Browns will be better than....

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It's okay man. When the Browns beat us in a playoff game you can blame Tyrod for the Bills loss for old times sake :lol:

If the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals planes vanish the browns will make it.   

Im not buying a 9 win browns team.  

I don’t think Cleveland should take Barkley honestly. Hyde/Duke is a good RB duo as is and with all their Day 2 picks, they can add another very good RB without having to use the #4 pick to do so. 

I dont think they’ll hit 8 wins this season but I don’t think buffalo will either. It’ll be close between the two teams this year but I like how Cleveland is building their team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Haslam kept Hue Jackson against Dorsey’s wishes because of clauses in his contract that would have dramatically escalated his compensation if he was fired before the start of the 2018 season.  Expect him to have a very short leash if the season starts off poorly.  Haslam should have eaten that contract anyway.  Notably Sashi Brown wanted to draft Wentz at 2 but Jackson didn’t want him.  Despite Hue spinning it the other way later that was known at the time of the trade to the Iggles.

A fresh start with a new HC would have been a clear line of demarcation from the failure of the past to a new start that didn't include the ridiculous losing history of the recent past. If as you noted Jackson was instrumental in the qb decision not to select Wentz then there was a greater reason to fire him. 

If the owner was reluctant to follow the wishes of the newly appointed GM who wanted to replace Jackson because of financial reasons then that was a shortsighted decision. The decision to get the right HC has a greater bearing on team success and in the end resulting in increasing revenue. This is a case of penny wise and dollar foolish. 

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think their OL is better, Tyrod/Darnold > McCarron/?, if they draft Barkley RB will be close (and they have better depth with Hyde & Duke), they are way better at LB too. 

We have the advantage at DT. 

We are also looking at this pre-draft. Let's see how things stack up post draft when Cleveland uses the ton of picks they have and we have to trade a bunch of ours to get the 4th QB off the board. This draft is deep at DT, I'm sure Cleveland will find someone there. Meanwhile, we don't even have a starting MLB aka the most important position in McD's defense. Yikes

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

If the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals planes vanish the browns will make it.   

Im not buying a 9 win browns team.  

My thoughts exactly. Can any of us envision TT winning a shootout with Big Ben? TT is also a former Raven, so expect them to have his number. Jarvis Landry is a possession receiver who isn’t going to make a ton of huge plays, and TT is still TT. I’m not sure how much has changed to make people think this 0-16 team is 9 win team.

if that’s the case, TT ranks up there with the elite. Btw, Joe Thomas also retired, and Jackson is crap as a head coach. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Everywhere except pass rush and wide receiver. Their best player retired this offseason. 

I think you love their roster way more than it deserves. 

Plus, where is the leadership on this Browns team? This team appears to lack any form of leadership. Leadership is a common denominator shared by most successful teams. That void isn’t going to be filled by TT or Jarvis Landry. 

12 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Plus, where is the leadership on this Browns team? This team appears to lack any form of leadership. Leadership is a common denominator shared by most successful teams. That void isn’t going to be filled by TT or Jarvis Landry. 

That's my only hangup on them making a significant step forward.  They took major character risks (something Dorsey was known for in KC) and could very much be in a position of players just looking out for themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's my only hangup on them making a significant step forward.  They took major character risks (something Dorsey was known for in KC) and could very much be in a position of players just looking out for themselves.

Yes, regardless of the overall talent the Browns possess, this remains a major question mark. TT seems like a good dude, but he doesn’t provide leadership. He’ll still run the playclock down to zero with his team trailing by two scores late in the game, and Landry is likely to throw a few temper tantrums this season. Keep in mind, this is all being overseen seen by a head coach who hasn’t shown the ability to do anything in this league. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

10 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Yes, regardless of the overall talent the Browns possess, this remains a major question mark. TT seems like a good dude, but he doesn’t provide leadership. He’ll still run the playclock down to zero with his team trailing by two scores late in the game, and Landry is likely to throw a few temper tantrums this season. Keep in mind, this is all being overseen seen by a head coach who hasn’t shown the ability to do anything in this league. 

And Joe Thomas is gone

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I don’t think Cleveland should take Barkley honestly. Hyde/Duke is a good RB duo as is and with all their Day 2 picks, they can add another very good RB without having to use the #4 pick to do so. 

I dont think they’ll hit 8 wins this season but I don’t think buffalo will either. It’ll be close between the two teams this year but I like how Cleveland is building their team. 

