Veteran QB: It all comes down to FOLES / MCCARRON!

With Brees, Garoppolo, Cousins, Bradford, Keenum, Bridgewater gone, it all comes down to these options: (there are other QBs but I dont think they are going to happen)

Tier 1: (not a FA)

Nick Foles

Tier 2: (All FA)

Aj McCarron

Josh McCown

Tier 3: (All FA)

Derek Anderson 

Tom Savage

Chase Daniel

Matt Moore

Colin Kaepernick

Geno Smith

Chad Henne

Wonder who the Bills sign / get.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

2 minutes ago, skibum said:

I don't know, this list looks like a bunch of proven bums. 

Well,  While I won't disagree with that, we got great value for Taylor and I would rather have Chase Daniel, or McCarron who are a little less proven and may have some hidden upside, as opposed to Taylor whom we know all too well. 

6 minutes ago, JPP said:

Stay as far away from tier 3 as possible....

I disagree.

I don't want McCarron, Foles, or McCown because all will be fairly expensive and I want our rookie to start right away, unless it's Allen (GOD PLEASE NOOOO!!!!)... in which case, get McCarron or Foles who could start for a couple years potentially.

11 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

With Brees, Garoppolo, Cousins, Bradford, Keenum, Bridgewater gone, it all comes down to these options: (there are other QBs but I dont think they are going to happen)

Tier 1: (not a FA)

Nick Foles

Tier 2: (All FA)

Aj McCarron

Josh McCown

Tier 3: (All FA)

Derek Anderson 

Tom Savage

Chase Daniel

Matt Moore

Colin Kaepernick

Geno Smith

Chad Henne

Wonder who the Bills sign / get.

McCown/Rosen/Peterman/UDFA

McCown & Rosen fight for the starting spot. Peterman/UDFA fight for last roster spot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I disagree.

I don't want McCarron, Foles, or McCown because all will be fairly expensive and I want our rookie to start right away, unless it's Allen (GOD PLEASE NOOOO!!!!)... in which case, get McCarron or Foles who could start for a couple years potentially.

Mccown will be relatively cheap...wway way more cheaper than Mccarron would be my guess....eveything clearly points to us aggresively going to snag one of the top QB in the draft which is exactly what they should do......I say mccown only if a vet has to start for a bit and when i say a bit im hoping for perhaps half a season and put in the rookie......i want a very very short term Vet in event we do get a rosen-darnold or mayfield.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JPP said:

Mccown will be relatively cheap...wway way more cheaper than Mccarron would be my guess....eveything clearly points to us aggresively going to snag one of the top QB in the draft which is exactly what they should do......I say mccown only if a vet has to start for a bit and when i say a bit im hoping for perhaps half a season and put in the rookie......i want a very very short term Vet in event we do get a rosen-darnold or mayfield.....

I'd be generally okay with McCown if we got him fairly cheap, but I think he'll go back to the Jets for another year now.

I don't want Foles or McCarron.  I want Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold.

Or Andrew Luck.

There should not be any more bidders for Foles (if there even was any to begin with). Eagles are in a bit of cap hell. They need to dump salary. If their demands are too high, they keep Foles and have to cut other areas where they may not want. They'd probably have to come down in their demands to relieve some pressure...if Foles, is in fact, in play. 

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'd be generally okay with McCown if we got him fairly cheap, but I think he'll go back to the Jets for another year now.

I don't want Foles or McCarron.  I want Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold.

Or Andrew Luck.

By the way Andrew Luck is a possibility because Colts have Frank Reich who would like to be reunited with Foles. Colts are a dark horse candidate for Foles. FOles + Qb at No. 2 is a possibility for Colts.

Even with this release

Philly is over the cap. How can they keep Foles?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Jeepers-creepers for the first time ever I hit my reaction limit...didn't even know that was a thing.

kdiggz, remind me to give you a thumbs up on this tomorrow!

Me too! Was going to give you a thanks but it said o reached my limit. Didn't know that was a thing

please, anyone but Matt "Nobody Wants" Moore... at this point I'd like Foles obviously if it wasnt too expensive, but even though im not thrilled about it, I can see McCown being a smart choice. He'd likely be signed for cheap, he's familiar with the Erkhardt Perkins system we'll be deploying this season & would be a great mentor for whoever we draft.

Get er done Beane, my F5 key is not gonna last much longer!

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

By the way Andrew Luck is a possibility because Colts have Frank Reich who would like to be reunited with Foles. Colts are a dark horse candidate for Foles. FOles + Qb at No. 2 is a possibility for Colts.

It could be that Indy was the AFC that offered the Eagles a #2 pick for Foles. Won't it be a B word for all those teams that signed a warty free agent QB if Andrew Luck becomes available near training camp? 

I have a feeling it will be McCarron when all is said and done.  We want a guy that can push the Rookie, but has been in the league for a while.  Make the kid earn the starting spot.  Foles won't be moved until Wentz is good to go, and since he hasn't move yet, he is unlikely to move until TC IMO.

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

It could be that Indy was the AFC that offered the Eagles a #2 pick for Foles. Won't it be a B word for all those teams that signed a warty free agent QB if Andrew Luck becomes available near training camp? 

I havent heard anything about his shoulder. That is the key.

23 minutes ago, Madd Charlie said:

Anderson played in Carolina when McD was there so you already know he's definitely on the radar

So now we're putting guys that suck on our radar?

I'm all in on McCarron at this point, if in fact these rumors of where QBs will land prove to be true.