Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It makes the most logical sense unless you think McDermott is a knee jerk guy.  

I view him as calculated.

LOL calling me omniscient....coming from a guy who said McDermott is “darn happy with 7 points if the other team has less”.

I guess you believe he’s as happy beating a team 7-3 more than 27-13.  He didn’t mean it when he said scoring points is a legitimate concern.

All of everything I say is just my opinion about what happened in the past.  I don't feel like I present them as "absolutes," but if you take them as me trying to say they're "absolutes," don't.

You're speaking in absolutes.

As far as McDermott not being a "knee-jerk guy," I agree, but it makes sense if this report (there were a few of these out there like this, but this was just the first I came to) is true:

I view it as McDermott looking at Dennison as being the offensive mind, giving him the benefit of the doubt considering he was the offensive mind, making the change on Dennison's behalf, and then hastily putting Tyrod back in after 30 minutes of football and going back to the "Tyrod is our starter" mantra.

In the end, everyone can go against their nature or beliefs if convinced persuasively enough.  McDermott did, realized in an "OH CRAP!!!!!" moment that he shouldn't have, and has gone back to the calculated guy he was before that uncharacteristic move. Hence, the "Taylor is our starter" mantra again.

All of the above is merely an educated guess.

51 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Stop being childish 

Childish?  No. 

Sarcastic?  Yes.

Sorry, I'm a sarcastic guy... can't change what I am  :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

People can hate whatever they want, As long as Cousins head and shoulders don’t don any Bills swag... he’s about to Brock Osweiler some poor unsuspecting franchise...

Sounds like your pretty lost on Kirk Cousins.   

With a rb like McCoy and a repeat performance like last years from the defense we are an 11-5 team.  

Hes exactly what we want. Or we will try to trade up in the draft to get a guy that hopefully can come close to Cousins numbers 

Edited by Teddy KGB

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sounds like your pretty lost on Kirk Cousins.   

With a rb like McCoy and a repeat performance like last years from the defense we are an 11-5 team.  

Hes exactly what we want. Or we will try to trade up in the draft to get a guy that hopefully can come close to Cousins numbers 

Lost? The only thing losing here is Kirk Cousins record as a starter. That might be exactly what YOU want, you know because of all the yards n stuff... ‘we’ have no interest. And the supposition he equals 2 more wins is bullocks. 

Let him set some other franchise back 3 years. 

The cresendo of thise who understand what this guy really is keeps getting louder and louder 

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

All of everything I say is just my opinion about what happened in the past.  I don't feel like I present them as "absolutes," but if you take them as me trying to say they're "absolutes," don't.

You're speaking in absolutes.

As far as McDermott not being a "knee-jerk guy," I agree, but it makes sense if this report (there were a few of these out there like this, but this was just the first I came to) is true:

I view it as McDermott looking at Dennison as being the offensive mind, giving him the benefit of the doubt considering he was the offensive mind, making the change on Dennison's behalf, and then hastily putting Tyrod back in after 30 minutes of football and going back to the "Tyrod is our starter" mantra.

In the end, everyone can go against their nature or beliefs if convinced persuasively enough.  McDermott did, realized in an "OH CRAP!!!!!" moment that he shouldn't have, and has gone back to the calculated guy he was before that uncharacteristic move. Hence, the "Taylor is our starter" mantra again.

All of the above is merely an educated guess.

Childish?  No. 

Sarcastic?  Yes.

Sorry, I'm a sarcastic guy... can't change what I am  :thumbsup: 

I’m sorry...I don’t believe that story.

So let’s break it down.

Dennison gives an ultimatum that if he doesn’t bench Tyrod, he leaves.  Basically strong arms McDermott and McDermott caves.

So in the very next game, the QB that Dennison “forced” McDermott to play, craps the bed.  Taylor goes back in.  

Nothing happens to Dennison after that?  The ultimatum blows up in his face and McDermott does nothing?  If you believe this story, you would have to believe McDermott is a pushover.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Lost? The only thing losing here is Kirk Cousins record as a starter. That might be exactly what YOU want, you know because of all the yards n stuff... ‘we’ have no interest. And the supposition he equals 2 more wins is bullocks. 

