DeShone Kizer in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I've been thinking a lot about Kizer but didn't want to say too much because I didn't want to get flamed.  But honestly I think he interests me than most guys projected to be available at 21 (I'd probably put Lamar Jackson above him, but definitely the Rosen / Darnold / Mayfield / Allen guys).  If the Browns are sold in their QB at 1 or 4 and we could do a clean swap of Tyrod for Kizer, I'd do it.

I thought the same thing, didn't want to get "flamed".   Would he be worth looking at for a backup?

I also wonder about Kessler.

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's probably here for a girlfriend reason. My husband claims that is why most men move to Buffalo. <_<

Ah yeah if your standards are so low you’d sleep with any yoga pant wearing beached whale. 

There is only one type of person who voluntarily moves to Buffalo,           .

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

Ah yeah if your standards are so low you’d sleep with any yoga pant wearing beached whale. 

Aren't you supposed to be off setting up your Three Bills Drive message board?

With comments like these to set the tone, Message Board Nirvana will surely follow.

26 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Aren't you supposed to be off setting up your Three Bills Drive message board?

With comments like these to set the tone, Message Board Nirvana will surely follow.

Its funny cause it’s True.

Are you bring sarcastic or just rude? I can’t tell. 

11 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

I love how people here act like him being here has anything to do with a trade.

Do people forget that it is against the CBA for the Bills to even communicate with Kizer?

Yeah, but as Cousins/Denver have shown, they easily get around that because it’s OK for an agent to talk to a team

14 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Probably just a high level business meeting. 

I heard Dunkirk Don was in attendance along with his agent, a few lawyers, his press girl, and a few other handlers. 

Possibly related to the new stadium.

9 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I heard Dunkirk Don was in attendance along with his agent, a few lawyers, his press girl, and a few other handlers. 

East of town. Connect the dots. 

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s raw. Brian Kelly also to blame.

Actually Brian Kelly said he should have waited another year before declaring and Kizer himself said that Kelly was right, he should have stayed for another year just before the draft or combine, I can't remember exactly.

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

5 hours ago, Augie said:

East of town. Connect the dots. 

all a diversionary tactic while DD and Pegula were closing on several deals in and around the cobblestone district

I saw on the internet DD is a millionaire ....many times over

presser at walleye willies

follow the money

15 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I would not be shocked to see one of Allen / Jackson still on the board.

If we traded Tyrod and/or a LATE pick for Kizer and one of Allen or Jackson are still on the board at 21, I would not mind an open competition between the rookie / Kizer / Peterman in camp.

That would leave no one with any experience (meaningful) to win such a competition.  You have to have a vet in there, I think.  Otherwise, what are they going to judge them on in an offseason competition? 

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

He's being rude. He's a lame.

I see.  Well that's all clear now.

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Damn, I forgot that asterisk:  "Anyone but Tyrod"*

*except, of course, any current Browns QB.

Actually, I'm interested in Cody Kessler*. He may have been ruined by now, of course.

*not as a potential starter

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

5 hours ago, sfladave said:

Actually Brian Kelly said he should have waited another year before declaring and Kizer himself said that Kelly was right, he should have stayed for another year just before the draft or combine, I can't remember exactly.

Brian Kelly said he should stay another year before he declared. After he declared, he said he was the best QB in the draft. 

But when I say he’s partly to blame, I’m referring to his failed attempt to run a 2-QB system in 2016 with Malik Zaire. Sure he maybe thought that gave them the best chance to win, I don’t follow Nd close enough. If that’s the case then that’s his job. But it didn’t do Kizer any favors in his development toward being NFL ready - which again I recognize is not Brian Kelly’s job. That doesn’t change the circumstance though of the impact it had on Kizer and most certainly influenced his decision not to return.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brian Kelly said he should stay another year before he declared. After he declared, he said he was the best QB in the draft. 

But when I say he’s partly to blame, I’m referring to his failed attempt to run a 2-QB system in 2016 with Malik Zaire. Sure he maybe thought that gave them the best chance to win, I don’t follow Nd close enough. If that’s the case then that’s his job. But it didn’t do Kizer any favors in his development toward being NFL ready - which again I recognize is not Brian Kelly’s job. That doesn’t change the circumstance though of the impact it had on Kizer and most certainly influenced his decision not to return.

Zaire was the team leader and Kizer left much to be desired in that aspect. It was clear in spring ball that Kizer was a better QB but Zaire had team support. You're right though, they should have just stuck with Kizer. 

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Zaire was the team leader and Kizer left much to be desired in that aspect. It was clear in spring ball that Kizer was a better QB but Zaire had team support. You're right though, they should have just stuck with Kizer. 

I do remember that leadership narrative with Zaire/Kizer. 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

That would leave no one with any experience (meaningful) to win such a competition.  You have to have a vet in there, I think.  Otherwise, what are they going to judge them on in an offseason competition? 

Doesn't matter, Peterman wins the competition before it even begins. He doesn't need experience or veteran guidance. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm not down on Kizer as much as others here. 

He should have never had to start a single game this past season, but he did, for a terrible team, took a beating and still kept chugging along.  

He still has his entire career in front of him.  A QB's rookie season, starting for the Browns shouldnt define him.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Doesn't matter, Peterman wins the competition before it even begins. He doesn't need experience or veteran guidance. 

he can certainly spot the opposing DB's with no outside guidance....

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm not down on Kizer as much as others here. 

Couch

McKown

Frye

Quinn

Weedon

Manziel

A QB's rookie season, starting for the Browns shouldnt define him.

Sure thing pal....

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

he can certainly spot the opposing DB's with no outside guidance....

Sure thing pal....

I'm not your pal, friend.

As if there aren't a slew of variables that contributed to the previous QBs failures, having nothing to do with the QBs themselves.  It's Cleveland, ffs.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm not your pal, friend.

As if there aren't a slew of variables that contributed to the previous QBs failures, having nothing to do with the QBs themselves.  It's Cleveland, ffs.

They were all bad drafts, throughout 2 decades. 

So you would actually have said the same thing for all of the other QBs I listed after their rookie seasons with the Browns?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

They were all bad drafts, throughout 2 decades. 

So you would actually have said the same thing for all of the other QBs I listed after their rookie seasons with the Browns?

I see potential with Kizer.  Like most QBs, he needs a better team around him.  He may indeed suck, but I can't make that decision, given his current supporting cast.