Good morning, boys

It's a beautiful day here in Bills Country. 

Just a beautiful, beautiful day.

Was listening to some Cleveland sports radio this morning. It was adorable to hear them talk about what "Taylor to Landry & Gordon" is going to look like. 

I hope they enjoy each and every single one of those 3100 yards passing and 20 TDs. 

Edited by twoandfourteen
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Landry won’t be hitting the hundred receptions this season.

Not so sure I agree. Even though I am very happy with the trade, I think Taylor and Landry are a good match. Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KGun12TD said:

Poor Browns...I feel so sad for them.

They are 1-31 the last 2 years. This is huge for them. They are finally an NFL team.

1 minute ago, Dr Doom said:

Not so sure I agree. Even though I am very happy with the trade, I think Taylor and Landry are a good match. Time will tell.

I actually think that Taylor with Gordon and Coleman is a good fit. He’s a much better deep ball thrower than he is on possession routes.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They are 1-31 the last 2 years. This is huge for them. They are finally an NFL team.

I actually think that Taylor with Gordon and Coleman is a good fit. He’s a much better deep ball thrower than he is on possession routes.

I hope Taylor succeeds in Cleveland. If a team ever actually tried to design an offense around his skills he could be a lot better. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Dr Doom said:

You think one of Taylor WRs can average over 6 catches a game after watching him make poor decisions for 3 years? He’ll be lucky to get 100 targets let alone a 100 catches

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope Taylor succeeds in Cleveland. If a team ever actually tried to design an offense around his skills he could be a lot better. 

He will have some explosive playmakers. I hope that he does well there too. I always kind of liked the Browns (maybe because they’ve been so bad). 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He will have some explosive playmakers. I hope that he does well there too. I always kind of liked the Browns (maybe because they’ve been so bad). 

We did have the #12 offense under Taylor in 2016. (Was #6 before the Jets finale.) If the Flub Brothers hadn't buggered up the defense, we might have made the playoffs that year. 

Again, use him correctly and Cleveland could make some noise.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Browns are not bereft of talent. Their roster is going to be bolstered with high draft picks and additional free agent pickups. Just with credible qb play they should make a quantum leap forward. This is a terrific situation for Taylor to be going to. 

Bills fans often scoff at the Browns.  They have earned the derision by their own ineptitude. But now with the new GM there is an order and strategy that will get this floundering franchise toward a more rational path. The reality is that they have better young talent than we do.. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If a team ever actually tried to design an offense around his skills he could be a lot better. 

8th year is when the magic happens.  

All of the other OC’s didn’t think of this. ????‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

The Browns are not bereft of talent. Their roster is going to be bolstered with high draft picks and additional free agent pickups. Just with credible qb play they should make a quantum leap forward. This is a terrific situation for Taylor to be going to. 

Bills fans often scoff at the Browns.  They have earned the derision by their own ineptitude. But now with the new GM there is an order and strategy that will get this floundering franchise toward a more rational path. The reality is that they have better young talent than we do.. 

They have better young talent than most teams. They will add Barkley and a QB IMO. Barkley, QB and Garrett is already a nice start.  They have some stars. I like the Browns talent. They will be much better starting this year and should continue to ascend.

6 minutes ago, BananaB said:

You think one of Taylor WRs can average over 6 catches a game after watching him make poor decisions for 3 years? He’ll be lucky to get 100 targets let alone a 100 catches

i absolutely believe that. tyrod taylor is far, far from a horrible qb. he has his limitations. but he also has his strengths. he is a good runner, he can improvise, he can throw on the move, he has shown the ability to keep his eyes downfield while on the run, strong arm, good deep ball, durable...with talent around him and good game design, he can succeed.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They have better young talent than most teams. They will add Barkley and a QB IMO. Barkley, QB and Garrett is already a nice start.  They have some stars. I like the Browns talent. They will be much better starting this year and should continue to ascend.

If the Browns add Barkley as I expect they will then that would be a terrific situation for Tyrod. With Tyrod's running ability and good receivers the defense is going to be stretched. That plays into Taylor's strengths of running and throwing into the open spaces.

What their GM is now doing is tying things together. It is no longer just accumulating picks and creating cap space. Now there is a purposeful  strategy of putting together the pieces.  I agree with you that Cleveland is very likely to use their first draft pick on Barkley and their next pick on Darnold. If he is not available they will then probably take either Mayfield or Allen. (I see a scenario of us getting Rosen.)

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of adorable, OP.... What’s adorable(I actually mean pathetic) is a certain handful of posters celebrating yesterday more than the playoff birth back in January. 

All the the same people that are jumping for joy were the annoying downers 2 months ago making every excuse in the book as to why the bills made the postseason and how it wasn’t a big deal.  Its honestly pretty pathetic.

....all that being said it was a really good move. 1st pick of the third? Wow. Never thought he would draw that. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Was listening to some Cleveland sports radio this morning. It was adorable to hear them talk about what "Taylor to Landry & Gordon" is going to look like. 

I hope they enjoy each and every single one of those 3100 yards passing and 20 TDs.