The crescendo of thise who understand what this guy really is keeps getting louder and louder 

...the crescendo here was that he was a VICTIM of a lousy supporting cast.......and with the TBD "pundits" ripping up and spitting out OUR supporting cast ala WR's, TE's, RB's (Shady excluded) and OL, he would be in a FAR superior environment to excel....figure THAT one out......

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So let’s break it down.

Dennison gives an ultimatum that if he doesn’t bench Tyrod, he leaves.  Basically strong arms McDermott and McDermott caves.

So in the very next game, the QB that Dennison “forced” McDermott to play, craps the bed.  Taylor goes back in.  

Nothing happens to Dennison after that?  The ultimatum blows up in his face and McDermott does nothing?  If you believe this story, you would have to believe McDermott is a pushover.

But but the internet never lies.   

It lost all credibility at black QB

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The cresendo of thise who understand what this guy really is keeps getting louder and louder 

Guy averages 31 td’s a year for the last 3 Years 

Guy averages 4,500 yards a year as well. 

Sounds pretty kooky saying he’s not what we want.  

Crescendo ???

Edited by Teddy KGB

i didn't see it on the first page of this thread and i simply do not have the time to wallow through 27 pages to look for it. can someone help a brother out here and tell me what Washington gave up to get Smith?

TYIA

:)

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i didn't see it on the first page of this thread and i simply do not have the time to wallow through 27 pages to look for it. can someone help a brother out here and tell me what Washington gave up to get Smith?

TYIA

:)

Kendall Fuller CB AND 3rd rounder 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

AFAIK Briscoe didn't play QB for the Bills and Harris didn't really get a full chance. 

...he was a then QB who was converted if you want to split hairs..............

Before the 1969 season started, Briscoe still determined to play quarterback, discovered that head coach Saban intended to use Pete Liske as the starter, so he asked to be released.[2]He went to the AFL's Buffalo Bills where he was turned into a receiver, since the Bills already had superstar Jack Kemp, former Pro Bowler Tom Flores, and James Harris, another black quarterback with a more prototypical 6-foot-4 and 210-pound frame. Briscoe never played quarterback again, but he enjoyed a splendid career. He led Buffalo in touchdown catches in each of his three seasons there and in receptions twice. In 1970 he was in the top two in receptions and receiving yards and became an All-Pro.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he was a then QB who was converted if you want to split hairs..............

Before the 1969 season started, Briscoe still determined to play quarterback, discovered that head coach Saban intended to use Pete Liske as the starter, so he asked to be released.[2]He went to the AFL's Buffalo Bills where he was turned into a receiver, since the Bills already had superstar Jack Kemp, former Pro Bowler Tom Flores, and James Harris, another black quarterback with a more prototypical 6-foot-4 and 210-pound frame. Briscoe never played quarterback again, but he enjoyed a splendid career. He led Buffalo in touchdown catches in each of his three seasons there and in receptions twice. In 1970 he was in the top two in receptions and receiving yards and became an All-Pro.

For Denver yes. 

41 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I dunno.

I like how it say 'we' have no interest.

There's plenty here who would like Kirk.

Just like there are plenty who wouldn't.

By 'we' are you implying that you are on the Bills staff?

What is there to really understand about cousins?

He's an above average QB who can absolutely win you games.

He's a "ride or die" guy who's got the gunslinger mentality and isn't afraid to throw the football.

He reminds me a lot of Favre, Stafford, guys like that in that respect.

Is he a top5 QB in the NFL? 

Nope.

He is usually somewhere between 8-12 on most rankings that I've seen.

That's a fair place to put him.

He's far better than Taylor, and would be far and away the best QB since Kelly on this team.

If you don't think that the 2017 Bills would have gone 11-5 with cousins instead of tyrod then I'm not sure how much football you've watched in your "over 29 years" of being a fan, but it obviously didn't include much of Kirk or the 2017 bills

21 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Couldn't read through all the posts so excuse me if this point has been made.

So people on the Cousins train want Beane to sign a player who's team just traded assets for his replacement. A replacement whose previous team traded up in the draft last year to our pick to get his replacement.

