James Washington = Lee Evans Reincarnate

H2o

I'll be keeping an eye on the young man's combine numbers, but everything else is almost exact. Both 6', both 210lbs, and both burners. I highly doubt we take a WR in the 1st and I highly doubt he lasts until our 2nd Round pick. He would fit the bill of that home run hitting deep threat though. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni next year. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

I have like James Washington for a while. burner. I dont see that. I really dont see Lee Evans at all. He is built like a Sherman Tank and runs more that the 9 route. Seems to have violent hands and will go up and get it. I see him competing with any cb and i doubthe is afraid to go over the middle.

I will be shocked if the 2 are the same size come combine measurements as well

Edited by Agent 91
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

I have like James Washington for a while. burner. I dont see that. I really dont see Lee Evans at all. He is built like a Sherman Tank and runs more that the 9 route. Seems to have violent hands and will go up and get it. I see him competing with any cb and i doubthe is afraid to go over the middle.

So he's more like James Hardy.....

1 hour ago, re enlightener said:

you seem like maybe, an idiot.  lee ran more than 9 routes but maybe youre too stupid to know trent Edwards was his qb, also loserman.  like you, a loser.  lee was all class and an excellent wr.   not like you, a moronic poster.

Dude, I like a lot of your takes, including ones you get a lot of flack for, but posting responses like this is just unnecessary. It doesn't make your argument more persuasive, it just makes people think you're a dick.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lee Evans is who you compare him too?  Strange comparison.  I don’t see it.  Washington is much tougher than Lee ever was.  I’d compare him more to Hines Ward with a little bit more speed.  Tough is the word I’d use to describe washington.  Evans was a streaker

• Like (+1) 3

I don't see a 1st round player.  His measurables at under 5'11 concern me too, as does the fact that there was some very sloppy looking route running from him in the Senior Bowl on Saturday.  The route tree at Ok St. is not the most complex and he will have to develop significantly in that respect in the NFL..... Saturday when asked to run routes he wasn't used to he looked just off the TV replays to not be where he should be.  2nd round grade for me.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see a 1st round player.  His measurables at under 5'11 concern me too, as does the fact that there was some very sloppy looking route running from him in the Senior Bowl on Saturday.  The route tree at Ok St. is not the most complex and he will have to develop significantly in that respect in the NFL..... Saturday when asked to run routes he wasn't used to he looked just off the TV replays to not be where he should be.  2nd round grade for me.  

Yeah, I know he went without a catch at the Senior Bowl. By all accounts though he was sharp in practices. Here is one. 

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-risers-offense

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, I know he went without a catch at the Senior Bowl. By all accounts though he was sharp in practices. Here is one. 

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-risers-offense

Yea he was supposed to have had some nice practices it wasn't so much that he was held catchless on Saturday it was that he really didn't look great running routes from what you could see on TV.  A bit like with Mason Rudolph teams will want to question whether he is able to digest and execute an offense that is more detailed and complex than the one Oklahoma State run.  

Worth saying I am probably not that far from the analyst in that link in that he has Washington squeezing into round one - I think he could too but have him graded as a top half of round 2 player. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

I agree....he's a great receiver, but he is much thicker and while he's fast, he isn't long-speed fast....he has an agility and step that help him separate but when watching the long TDs, he certainly got NFL speed, but he's not pulling away from guys like a Lee Evans / Chris Johnson type of receiver. To me, he is the ideal slot guy...because he's a bit thicker, has the step and agility I spoke of and yet still can take it to the house, he's a great guy for over the middle / underneath routes. 

10 hours ago, H2o said:

They look awful similar to me, but I do admit I need glasses. :thumbsup:

Washington is a great receiver, but when you watch the two highlights, which in your opinion shows the similarities, I see the differences. Evans would get a ball and immediately separate through his speed, if he got a step he's gone. Washington creates the twitch and shift to get that separation and if it's too long of a run, you can see Defenders slowly gaining ground and in one of the highlights you provided, Washington almost doesn't make it to the endzone despite 20-30 yards of green in front and a Defender a couple yards behind him. If that were Evans, by the endzone no one else would be in the picture. Again, I think Washington is going to be a really good WR for someone, and it'd be nice if it were the Bills, but I don't think he's the speed-ster type like Evans. I think at best he's the possession type on the boundary, but probably best in the slot where he can use his quick step and twitch to get that separation and then allow him to make some extra yards with his footwork and size. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I agree....he's a great receiver, but he is much thicker and while he's fast, he isn't long-speed fast....he has an agility and step that help him separate but when watching the long TDs, he certainly got NFL speed, but he's not pulling away from guys like a Lee Evans / Chris Johnson type of receiver. To me, he is the ideal slot guy...because he's a bit thicker, has the step and agility I spoke of and yet still can take it to the house, he's a great guy for over the middle / underneath routes. 

