Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Sign Alex Smith

Draft the Vita guy and some other enormous mountain of  man type DT back to back. DT solved for 5 seasons.

I inquired about Alex Smith but no word on if Bills are interested in him or what veteran they might look at. Certainly will be a lot of decent options out there including MN's crop of former 1st round picks.

Either way if we don't get Darnold it makes sense to stick with NP given his potential and untapped upside. Still think with a great offseason and if Daboll is the right OC he's going to take off in 2018 and beyond.

• Haha (+1) 1

oh boy.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

I inquired about Alex Smith but no word on if Bills are interested in him or what veteran they might look at. Certainly will be a lot of decent options out there including MN's crop of former 1st round picks.

Either way if we don't get Darnold it makes sense to stick with NP given his potential and untapped upside. Still think with a great offseason and if Daboll is the right OC he's going to take off in 2018 and beyond.

you inquired did you, LOL!!!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 9

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

there is absolutely zero real source here.  this is dunkirk don type info, with better grammar.

No dunkirk don troll nonsense Teef, those that know me are familar with my past work in the Pac 10 (now Pac 12). And I'm still in regular contact with insiders out west which is why I know about Darnold and what teams covet him.

Also this is from the same source that broke the Brian Gaine story I posted here a while back (search the forum for proof).

Regardless, I'm confident in my sources and most or all of this information coming to fruition in the coming weeks and months.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This silliness doesn't merit any serious discussion. It's obvious that this is nowhere close to being the case.

I know you don't like me 26 - but just this morning on Joe Buscalia's podcast they speculated the only QB's that McD and Beane would target are Darnold and Rosen because they fit 'the process' and what they'd be looking for.

Either way I'm not saying this information is gospel. Just wanted wanted to stop by and share what I learned with fellow Bills fans, especially those who have been sending me PM's wonder where I've been lately. Been super busy but hopefully will post more soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Eventually they are gonna have to pull the trigger on a rookie QB and most likely it will Be via trade. Cause we all know we’re not good enough to win the super bowl and not bad enough to get the 1st overall pick. We had a chance at 2 good QB prospects last year in Watson and Mahomes and passed, now we are back to QB purgatory unless we give up our whole draft and some next year to move up. I’m starting to believe that beane might be out smarting himself thinking we can put a band aid on this problem and not take a chance on a guy unless he is drafted in the 5th round or later. That’s not gonna work! 

Trust me everyone, soak all of this glory in when you can, because when SaviorEdwards isn’t around anymore, you’ll miss him.

I’m so glad he’s back.

”Tied up in high level business meetings..”

You can’t script this stuff. It’s genius.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Lol.    I can't attach much credibility to inside info about the Bills going all in on Peterman from someone whose handle is eponymous with said Benchwarmer

The desire is to draw attention and nothing more.  It's a preposterous premise.

Sometimes people do have sources, and usually from unlikely places

I know someone who works at a local business that did a lot of business with a former bills RB who was VERY unhappy about leaving and going to another team. He loved it here, wanted to stay here and was extremely upset the team let him go. The move was also totally dumb as he has ridden the pine all season.

No link though.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

People that are involved in high level business meetings don't call them high level business meetings.

You googled business terms last time you talked about these meetings to sound legit but it only made you sound robotic.

lololol.... I was about to post something like this.

like, wouldn't "I've been busier than usual at work" suffice? it would be a good enough reason and would keep him from sounding like a complete DOUCHE.

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Lol.    I can't attach much credibility to inside info about the Bills going all in on Peterman from someone whose handle is eponymous with said Benchwarmer

Beane didn't even draft Peterman but is in love with the kid and realizes they struck gold. As was Brian Gaine (who my source likely got this info from since he went to the Texans knowing all the Bills offseason plans).

Bottom line NP showed a lot in very tough circumstances including the non INT against a Jags team that went on to win in Pittsburgh and nearly upset the Patriots. Makes NP's performance that much more impressive in hindsight.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

Beane didn't even draft Peterman but is in love with the kid and realizes they struck gold. As was Brian Gaine (who my source likely got this info from since he went to the Texans knowing all the Bills offseason plans).

Bottom line NP showed a lot in very tough circumstances including the non INT against a Jags team that went on to win in Pittsburgh and nearly upset the Patriots. Makes NP's performance that much more impressive in hindsight.

I like Peterman as a lottery ticket, but how does his performance in a handful of plays vs the Jaguars look more impressive? He fumbled the ball then threw a pick.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No dunkirk don troll nonsense Teef, those that know me are familar with my past work in the Pac 10 (now Pac 12). And I'm still in regular contact with insiders out west which is why I know about Darnold and what teams covet him.

Also this is from the same source that broke the Brian Gaine story I posted here a while back (search the forum for proof).

Regardless, I'm confident in my sources and most or all of this information coming to fruition in the coming weeks and months.

I know you don't like me 26 - but just this morning on Joe Buscalia's podcast they speculated the only QB's that McD and Beane would target are Darnold and Rosen because they fit 'the process' and what they'd be looking for.

Either way I'm not saying this information is gospel. Just wanted wanted to stop by and share what I learned with fellow Bills fans, especially those who have been sending me PM's wonder where I've been lately. Been super busy but hopefully will post more soon.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Nate Peterman will be a great offensive coordinator someday.  In the meantime he lacks the arm to throw a 12-yard out.  I think it's more likely that he's released this offseason.  Maybe the Texans will sign him if they like him that much.  His ceiling is TJ Yates so...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

I like Peterman as a lottery ticket, but how does his performance in a handful of plays vs the Jaguars look more impressive? He fumbled the ball then threw a pick.

Well he didn't throw a pick six so that was better than his first game. Baby steps.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

lolololololoollolo.....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....

so the jags going to the title game somehow makes petermans awful string of plays in the jags game "more impressive"???

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

People that are involved in high level business meetings don't call them high level business meetings.

You googled business terms last time you talked about these meetings to sound legit but it only made you sound robotic.

You are dead wrong there. The folks who bring the drinks and sandwiches at noon call them that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1