It's pretty well known that cousins didn't want to return to Washington, after their pathetically low-ball offer after last season, then the ownership trying to bash him in the media, including the owner calling him by the wrong first name twice publicly.

The trade for Smith was desperation to save face and hope the fans didn't Lynch Snyder for leaving them with no QB

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I dunno.

I like how it say 'we' have no interest.

There's plenty here who would like Kirk.

Just like there are plenty who wouldn't.

By 'we' are you implying that you are on the Bills staff?

What is there to really understand about cousins?

He's an above average QB who can absolutely win you games.

He's a "ride or die" guy who's got the gunslinger mentality and isn't afraid to throw the football.

He reminds me a lot of Favre, Stafford, guys like that in that respect.

Is he a top5 QB in the NFL? 

Nope.

He is usually somewhere between 8-12 on most rankings that I've seen.

That's a fair place to put him.

He's far better than Taylor, and would be far and away the best QB since Kelly on this team.

If you don't think that the 2017 Bills would have gone 11-5 with cousins instead of tyrod then I'm not sure how much football you've watched in your "over 29 years" of being a fan, but it obviously didn't include much of Kirk or the 2017 bills

?

if he keep on his torrid pace of game winning drives he may catch John Kitna. 

I just read that Alex Smith has made $106 million BEFORE this deal. This will be his fourth long term deal, including the killing he made as the number one overall before the slotting cut the contracts way down. 

The $177 million dollar man. 

There can't be that many who have made more. 

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I just read that Alex Smith has made $106 million BEFORE this deal. This will be his fourth long term deal, including the killing he made as the number one overall before the slotting cut the contracts way down. 

The $177 million dollar man. 

There can't be that many who have made more. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/highest-paid-nfl-players-2017-2/#2-eli-manning-qb-2193-million-24

There is a list as of the end of this past season :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

IN SUMMATION

The Alex Smith trade to Washington for a third-round pick and Kendall Fuller addressed several offseason questions (albeit more quickly than many of us anticipated). After paying Kirk Cousins $19.95 and $23.94 million the last two seasons as a stop-gap measure, Washington now has committed to a long-term answer in Smith. In jettisoning Smith, the Chiefs have answered the question as to whether they are committed to using resources rebuilding a defense that was once one of the league’s better units and, in so doing, have expressed their confidence in young Patrick Mahomes as their quarterback of the future. The data suggests the Chiefs got the better end of this deal, but it will be interesting to see how this opinion evolves once the results start coming in.

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Let me ask our Chiefs visitor - is there an acceptance with the fanbase that while Mahomes is huge upside there is a risk you end up with worse QB play in 2018 and a 7-9 type record? Is the position that "okay that could happen but look we think Mahomes could end up being a regular Superbowl QB and if we have to suffer a non playoff year in 2018 while he learns how to face NFL defenses week in week out then it is worth the cost?"

Or do you all presume he will immediately outplay Alex Smith in 2018?

The fanbase here is probalby about 70/30 in favor of Mahomes.  There are some skeptics who do not think we will be competative in 2018, but that is the minority.  Most, myself included, believe that Mahomes is ready, he has some weapons to utilize and the team now has a little flexibility having begun to remedy the cap issue we had and adding Fuller.  Even those of us who are optimisitc that we can win now, realize that first time starting QB in the NFL often struggle as opposed to winning right out of the gate.  Manning was awful his first 16 games, Elway was awful his first 16 games...Dan Marino is the exception, not the rule.  We get that.  It is PROBABLE that 2018 will be disappointing in the short term.  I have no numbers to point to that I could back this up with, but having watched the parage of mediocre OK QB's come through here (KC) since 1986 (when I was old enough to pay attention) I can tell you that Mahomes is going to be special.  He isn't Jay Cutler, he isn't Kyle Boller.  I wish I could throw up some stats or something to make my point, but all I can say is that I can SEE it.  But to answer the question....50/50, the fanbase will tolerate one year of being less than competive if it means Mahomes becomes that 15 year guy who has us as a legitamate threat every season to win the SB.  We have been begging for this for so long...that's why the trade up last year was so exciting to us....many of us finally think the Chiefs are TRYING to win the super bowl instead of trying to win 10 games and keep the seats and 80 dollar per car parking lot full.  So yes, in that case it would be well worth the cost.  Wouldn't you trade a bad year in exchange for 15 seasons of knowing you'll always have a chance becasue you start each season with a legit QB?

