James Washington = Lee Evans Reincarnate

H2o

I'll be keeping an eye on the young man's combine numbers, but everything else is almost exact. Both 6', both 210lbs, and both burners. I highly doubt we take a WR in the 1st and I highly doubt he lasts until our 2nd Round pick. He would fit the bill of that home run hitting deep threat though. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni next year. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

I have like James Washington for a while. burner. I dont see that. I really dont see Lee Evans at all. He is built like a Sherman Tank and runs more that the 9 route. Seems to have violent hands and will go up and get it. I see him competing with any cb and i doubthe is afraid to go over the middle.

I will be shocked if the 2 are the same size come combine measurements as well

Edited by Agent 91
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

I have like James Washington for a while. burner. I dont see that. I really dont see Lee Evans at all. He is built like a Sherman Tank and runs more that the 9 route. Seems to have violent hands and will go up and get it. I see him competing with any cb and i doubthe is afraid to go over the middle.

I will be shocked if the 2 are the same size come combine measurements as well

So he's more like James Hardy.....

1 hour ago, re enlightener said:

you seem like maybe, an idiot.  lee ran more than 9 routes but maybe youre too stupid to know trent Edwards was his qb, also loserman.  like you, a loser.  lee was all class and an excellent wr.   not like you, a moronic poster.

Dude, I like a lot of your takes, including ones you get a lot of flack for, but posting responses like this is just unnecessary. It doesn't make your argument more persuasive, it just makes people think you're a dick.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lee Evans is who you compare him too?  Strange comparison.  I don’t see it.  Washington is much tougher than Lee ever was.  I’d compare him more to Hines Ward with a little bit more speed.  Tough is the word I’d use to describe washington.  Evans was a streaker

• Like (+1) 3

I don't see a 1st round player.  His measurables at under 5'11 concern me too, as does the fact that there was some very sloppy looking route running from him in the Senior Bowl on Saturday.  The route tree at Ok St. is not the most complex and he will have to develop significantly in that respect in the NFL..... Saturday when asked to run routes he wasn't used to he looked just off the TV replays to not be where he should be.  2nd round grade for me.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see a 1st round player.  His measurables at under 5'11 concern me too, as does the fact that there was some very sloppy looking route running from him in the Senior Bowl on Saturday.  The route tree at Ok St. is not the most complex and he will have to develop significantly in that respect in the NFL..... Saturday when asked to run routes he wasn't used to he looked just off the TV replays to not be where he should be.  2nd round grade for me.  

Yeah, I know he went without a catch at the Senior Bowl. By all accounts though he was sharp in practices. Here is one. 

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-risers-offense

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, I know he went without a catch at the Senior Bowl. By all accounts though he was sharp in practices. Here is one. 

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-risers-offense

Yea he was supposed to have had some nice practices it wasn't so much that he was held catchless on Saturday it was that he really didn't look great running routes from what you could see on TV.  A bit like with Mason Rudolph teams will want to question whether he is able to digest and execute an offense that is more detailed and complex than the one Oklahoma State run.  

Worth saying I am probably not that far from the analyst in that link in that he has Washington squeezing into round one - I think he could too but have him graded as a top half of round 2 player. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1