Veteran QB: It all comes down to FOLES / MCCARRON!

32 minutes ago, skibum said:

Foles will be too expensive, so it's really down to your tier 2 and 3. 

Anyone wishing the FO had held off on trading Tyrod for a few more days?

Why will Foles be too expensive? He’s signed for 2018-9. We won’t need more than that.

After seeing Bradford sign for 20 mil. I'm scared out of my mind how much it would cost to get McCarron. He is the FA I wanted the whole time out of everyone available. 3 years for 50 mil would be my offer to him based on the other QB contracts that are flying around.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Waiting for the news that we signed McCarron.

It would not surprise me If A J McCarron was always Buffalo's top choice and If it comes to be at a more reasonable price then the McCarron camp originally had hoped for,

the Beane man worked his magic again,

MERCY!

8 minutes ago, McBean said:

McBeane obviously thinks whoever they are drafting will be ready Day 1 so it’s irrelevant.

I agree, enough of these journey QBs, move up in the draft and get a day one starter.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Gonna take more than a 2nd - that's for sure.

I think Foles price in a trade is going backwards not forwards. Teams in need are getting smaller and Phillys time is running out.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Nah...we have Philly on the ropes now.

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha.....dunno about that.  Altho IF the Bills were to take care of Foles AND Bradham somehow in the same deal I would most def get a chubby.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

After seeing the money being thrown around for QB's I am 100% sure Foles will be holding out. Any team that trades for Foles will be paying him 15 mil a year at the least.

I agree, add in he gets traded to a team he doesn't want to be on and his price will double IMO.

45 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Josh McCown or Tom Savage for me, draft Mayfield/Darnold/Rosen and be done with it.

With Savage and Peterman, you have a Pitt backup QB duo, plus Shady.  

I'd want Rosen/Mayfield if we go this route though.  

30 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Jeepers-creepers for the first time ever I hit my reaction limit...didn't even know that was a thing.

kdiggz, remind me to give you a thumbs up on this tomorrow!

hit mine today also.  Just close the browser for an hour or so.  Then you'll be good to go.  Free agency does this to people! 

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

If we are adding a vet then I get McCown. McCarron is still relatively inexperienced, but he may be less expensive. 

Less expensive and possibly a higher ceiling.

Theres no guarantee any QB Buffalo drafts will be franchise or even starter worthy and in all actuality the odds are against us.

Double down with McCarron... 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm starting to really think it's McCarron and that it's always been McCarron. I find it very odd that most people thought he'd be getting paid after Cousins and that he hasn't been linked to anyone yet.

I hope your right.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

hit mine today also.  Just close the browser for an hour or so.  Then you'll be good to go.  Free agency does this to people! 

Ryan...

I am not sure I can do that right now.  That would mean not being able to respond...I...I really can't do that right now.

:P

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ryan...

I am not sure I can do that right now.  That would mean not being able to respond...I...I really can't do that right now.

:P

hahah.  i know.  if i didn't have work to do, it would have been hard.  Perhaps closing the browser is not part of the process.  :)

• Like (+1) 1

@RyanC883

Ha-ha, just got the up vote ability back!

OK, this simple, guys, what would you give up to get Foles?

I am not asking you whether you would or wouldn't.  If you don't want him then just don't respond.  I am asking to any of you out there right now what would you give up?

Right now, I would possibly give up this year's 4th and maybe next year's 5th, BUT still moving up to get our franchise QB in the top 5.

EDIT: with Foles we are making another playoff run in 2018.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@RyanC883

Ha-ha, just got the up vote ability back!

OK, this simple, guys, what would you give up to get Foles?

I am not asking you whether you would or wouldn't.  If you don't want him then just don't respond.  I am asking to any of you out there right now what would you give up?

Right now, I would possibly give up this year's 4th and maybe next year's 5th, BUT still moving up to get our franchise QB in the top 5.

EDIT: with Foles we are making another playoff run in 2018.  

I'd go as high as a 2nd, or a 3rd this year and a conditional pick next year ranging from 5th to 2nd depending on playing and how far we get in the playoffs.   And I agree, we still move up to get the franchise QB.  

PS.  Glad to hear your up-voting ability is back!!

Edited by RyanC883

My sense on the #Eagles and QB Nick Foles: They do not want to trade him. For a 1st rounder, maybe. But with the uncertainty around Carson Wentz for the 2018 opener… they don’t want to trade Foles. Or, basically, what GM Howie Roseman has said publicly.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

I think if the Eagles were seriously wanting to trade Foles, the Jets wouldve been in on him or perhaps another team. I just dont see the Jets signing Bridgewater if Foles wouldve been available for a mid round pick. I see the Eagles holding on to Foles at the very least to training camp & most likely for the whole season. Philly doesnt really NEED to trade him. Having an mvp superbowl winning qb on ur team isnt such a bad thing to have

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd go as high as a 2nd, or a 3rd this year and a conditional pick next year ranging from 5th to 2nd depending on playing and how far we get in the playoffs.   And I agree, we still move up to get the franchise QB.  

PS.  Glad to hear your up-voting ability is back!!

Ry, I would maybe limit a 2019 pick on whether we resign him.  

to be clear, he is not THE ANSWER for me going forward, but he makes Buffalo a playoff contender in 2018 whereas Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield would still take a year.

TSW Board Member: "But D$D, you forgot to mention Allen?!"

Stop it...STOP IT...You...Stop it!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Very happy the Bills didn't reach for Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford/Cousins... if we're trading up to get a QB stud, all we need is a bridge like McCarron or McCown or even Moore. I like what they're doing.

Remember, if any of these so-called great FAs out there were actually great, they wouldn't be available!

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No

Not at the least! Im in for McCown and draft high! Hes a high IQ backup that could really help a young QB

Plus hes played for just about every team in the nfl but ours

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'd be generally okay with McCown if we got him fairly cheap, but I think he'll go back to the Jets for another year now.

I don't want Foles or McCarron.  I want Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold.

Or Andrew Luck.

Teams with open QB positions are drying up. I would offer 1 yr deals to both McCarron or McCown telling them they would have a chance to win the starting job in training camp. McCarron gets a shot to set himself up for a big pay day if he plays well either from the Bills or another team. This allows us to not rush a rookie QB out on the field too soon.