Also....I've seen some posts saying KC has a decent/good O'line.  ....eh...not really.  Our LG position has been a revolving door of nobodies.  RT is solid.  LT Eric Fisher, the 1/1 of the 2013 Draft (a bad draft year overall) finally....FINALY had a season where I would grade him as ADEQUATE.  ....and he's under contract for 4 more years..hope he takes another step....anyhow, the line is smallish and finesse.  They are ok at pass blocking and decent at pulling and trapping...but AWFUL trying to get a push in short yardage. 

Lastly, saw some other posts here about cleveland offering a 2 and some people thinking that it was a better offer than what we got...NO...not even close.  Getting a CB, who would be a 1st round pick if drafted this year, under contract for less than 1 million per for 2 seasons is BETTER THAN a 1st round pick.  You already know he won't bust, you already have him signed to a cheap contract. and you already have seen him succeed and be ascending in the NFL.  That is WAY better than an unknown quantity in round 1 that will cost more.  

...and one final note...If Denver gets cousins....that will be two teams...Washington at 13 and Denver at 5, basically looking at this QB class and saying...No thanks.  If Cleveland was deep in trying to get Smith, that means they see NONE of these QB's as a day one starter....that's fine, but just more proof this class is a crap shoot with a bunch of guys who each have some sort of flaw.

17 hours ago, Estro said:

I look forward to that if true.  Last year he seemed to be very accurate.  Do you know him outside of this forum?

You won’t find it or him here. He was banned for nothing, out of the blue one day. A perceived power struggle which was someone’s imagination, it didn’t even exist. He thought he was being antagonized. 

I do know Leroi very well. Him and I are good friends actually, since High School. He still works with the Bills and offers all of his great information to us. 

We love listening to his stories and hearing breaking news days before the media. 

He doesn’t understand why SDS is ignoring his messages, ego I guess. 

Im sure Leroi will surface again one day, at a different board perhaps. 

Until then, His inside info is on hold, publicly, of course...

Its fun though, watching you guys throw **** on a wall, and hoping something sticks. 

Edited by Schmuggs

42 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

The fanbase here is probalby about 70/30 in favor of Mahomes.  There are some skeptics who do not think we will be competative in 2018, but that is the minority.  Most, myself included, believe that Mahomes is ready, he has some weapons to utilize and the team now has a little flexibility having begun to remedy the cap issue we had and adding Fuller.  Even those of us who are optimisitc that we can win now, realize that first time starting QB in the NFL often struggle as opposed to winning right out of the gate.  Manning was awful his first 16 games, Elway was awful his first 16 games...Dan Marino is the exception, not the rule.  We get that.  It is PROBABLE that 2018 will be disappointing in the short term.  I have no numbers to point to that I could back this up with, but having watched the parage of mediocre OK QB's come through here (KC) since 1986 (when I was old enough to pay attention) I can tell you that Mahomes is going to be special.  He isn't Jay Cutler, he isn't Kyle Boller.  I wish I could throw up some stats or something to make my point, but all I can say is that I can SEE it.  But to answer the question....50/50, the fanbase will tolerate one year of being less than competive if it means Mahomes becomes that 15 year guy who has us as a legitamate threat every season to win the SB.  We have been begging for this for so long...that's why the trade up last year was so exciting to us....many of us finally think the Chiefs are TRYING to win the super bowl instead of trying to win 10 games and keep the seats and 80 dollar per car parking lot full.  So yes, in that case it would be well worth the cost.  Wouldn't you trade a bad year in exchange for 15 seasons of knowing you'll always have a chance becasue you start each season with a legit QB?

Also....I've seen some posts saying KC has a decent/good O'line.  ....eh...not really.  Our LG position has been a revolving door of nobodies.  RT is solid.  LT Eric Fisher, the 1/1 of the 2013 Draft (a bad draft year overall) finally....FINALY had a season where I would grade him as ADEQUATE.  ....and he's under contract for 4 more years..hope he takes another step....anyhow, the line is smallish and finesse.  They are ok at pass blocking and decent at pulling and trapping...but AWFUL trying to get a push in short yardage. 

