This seems like a commitment to getting more from the QB position.

Maine-iac

"You're going to take another backseat to the quarterback. I'm going to take this one," Vrabel recalled telling his wife Jen and sons, Tyler and Carter. "The vision is that we're going to do things that are going to help him. We're going to put guys around him that are going to help him. We're going to get him to play with confidence. We're going to get him to play energetic and bring the passion of football out that he's so capable of showing. There's not going to be a greater relationship that I need to foster and develop than the one with our starting quarterback."

What type  of QB commitment do we have here?

39 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

"You're going to take another backseat to the quarterback. I'm going to take this one," Vrabel recalled telling his wife Jen and sons, Tyler and Carter. "The vision is that we're going to do things that are going to help him. We're going to put guys around him that are going to help him. We're going to get him to play with confidence. We're going to get him to play energetic and bring the passion of football out that he's so capable of showing. There's not going to be a greater relationship that I need to foster and develop than the one with our starting quarterback."

We’ve had a three year commitment to a QB whose play has regressed over that time.

• Like (+1) 5

43 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Bills > one crappy player 

Vrabel’s coachspeak means Bills coaches don’t try to help the most important position ??‍♂️

cot nonsense will never stop.    

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

I think through training camp and most of the season, but Bills tried to be supportive of Tyrod, except that he did not have an all world receiving corps.  I'm not blaming the Bills, however as I think the Bills receivers were probably a little better than their production indicated.  In other words, I think Tyrod held them back more than they held Tyrod back.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

We’ve had a three year commitment to a QB whose play has regressed over that time.

But he was subjected to 2 diff OC's of whom had NO clue at all!!!  Hence the Dennison firing......NOT defending TT but defending the fact he was NOT set up to succeed.

GO BILLS!!

3 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

But he was subjected to 2 diff OC's of whom had NO clue at all!!!  Hence the Dennison firing......NOT defending TT but defending the fact he was NOT set up to succeed.

GO BILLS!!

This has been the COT argument all along. The team schemed for him for two years and when he had to make the big play with his arm, he couldn't. I really like him as a person, but he's an RB playing QB. At some point the team needs a QB playing QB and the time is now.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

GO BILLS!!

Whatever the reasons are, it just didn't work. I was a Taylor supporter, but 3 years is enough time, you can't have a 4th year of inadequate QB play, whatever the reason. I'm sure once the Bills have the QB they want, they'll give him whatever is necessary to help him succeed.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

How about we get a QB first before making any kind of commitment 

13 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Actually it sounds like a bunch of words.

A football team needs quality players around the QB, and quality play design and play calling.

But ultimately, top athletes at any sport need to bring their own motivation, passion, and energy.  If they don't bring it, it's hard to infuse.

44 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Sounds like he cheated on his wife with Tom Savage but I can't be entirely sure.

If I didn't have one of those thin, wipeable keyboards with fully enclosed keys, it'd be dead now.  And I need more coffee to drink.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

This has been the COT argument all along. The team schemed for him for two years and when he had to make the big play with his arm, he couldn't. I really like him as a person, but he's an RB playing QB. At some point the team needs a QB playing QB and the time is now.

I am in no WAY suggesting we stick with TT - NONE at all

GO BILLS!

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That seemed to be a little of what was going on with Peterman. I think Mcd really fell for Peterman and was excited to give him a shot, obviously we all know how it turned out, but you can tell from day 1...it’s not how the feel about Tyrod

unless they make a qb splash in fa.....or a rookie steals the show, i would bet the staff feels like they can get a geoff like performance from peterman after a second off season....and i'm good with that.

had this past offseason been nate's 2nd year, he would have beat out tt for the starting job.

Edited by billsredneck1

21 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Hard to commit to QB when you don't have a QB. 

BTW, Mariota is light years better than TT so it's an easy decision for Vrabel.

For the record I absolutely feel MM is a better QB then TT.......and regardless of how I feel about him as a football player McD did not give him a endorsement today from the senior bowl.......

However.....if people thought that the bills did TT any favors this year as far as targets or scheme.....they are kidding themselves.

OK...back to the regularly scheduled program of hate.