Raid the Rams?

thebandit27

For a team with needs at speed WR, pass rusher, and coverage 'backer, I could see Buffalo being interested in any or all of the 3 Rams that could be released:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/tavon-austin-could-be-on-the-outs-in-los-angeles/

Bonus: none of Austin, Barron, or Quinn would count as compensatory FAs

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

For a team with needs at speed WR, pass rusher, and coverage 'backer, I could see Buffalo being interested in any or all of the 3 Rams that could be released:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/tavon-austin-could-be-on-the-outs-in-los-angeles/

Id LOVE Tayvon as a scat back. 

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

47 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Roscoe Parrish reincarnated?   No thanks.

Quinn and Barron I can see.

Quinn might still be looking for big money, and considering he had something like 8 sacks last year, he'll probably get it. 

Especially when you consider how bare the EDGE cupboard is in both FA and draft this year. 

I would love to have him or Alex Okafor though. 

I would like to see Austin with this new OC using him with the jet- sweep potential(& threat) and wheel routes out of the slot.

Quinn would fill an obvious need as well...DB Ammerman (Raiders) was also released and is a potential pickup w/o compensation.

Edited by pimp on da' net

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Quinn might still be looking for big money, and considering he had something like 8 sacks last year, he'll probably get it. 

Especially when you consider how bare the EDGE cupboard is in both FA and draft this year. 

I would love to have him or Alex Okafor though. 

I don't know about that, unless you think Ansah and Lawrence will be both re-signed by their respective teams. (Lions and Cowboys)

9 minutes ago, pimp on da' net said:

I would like to see Austin with this new OC using him with the jet- sweep potential(& threat) and wheel routes out of the slot.

Quinn would feel an obvious need as well...DB Ammerman (Raiders) was also released and is a potential pickup w/o compensation.

Amerson, and I've been vocal about wanting to flip a late-round pick for him in the event that Gaines walked, so I'm a bit biased toward him.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills tried to trade up for Barron once. It’s a different regime but some of the same scouts. I would bet that he is an option. Austin and Quinn would add to this team as well. Good thoughts Bandit.

I have to admit that I had that in mind when I made this thread.

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

I don't know about that, unless you think Ansah and Lawrence will be both re-signed by their respective teams. (Lions and Cowboys)

Dallas has already said that they'd tag Lawrence sans a long-term deal.  Ansah is probably going to sign for upwards of $15M AAV, so I don't think he's in play for Buffalo.

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Austin is trash. 

Quinn would be a nice upgrade from Lawson.

Barron? Isn’t he a SS or is he a converted LB now?

Barron has been playing the "moneybacker" spot for the Rams the last 3 years.

3 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

I think Lawrence will probably go back to Dallas and Ansah probably isn't on the level of Quinn just because he's been very inconsistant throughout his career. Though I do not know how far Quinn's game has slipped, but my guess is that his history will still bring him in a substantial contract. 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Barron has been playing the "moneybacker" spot for the Rams the last 3 years.

What is that? 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Is that something that McD uses? 

Not in the exact same way as the Rams or Cardinals, but yes.

He used Thomas Davis (a former safety) in that role in Carolina, and the team drafted Shaq Thompson (a former safety and RB) back in 2015, and he plays that role as well.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He used Thomas Davis (a former safety) in that role in Carolina, and the team drafted Shaq Thompson (a former safety and RB) back in 2015, and he plays that role as well.

So Barron might be a fit? 

I know that as a rule McD prefers faster more athletic backers who go side to side well and I am sure that as Baron is a former SS he might be more that mold. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

As usual good find bandit....I’m not in on Austin, but I’d be good with both Barron and Quinn.

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So Barron might be a fit? 

I know that as a rule McD prefers faster more athletic backers who go side to side well and I am sure that as Baron is a former SS he might be more that mold. 

He checks multiple boxes for what McDermott likes: he can cover, he can range sideline to sideline, and he's versatile.

He'd be a good get IMO

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He checks multiple boxes for what McDermott likes: he can cover, he can range sideline to sideline, and he's versatile.

He'd be a good get IMO

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/28/los-angeles-rams-mark-barron-is-a-top-three-run-stopping-linebacker-in-the-nfl-right-now/

Edited by ndirish1978

18 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

This is why I like Oren Burks as a sneaky pick for us.