Lastly, saw some other posts here about cleveland offering a 2 and some people thinking that it was a better offer than what we got...NO...not even close.  Getting a CB, who would be a 1st round pick if drafted this year, under contract for less than 1 million per for 2 seasons is BETTER THAN a 1st round pick.  You already know he won't bust, you already have him signed to a cheap contract. and you already have seen him succeed and be ascending in the NFL.  That is WAY better than an unknown quantity in round 1 that will cost more.  

...and one final note...If Denver gets cousins....that will be two teams...Washington at 13 and Denver at 5, basically looking at this QB class and saying...No thanks.  If Cleveland was deep in trying to get Smith, that means they see NONE of these QB's as a day one starter....that's fine, but just more proof this class is a crap shoot with a bunch of guys who each have some sort of flaw.

I agree with you that getting Fuller was the better trade by far.  Washington was dumb.

As for two teams saying no thanks to the QB's/seeing no day 1 starters, if Mahomes were in this draft, he also wouldn't be considered a day 1 starter and those 2 teams would still be making those trades, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here. 

And do you think that Mahomes starting buys Reid another year if the Chefs don't make the playoffs (and they likely won't)?

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Thanks for that. Interesting. And as i thought. Not many. Only both Mannings, Brady, Brees and Rivers have made more. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree with you that getting Fuller was the better trade by far.  Washington was dumb.

As for two teams saying no thanks to the QB's/seeing no day 1 starters, if Mahomes were in this draft, he also wouldn't be considered a day 1 starter and those 2 teams would still be making those trades, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here. 

And do you think that Mahomes starting buys Reid another year if the Chefs don't make the playoffs (and they likely won't)?

Your point about the QB's and Mahomes is a valid one I hadn't fully considered before.  I suppose I should have said that Cleveland doesn't see any of them as day 1 starters, and that Washington didn't see any of them, or at least any they could expect to get at 13 or trade up for, to be the long term answer.  With Denver in hot pursuit now of Cousins, they are bowing out at 5....I suppose other than Trubisky, who did start day 1, you could say the same for Mahomes, Watson etc...I'm making more of it I guess than there is.  

Ried will absolutely get another year...he's under contract for something like 5 more years.  There will be a good number of pissed off fans if we miss the playoffs...Alex wasn't universally hated here....very large number who would rather KNOW you can go 10-6 again instead of trying to develope the QB.  

13 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills do not want Cousins or Smith. Why do you think they are at the senior bowl scouting out QB's? DAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

The Bills are at the Senior bowl scouting out QB because:

1) if they do want Cousins, he is a FA and there is no guarantee he will want them, at a price they are able and willing to pay

2) well-managed teams who have good qb, still draft developmental guys.  Vet plus rookie is a good formula, you just vary the quality according to what you have

3) they are at the Senior Bowl generally scouting position players, so why not?

DAAAAAAAAHHHHH!  (Did I spell that right?)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I to would rather have Fuller and a 3rd than a high 2nd. Fuller is like a end of the 1st round pick that is a guarantee hit. The Chiefs need a starting #2 and slot CB badly. Hope he can fill the #2 but will be happy with the 2nd highest graded slot CB in the NFL at 22 years old. 

No you are right, Mahomes wouldn't be considered a day one starter but I like him better than every QB in this class. All of them have warts, even Rosen, who is probably the only day one starter in the draft. 

The Chiefs weren't likely in the playoffs this year with Smith starting. Their schedule is very difficult and they have significant issues on defense that they need to address. This trade makes the road a little easier to the playoffs because they improved on a huge need, cleared 15.6 mil (counting Fuller's added contract) in cap space to sign more help. Alex Smith isn't that hard to replace in this offense. Reid has proven he can plug below average QB's into his system and get Alex Smith type production. Plus, Reid just signed a huge 5 year extension. Clark Hunt isn't going to eat that money. 

17 hours ago, Virgil said:

Of the teams needing a QB, only the Jets have more cap space.  And that’s before we release TT.  However, we probably have the most URFA too. 