Well, considering they got 11 TD, 22 INT, and 2800 yds passing out of Kizer on a game shy of 500 passing attempts last year, if they can field a defense they probably will.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Speaking of adorable, OP.... What’s adorable(I actually mean pathetic) is a certain handful of posters celebrating yesterday more than the playoff birth back in January. 

All the the same people that are jumping for joy were the annoying downers 2 months ago making every excuse in the book as to why the bills made the postseason. Its honestly pretty pathetic.

....all that being said if was a really good move. 1st pick of the third? Wow. Never thought he would draw that. 

Please don’t get nasty 

people have been waiting one or more years to move on.  

This trade enforces the belief that McDermott and Beane are very committed to improving the Buffalo Bills. 

Why shouldnt we be happy? 

And yes there are some being overly d-baggy.  

You should ignore them. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Please don’t get nasty 

people have been waiting one or more years to move on.  

This trade enforces the belief that McDermott and Beane are very committed to improving the Buffalo Bills. 

Why shouldnt we be happy? 

Be happy. I’m happy we got a good deal. But it’s sad to me that I’m seeing more celebration as a result of the trade yesterday from a good amount of people on here than I saw back in January. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

29 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

8th year is when the magic happens.  

All of the other OC’s didn’t think of this. ????‍♂️

Come on,  Roman and  Lynn both had some success with Tyrod under center, because they played more to his strenghts. Rico went completely the other direction, and it showed.  

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

Yea, you know what though? Right now the only QB we have on our roster threw 5 picks in one half of football. They have a QB that did have a part in a playoff team. Not saying Tyrod is great, but this does move them in the right direction. Taylor is a HUGE step up from what they had (much like he was a step up from EJ for us) and they most likely will have a great prospect in the QB room after the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Landry won’t be hitting the hundred receptions this season.

Tyrod loves the short pass, Landry loves the short route, so it seems like a ton of 0-3 yard passes are in the cards.

That would mean Tyrod has to, you know, actually throw the ball for it to happen though, which is always a big question mark ?

Also, Gordon won't last half the season before he's suspended again.

Plus, even if he can last, who's to say he's anywhere near as good as he was? The dude has not played in years, although he is only like 26.

This move certainly takes the stink off of the Chris Ivory signing.

I'm sure Cleveland will be fine. Best case scenario for Cleveland is that the rookie they draft at #1 or #4 beats Taylor out in training camp and pre-season and wins the job. Worst case, Taylor throws for 3100 yards and 20 TDs plus his rushing impact. That would be  A LOT better than what Cleveland has been used to these last 20 years at the position.

I wouldn’t feel too bad about the Browns right now. They have some really good talent in place and primo draft picks up the wazoo. If they draft Barkley and if their OC “Taylor’s” a scheme for Tyrod that maximizes his strengths they will be competitive and possibly be a 6-8 win team in their first year together. Remember, we tried to make Tyrod something he isn’t ( a pocket timing throwing QB). Cleveland if smart won’t do the whole square peg in round hole routine.

Edited by billsbackto81

Just now, billsfan11 said:

The Browns upgraded big time at the QB position. TT is way better than Kizer.

Where I am surprised is how much they gave up. I didn’t think the Bills would get a 3rd rounder, nevertheless the 1st pick of the 3rd round 

I wonder if they only gave up that much because they wanted to secure him, and since they still have a ton of picks, they didn't care about reaching a bit??

It's like, a middle class family might not splurge on a BMW, because it's a big if a reach for them, and a $45,000+ car is 2-3 years salary for them, whereas somebody making $200+ a year? That vehicle is a lot less costly to that person in comparison to their resources on hand.

36 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

All the the same people that are jumping for joy were the annoying downers 2 months ago making every excuse in the book as to why the bills made the postseason. Its honestly pretty pathetic.

....all that being said if was a really good move. 1st pick of the third? Wow. Never thought he would draw that. 

it's time to let go of your anamosity and move on. it is a brand new day and the sun is shining.

;)

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Where I am surprised is how much they gave up. I didn’t think the Bills would get a 3rd rounder, nevertheless the 1st pick of the 3rd round 

I think it was just the fact that they had soooo much ammo in the draft they felt they could go a little higher than his value. I mean they made that move, Instantly found a steady qb and STILL have a ton of early picks. I think they probably knew they were giving up a bit too much. 

And honestly.... after how gordon looked last year and now having Landry I bet you think thought If they nabbed a dude like Taylor they could really start winning some games. When the draft is over he’s gonna have the most talented offense he’s ever had around him. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I would hope that an 8-year veteran with 3 years of starting experience would be better than a rookie. 

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Tyrod loves the short pass, Landry loves the short route, so it seems like a ton of 0-3 yard passes are in the cards.

That would mean Tyrod has to, you know, actually throw the ball for it to happen though, which is always a big question mark ?

Also, Gordon won't last half the season before he's suspended again.

Plus, even if he can last, who's to say he's anywhere near as good as he was? The dude has not played in years, although he is only like 26.

Gordon played the last 5 games of last year and averaged nearly 70 yds a game with kizer behind center. He’s gonna be just fine. 

1 hour ago, Dr Doom said:

Landry excels at the 8 yard reception and Taylor excels at running around for 25 seconds looking for the 8 card completion.

I agree.

• Like (+1) 1