Washington is a great receiver, but when you watch the two highlights, which in your opinion shows the similarities, I see the differences. Evans would get a ball and immediately separate through his speed, if he got a step he's gone. Washington creates the twitch and shift to get that separation and if it's too long of a run, you can see Defenders slowly gaining ground and in one of the highlights you provided, Washington almost doesn't make it to the endzone despite 20-30 yards of green in front and a Defender a couple yards behind him. If that were Evans, by the endzone no one else would be in the picture. Again, I think Washington is going to be a really good WR for someone, and it'd be nice if it were the Bills, but I don't think he's the speed-ster type like Evans. I think at best he's the possession type on the boundary, but probably best in the slot where he can use his quick step and twitch to get that separation and then allow him to make some extra yards with his footwork and size. 

This is a great post all accounts all around 

10 hours ago, re enlightener said:

you seem like maybe, an idiot.  lee ran more than 9 routes but maybe youre too stupid to know trent Edwards was his qb, also loserman.  like you, a loser.  lee was all class and an excellent wr.   not like you, a moronic poster.

I am sorry.  I didnt know the president of the Lee Evans fan club was on here.  Next time you click on one of my posts, try articulating more than how much of an idiot i am. You sound like a butt hurt jabrone. Maybe change your name to SaviorEvans. Because you haven't Enlightened anything with that garbage post. Do better.

8 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Dude, I like a lot of your takes, including ones you get a lot of flack for, but posting responses like this is just unnecessary. It doesn't make your argument more persuasive, it just makes people think you're a dick.

I actually liked a lot of his posts too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

I agree with this.  He looks like he has the build of a RB.  If you watch him play he doesn't look like Lee Evans to me.  He is much more physical.  I would love to grab him & Rudolph with our first 2 picks. 

8 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I agree with this.  He looks like he has the build of a RB.  If you watch him play he doesn't look like Lee Evans to me.  He is much more physical.  I would love to grab him & Rudolph with our first 2 picks. 

That would be ideal right. i wanted this but with Daboll Rudolph kind off scares me

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he was supposed to have had some nice practices it wasn't so much that he was held catchless on Saturday it was that he really didn't look great running routes from what you could see on TV.  A bit like with Mason Rudolph teams will want to question whether he is able to digest and execute an offense that is more detailed and complex than the one Oklahoma State run.  

Worth saying I am probably not that far from the analyst in that link in that he has Washington squeezing into round one - I think he could too but have him graded as a top half of round 2 player. 

Id hate taking him in the 2nd round. If you go WR there I want a guy as talented and polished as a Sterling Shepard was. WR position needs some love. 

52 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Id hate taking him in the 2nd round. If you go WR there I want a guy as talented and polished as a Sterling Shepard was. WR position needs some love. 

I think Washington is very, very talented. Just not yet "pro polished" if that is even a phrase.  

2 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

This is a great post all accounts all around 

I am sorry.  I didnt know the president of the Lee Evans fan club was on here.  Next time you click on one of my posts, try articulating more than how much of an idiot i am. You sound like a butt hurt jabrone. Maybe change your name to SaviorEvans. Because you haven't Enlightened anything with that garbage post. Do better.

I actually liked a lot of his posts too

Easy big man!! Easy!! I'll say DJ Chark is more like Lee Evans than James Washington. Like the poster above, get me "Land" Chark!! (My new moniker for DJ)

13 hours ago, DallasMac said:

I was I big Lee Evans fan.  Wouldve loved to see him play with a competent Qb.  Felt so bad for him when he dropped that game winner against the Pats.  

He didn't drop it - Leigh Bodden made a great play and knocked it out of his hands. That said, Boldin would have held onto it.  

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He didn't drop it - Leigh Bodden made a great play and knocked it out of his hands. That said, Boldin would have held onto it.  

As you post a video that says Lee Evans dropped pass.  Lee had it in his hands and it got knocked out.  It was a good defensive play but to me that's still a drop.  Guess it's a matter of opinion.

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What routes did you see the most problem with? I felt like he ran them with strength. of course there needs to be some polish but the clay we could mold if he had a full route tree. Gunner if he doesnt go in the first i would be floored

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Saw a feature on guys that choked in big moments in championship games last weekend and one of the guys they featured was Evans.

He keeps a large framed photo of that ball dropping out of his arms in his home.

It was well defensed but IMO exemplary of Evans never reaching his potential.

If he'd spent his career with a contender like Baltimore maybe he makes that catch but I think players that play their entire career in small moments  sometimes don't know how to raise it when they hit a truly big moment.

He was a very talented guy and a very good Bill and I felt bad for him not securing that catch.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Gordio said:

What a nightmare. One of the worst possible uses of 21+22. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/29/2018 at 5:38 PM, H2o said:

I'll be keeping an eye on the young man's combine numbers, but everything else is almost exact. Both 6', both 210lbs, and both burners. I highly doubt we take a WR in the 1st and I highly doubt he lasts until our 2nd Round pick. He would fit the bill of that home run hitting deep threat though. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni next year. :thumbsup:

after Sammy Watkins I don't see this organization ever taking a first-round wide receiver again.  you can get them in later rounds or in free agency.  Spend your first two picks on big young strong defensive tackles....