Baker Mayfield is my boy

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just curious about the Mayfield kid......seems to fit the desires of many on TBD.....BUT...more importantly, how or if do you see him as a "fit" with McBeane/McD/McDaboll and what their offensive scheme may be?........and yes the "scheme" is a big ?? at this juncture........

At one point I was big on Lamar because he was a Erhardt/Perkins scheme QB. But the GM has pointed out that OC's come and go and he wouldn't let that dictate his choice (Daboll wondering WTF?). 

Could be smoke screen, maybe not. 

FWIW? Mayfield. #1 overall is the way I see it. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Mayfield won't fall because of trash talking at Kansas...

he will fall because 6'1 QBs do not get drafted top 10 unless your Michael Vick

I don't see any chance he goes top 5. Too risky for an NFL GM... 8-15 is my guess 

I think 11 is the farthest he can fall. Anyone that wants a QB will know they need to get infront of the Bills. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Mayfield won't fall because of trash talking at Kansas...

he will fall because 6'1 QBs do not get drafted top 10 unless your Michael Vick

I don't see any chance he goes top 5. Too risky for an NFL GM... 8-15 is my guess 

This is going to be an interesting draft day. If he falls in that range I would expect the Bills or Dolphins to trade up for him. I would be happy if Mayfield became a Bill. 

I honestly have no clue where Allen is going to go. Someone will fall in love with him, I just don't know who it will be. 

8 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

That 'cocky punk' Baker Mayfield.

Walk on player to Texas Tech when every major program passed on him

Transferred to Oklahoma and just became a Heisman Trophy winner

'Well he has a strut in his step, what a cocky SOB.' So did Jim Kelly. He was an @ss till he grew up.

Imagine being a 2.0 GPA high schooler and becoming a neurosurgeon after finally being challenged in an elite school.

I want Baker Mayfield more than any other QB in this draft. He is Buffalo and WNY personified.

Overlooked, left behind and discounted. Yet continues to fight, and will be successful regardless of the odds.

TBD can be Josh Rosen crazy, but If Darnold, Rosen and Allen go by #5, then by all means do everything you can to get this guy.

He has 'It' and I think he would fit into Buffalo very quickly and be a legend when it is all said and done.

Like Mark Twain said, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

And oh yeah, this arrogant jerk found the time to call McKenzie Asher's family within 48 hours of winning a Heisman and knowing she died.

Evander Kane did a lot for kids too but liked the nightlife a little too much. The Pegulas don't need any more off field distractions.. 

Ef it... go Kansas. I never root for duke. 

Also Grayson Allen is a psych major, and he looks like he tortured small animals as a child. A coincidence? I think not. He also looks like Ted Cruz, which politics aside, I think we can all unite on the fact that, that is rather unfortunate for any person. 

Anyways I'm fine with Mayfield, Darnold or Rosen. I'm not going to pretend I know enough to pick out of the 3. I'm also fine with Allen and Rudolph even though they make me nervous. Just take a shot.

• Haha (+1) 1

The mocks are all over the place & i think McBean & company picked up AJ to have a bit of play in their decision .

Then you through in the fact that Dabol is going to have a lot of input on which QB is drafted i think the guys doing the mocking & the fans could be very surprised with which direction they go .

Dabol got to see some of the QB's coming out up close & personal & McBean & co. have said they are drafting for the future & haven't made any real rash moves it's all been very calculated .

I can't wait to finally see what they do come draft day I think it's going to leave us all scratching our heads !!

Like the scene at the end of the movie that leaves you going "I didn't see that one coming" !!

On 3/25/2018 at 6:38 PM, Tyrod's friend said:

Baker Mayfield is going #1 overall and he will haunt your life.

No he isn't.  I think someone is gonna get a good Quarterback with Baker Mayfield.  Sadly I don't think it will be the Bills.  I hope I am wrong I just do not see Beane and McDermott being comfortable with him.  

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No he isn't.  I think someone is gonna get a good Quarterback with Baker Mayfield.  Sadly I don't think it will be the Bills.  I hope I am wrong I just do not see Beane and McDermott being comfortable with him.  

Everyone has the right to my opinion ...

Hey, what about a just weird idea? OBJ + #2 for 12,22, Hughes and a bit more. Maybe 2019 1. You have to think the Gmen don't want to trade in-conference. We need WR and haven't even addressed this yet. 

I have loved to have Mayfield since the start of the college season (as my posts have been saying since then).  I am not afraid of his 6ft status.  He is accurate,  creative,  smart and best of all....  Guts and gall that remind me of Kelly.  I would love to see him score and "dunk" over the patriots. Finally,  his team mates LOVE him.  The way they brought out his jersey was a phenomenal gesture.

• Like (+1) 1

There's not a better fit for WNY and our fanbase than Baker Mayfield. First time he throws a 60 yard bomb for a TD and his celebration running the length of the field will be iconic.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I still don't love him and I don't know if I buy it, but if they think he is Drew Brees, and will win from the pocket, I'm good with it. Trusting the process.  