Agree on all thing she Cleveland.  I think they’re another year away from finding their footing though.  As for records, I’ll wait until closer to the season to make my predictions.  

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

the win totals will be out after the draft, and you will NOT get a good deal on the Browns. Lots of folks jumping on them. Thye are now the hot "sneaky good" team, which obviously means they are not "sneaky" anymore. I predict the line  at 6 1/2 win total, but a huge vig on the over..something like - 160 to win 100.

Bookmakers know this huge groundswell of the "the Browns are going to surprise and be really good" is out there and will entice you like hell to bet the over...be very weary!!!!!

I hope you’ll forgive me if I’m not all in on your gambling expertise, which, as you may recall, recently cost me three beers! Who bets on a horse just because it’s name is Shady McCoy? 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I hope you’ll forgive me if I’m not all in on your gambling expertise, which, as you may recall, recently cost me three beers! Who bets on a horse just because it’s name is Shady McCoy? 

lest we forget, we put him in some exactas as well,  cause the other horse was named Cherry Pie ..in honor of the Pie thread on OTW.

And yes, obviously only an idiot bets on a horses name....but in football, I have a little more sense..( even though I did go broke last football season:doh::lol: )

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

A fresh start with a new HC would have been a clear line of demarcation from the failure of the past to a new start that didn't include the ridiculous losing history of the recent past. If as you noted Jackson was instrumental in the qb decision not to select Wentz then there was a greater reason to fire him. 

If the owner was reluctant to follow the wishes of the newly appointed GM who wanted to replace Jackson because of financial reasons then that was a shortsighted decision. The decision to get the right HC has a greater bearing on team success and in the end resulting in increasing revenue. This is a case of penny wise and dollar foolish. 

I could not agree more. 

23 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Your forgetting QB.

I don't know who will have what at QB. Tyrod has an edge on McCarron I suspect though we haven't seen AJ play much. Neither are the answer at either spot. It really comes down to who does each team draft. 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:55 PM, kdiggz said:

I said this today and got laughed at but it's true unfortunately. They have a lot of young talent and now they are adding playmakers. Tyrod will get them to .500 and Darnold can take them over the hump next year. Add Barkley in the mix and they have an actual offense now. They have a lot of picks in this draft so they will add the supporting pieces.

yes. all of this. and then you have to factor in all the premium picks the browns have...without having to trade any of them, let alone a good chunk of them, away for their qb of the future. they had cash and they have picks. they should be much, much improved. they could very well be a playoff contender this year. and for many going forward.

Edited by swnybillsfan

23 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

i think that tyrod can absolutely provide leadership. he is a veteran with a lot of experience. he has led a punchline team into the playoffs after the longest drought in north american sports. he has a tremendous work ethic. he is respected be players and coaches alike. and he has the ability to make positives out of negatives. (just focusing on the positive things he brings here)

we had a thread like this last year in regards to the Rams.  go back and look at how many of you dummies thought the Bills were better than the Rams.  i don't think the Browns will have as big of a turn around as the Rams did but I expect the Browns to make a big jump this year

20 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

Why are they called the Browns? I mean there helmet is orange there strips are orange they should be called the oranges.... 

While they are at it they should move them to Florida, boom problem solved! winning season after winning season as the Florida oranges. 

23 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

i think that tyrod can absolutely provide leadership. he is a veteran with a lot of experience. he has led a punchline team into the playoffs

Led ?      He didn’t lead anything.     He led as much as Jordan Mills did.  

2,799 yards and 14 tds ? ?????. 

Browns are a joke, as is Tyrod.   

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Led ?      He didn’t lead anything.     He led as much as Jordan Mills did.  

2,799 yards and 14 tds ? ?????. 

Browns are a joke, as is Tyrod.   

he was the qb, he gets the credit. it's as much as if he would have "led" them to a 1-15 record. the qb is that guy, the record of the team is on him more so than any other player on the field. like i said...i was just focusing on the positive points. 

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

we had a thread like this last year in regards to the Rams.  go back and look at how many of you dummies thought the Bills were better than the Rams.  i don't think the Browns will have as big of a turn around as the Rams did but I expect the Browns to make a big jump this year

1 win would be a jump for the Browns. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know who will have what at QB. Tyrod has an edge on McCarron I suspect though we haven't seen AJ play much. Neither are the answer at either spot. It really comes down to who does each team draft. 

McCarron is a substantial downgrade from Taylor.  We are going from one of the top 32 QBs in the league - even if he was well into the 20s on that list - to a guy who is not an NFL starter.