If we can defer any of the Cousins money to next year, we’d be in great shape. 

I don't think you understand the severity of what Washington did here, I'm thinking most of Cousins deal will be guaranteed so the cap hit endured to a team won't be near as bad but will need an owner with deep pockets. That is definitely The Pegula's so you might be right, I just see the Broncos , with Elway at the fore front being a good situation for any top QB free agent.

Thanks for answering zero. 

I certainly don't think it is a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs struggle and Mahomes has a few growing pains in 2018 but I do think that is the most likely outcome. And I think any team would trade that if they had some certainty he was going to be the guy for 15 years. 

If Mahomes ends up that guy or Watson ends up that guy that is winning Superbowls consistently then Tre White could be Deion Sanders and Darrelle Revis rolled into 1 and it would still be an awful trade back. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So let’s break it down.

It's the greatly exaggerated fan-fic cousin of what happened. Reality was more like McD called Dennison into his office

McD: Why aren't we scoring more?

Dennison: Tyrod's not throwing where I want him to. Peterman would though.

McD: Fine, but it'd better lead to points.

2 Quarters & 5 INTs later...

33 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It's the greatly exaggerated fan-fic cousin of what happened. Reality was more like McD called Dennison into his office

McD: Why aren't we scoring more?

Dennison: Tyrod's not throwing where I want him to. Peterman would though.

McD: Fine, but it'd better lead to points.

2 Quarters & 5 INTs later...

Yeah that's believable.  Strong arming McDermott to me is not.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah that's believable.  Strong arming McDermott to me is not.

I don’t think he would have had to strong arm him much. McD was probably desperate for a spark on offense too. It was a big risk and took a lot of balls. It didn’t work out that day but we don’t know if they would have won that game regardless. The fact they were able to collectively pick themselves up from that debacle, recover and go on the road to beat KC the next week was impressive to me. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he would have had to strong arm him much. McD was probably desperate for a spark on offense too. It was a big risk and took a lot of balls. It didn’t work out that day but we don’t know if they would have won game regardless. The fact they were able to collectively pick themselves up from that debacle, recover and go on the road to beat KC the next week was impressive to me. 

When I was referencing "strong arm", it was of the supposed ultimatum.  "I'll leave if you don't bench Taylor" I think is greatly exaggerated like Hokie said.

I agree with Sal C when he was talking about it.  He believed that McDermott had been thinking about it for a few weeks prior and not just after the Saints game.

I don't think we win or come close to winning the Chargers game if Taylor was in.  That 3 week stretch, our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.  We don't give up 50+ but the way the LA was moving the ball throughout the whole game, easily 30+.  We weren't going to keep up.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I was referencing "strong arm", it was of the supposed ultimatum.  "I'll leave if you don't bench Taylor" I think is greatly exaggerated like Hokie said.

I agree with Sal C when he was talking about it.  He believed that McDermott had been thinking about it for a few weeks prior and not just after the Saints game.

I don't think we win or come close to winning the Chargers game if Taylor was in.  That 3 week stretch, our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.  We don't give up 50+ but the way the LA was moving the ball throughout the whole game, easily 30+.  We weren't going to keep up.

Yeah  LAC’s offense was rolling, it’s not like they went to play some crap offense and lost because the QB threw 5 picks. Buffalo’s offense, regardless of the QB, would not have outscored Rivers and co. that day. They didn’t show that ability all year. And chargers D was pretty good too. The margin of victory may have been slighter due to fewer turnovers  but that’s about it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah  LAC’s offense was rolling, it’s not like they went to play some crap offense and lost because the QB threw 5 picks. Buffalo’s offense, regardless of the QB, would not have outscored Rivers and co. that day. They didn’t show that ability all year. And chargers D was pretty good too. The margin of victory may have been slighter due to fewer turnovers  but that’s about it. 

I think Keenan Allen had something like 8 catches for 110 yards with a TD in the 1st half.  We were taking to the woodshed....

I'd explore with Washington the possibility of asking them to ask if the Bills traded for you would you sign with them.If so give Washington one of our first's to guarantee we get Cousins...If Cousins says no then at least you did your due dilligance and can come up with a different plan like draft or a trade for another player............Go Bills!!!