouts nowadays, we need some edginess in the WR group. 29 or not, he still command attention on the field and put up 900 last season. Doubt the Bills go after him, but if the price is right they should.

3 straight great years, Romo gets hurt (so does he) and replaced with Cassel.  Then they have a Tyrod type QB the next two years- and Dez Bryant suddenly sucks?  I don't think so.  

Edited by White Linen

While I don’t believe it will happen, my brother is a huge Cowboys fan and just had a conversation with me a few weeks ago about Bryant.  He said someone put together an analysis with All22 clips showing Dez running wide open all year last year.  He says it was certainly an indictment of Prescott not finding Bryant wide open.  So yes, he still gets separation but his qb is not finding him for whatever reason.  My brother said if Prescott doesn’t make a jump this year, he’s personally done with him and feels as though Prescott isn’t much different than Taylor.  He’s no scout so take it as you will, but he’s a fan of the cowboys as we are with the Bills.  Just figured I share that. 

20 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

This!! Everybody want boy scouts nowadays, we need some edginess in the WR group. 29 or not, he still command attention on the field and put up 900 last season. Doubt the Bills go after him, but if the price is right they should.

I meant "he's 29, not 35"

People are acting like he's 40 years old

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This shows you how much that ESPN doesnt really pay attention to the Bills.

Could you imagine Dez Bryant on the sideline screaming at whoever we draft because he isnt getting the ball?

Yep.  Dez is the anti-process.    Bright lights, big city prima donna who'll choose the best market where he can be a 'star'.....

3 hours ago, TheBeane said:

I just don't see it happening.  You have to think the Cowboys offered him some where around that $8mil mark because that is what it cost to cut him.  So Dez is probably looking to get a contract between $8M - $12M. 

So for #1 we don't have the cap room for that, and for #2 he doesn't really fit the character mold the McBeanes are trying to build.

2 year 20 million with 8m bonus, 2m salary and 10 next year is only a 6m hit this year. Which we can 100% afford. Now if we want him and what’s the real price are different but we can afford him easily 

• Like (+1) 1

Where will WR land? 10 potential Dez destinations

Dez Bryant is done in Dallas, putting the three-time Pro Bowler on the open market less than two weeks before the NFL Draft.

At 29 years old, Bryant's play has declined precipitously, and he hasn't cleared 900 receiving yards in the past three seasons. Despite the drop in production and persistent questions over the years about his sideline demeanor, Bryant should find a healthy market, for the right price.

Let's dive into 10 hypothetical landing spots where the ex-Cowboys receiver could be throwing up the X in 2018:

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Where will WR land? 10 potential Dez destinations

Dez Bryant is done in Dallas, putting the three-time Pro Bowler on the open market less than two weeks before the NFL Draft.

At 29 years old, Bryant's play has declined precipitously, and he hasn't cleared 900 receiving yards in the past three seasons. Despite the drop in production and persistent questions over the years about his sideline demeanor, Bryant should find a healthy market, for the right price.

Let's dive into 10 hypothetical landing spots where the ex-Cowboys receiver could be throwing up the X in 2018:

I'm ambivalent about Bryant.  I do think some of his drop in production is due to lack of chemistry with Prescott and change in offense.  A different kind of qb could probably elicit better results.

The X factor here is Terry Robiskie. He is such a respected receiver coach and he is the type of tough love coach who could get the most out of Dez. DeMarco Murray loved Robiskie and he and Dez are very close. I could see it happeneing for that reason alone. 

On 4/13/2018 at 2:52 PM, SouthNYfan said:

He would be the best WR on our team.

There isn't even a close 2nd.

This reminds me of Randy Moss in Oakland.  Everyone swore he was washed up and then NE acquired him for a 4th rounder.

I'm telling you, Dez has been playing hurt/injured.  

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

This reminds me of Randy Moss in Oakland.  Everyone swore he was washed up and then NE acquired him for a 4th rounder.

I'm telling you, Dez has been playing hurt/injured.  

He sprained his ankle like week 6-7 (chiefs, I forget which week) and never actually took any time off

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/13/2018 at 2:38 PM, patneiler said:

Yeah, my guess is Washington.

i'm thinking giants. if they had any brains, they'd take chubb or barkley at 2 and a qb in the 2nd or trade back up for rudolph if it goes that way.  they could sign dez and maybe sign odb...and if they don't, they draft a rec. take dez and hit the waiver wire.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i'm thinking giants. if they had any brains, they'd take chubb or barkley at 2 and a qb in the 2nd or trade back up for rudolph if it goes that way.  they could sign dez and maybe sign odb...and if they don't, they draft a rec. take dez and hit the waiver wire.

I think Byrant stated that he wanted to stay in that division!

On 4/13/2018 at 3:05 PM, CountDorkula said:

I'm asking what does it matter if its during a game or during a PC.

I also guess your forgot Sammys disgusted body language during games when EJ Manuel was the QB and gesturing to him to be better

All of us had disgusted body language and gestured EJ to get better. I in fact did yell also.

To the staff at ESPN, did you watch any Bills games last year? Did you not see receivers that couldn't separate from their defenders? If so, then why would we need another one? Maybe you can do more research before you put out this mularkey and take the Buffalo Bills detective with you.