For a short guy he hardly ever gets his ball batted down at the line unlike Rosen who surprisingly gets passes batted down a ton.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

For a short guy he hardly ever gets his ball batted down at the line unlike Rosen who surprisingly gets passes batted down a ton.

because he played in a 1 read quick throw shotgun offense.  in the senior bowl when they put him in a drop back pro style system he had 2 balls batted down out of like 7 throws total.  it's definitely a concern of mine now.

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

because he played in a 1 read quick throw shotgun offense.  in the senior bowl when they put him in a drop back pro style system he had 2 balls batted down out of like 7 throws total.  it's definitely a concern of mine now.

I don't put any stock in Senior Bowl games but yeah they're going to have to move him around a bit in our new offense.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Good arm strength, good accuracy, great field vision and anticipation. Mayfield is the QB from this draft that will be the super star QB.

Yup.

Gone by the 4th pick. I don't think the general population adequately understands how much football minds discount ability for injuries. Billy Price is staying on that board until the third round. Josh Rosen is going to wait until Arizona or worse. 

9 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Yup.

Gone by the 4th pick. I don't think the general population adequately understands how much football minds discount ability for injuries. Billy Price is staying on that board until the third round. Josh Rosen is going to wait until Arizona or worse. 

There is absolutely zero chance Josh Rosen lasts to Arizona.  Zilch, nada, none.  

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, Niagara Dude said:

He has major bust written all over him,  i would not waste a 3rd round on the most overhyped player in 2018 draft.

Wrong thread this thread is talking about Baker Mayfield not Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

There is absolutely zero chance Josh Rosen lasts to Arizona.  Zilch, nada, none.  

Zero? LOL. Here's a completely plausible scenario.

Cleveland takes Darnold.
Bills move up to #2. Take Baker Mayfield.
Jets continue on their path to take another QB just like Bryce Petty. Take Allen.
Denver has $36MM invested in Case. Takes a key piece (G? who knows). 
Miami just brought on Osweiler to back up Tannehill, didn't they?

Next draft pick for a team that truly needs a QB? Arizona. 

I'm telling you, players with an injury history are not loved in the draft and fans/analysts never discount this far enough. They get consumed by gym short workouts and scrimmages. But evaluators never forget and the tape lasts forever.

Anyways, Mayfield is the guy. 

22 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Zero? LOL. Here's a completely plausible scenario.

Cleveland takes Darnold.
Bills move up to #2. Take Baker Mayfield.
Jets continue on their path to take another QB just like Bryce Petty. Take Allen.
Denver has $36MM invested in Case. Takes a key piece (G? who knows). 
Miami just brought on Osweiler to back up Tannehill, didn't they?

Next draft pick for a team that truly needs a QB? Arizona. 

I'm telling you, players with an injury history are not loved in the draft and fans/analysts never discount this far enough. They get consumed by gym short workouts and scrimmages. But evaluators never forget and the tape lasts forever.

Anyways, Mayfield is the guy. 

Yes.  Zero.  

FWIW    -  with 2 Mayfield threads on the top page I'll post in both 

https://fansided.com/2018/03/28/baker-mayfield-rumors-broncos-trouble-coaching/

The Denver Broncos got a close look at Baker Mayfield during the Senior Bowl, but there were apparently some issues.

For the teams in the top-five of this year’s draft, a decision to take one of the top quarterbacks will be necessary. The Denver Broncos hold the No. 5 pick, which may put them in position to get the third or fourth quarterback off the board if things go a certain way. 2017 Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield could then be an option, but that may not be in the cards.

Mayfield practiced with and played for the North team, led by the Broncos’ coaching staff, at the Senior Bowl. That close proximity to Mayfield provided the opportunity for a good evaluation, at least initially one way or the other. By all indications Mayfield had a good week, despite arriving late due to his mother’s illness and leaving the game early to be with her.

I like Mayfield. I think I like him better than the others.  Only thing I don't like is his height. 

Reports are he's extremely accurate. I like that. 

He's a big time competitor and I like that. 

He can scramble but he's slow. 

I think the punk stuff is overblown.  Big Ben was pretty outta control when he was young.  

I like that he's won a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 42Knuck said:

He may be your boy, but I'm pretty sure he isn't the Bill's boy.  He is not a team guy, he gets in trouble, he does stupid things on the field.  I don't see it happening.

That's more of the knock that's been reported about Rosen. 

All that I have heard is that Mayfield's teammates would go to battle for him because he was so well liked. 

As far as stupid things on the field, I (and I feel like many others) would be pretty okay with Mayfield scoring a TD to put us up by 25 on the Patriots and grabbing his crotch towards them. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

In my life as a NYer, there have been maybe four guys tailor made for NYC.

Mark Messier.

Reggie Jackson.
Clyde Frazier.

Joe Willie Namath. 

(you could add Dr. J, but ... Nassau?)

And this guy. There is no way, NO WAY ... that Newsday, the NYDN and the NY Post let the Jets pick anyone else. Buffalonians just have no idea how unrelenting that city is unless you've lived it. 

If Baker gets past Cleveland, and I doubt it but lets face it Darnold is the "safe" pick, you either offer the Giants a King's Ransom or prepare to have that grinning face kick your butt 20 times in the next 10 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1