OC Rick Dennison Fired

KDIGGZ

23 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Is Bevell that good, or was he just lucky to have Russell Wilson the last 4 years or so?  The Seahawks offense has been pretty mediocre, beyond Wilson making huge plays, IMO.  Beyond Lynch, and Russell Wilson scrambling, they have never been able to run the ball very well, their O-Line has been a weakness, it took them forever to figure out how to get Jimmy Graham involved in their offense, and they have never really been able to develop great receivers.  I am not big on Bevell.

A lot of that can be traced back to having one of the worst O lines,I've ever seen. Especially after trading Unger. And that team was usually ready offensively,especially in big moments.

1 minute ago, mob16151 said:

A lot of that can be traced back to having one of the worst O lines,I've ever seen. Especially after trading Unger. And that team was usually ready offensively,especially in big moments.

Good point.  I never understood that trade especially when they didn’t use Graham much.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It has been beat to death, but that was a run pass option that Taylor chose the pass on. 

Yes but I wouldn't have trusted Tyrod with a run pass option decision.  I would have run 3 or (depending on where the ball was) 4 times.  And maybe a quick hitter or two or a QB sneak instead of a slower developing play.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

WEAKNESSES

• Does not possess adequate height and too many of his passes are knocked down at the line. Sloppy footwork prevents him from stepping into throws making him an erratic passer. Locks onto receivers and often telegraphs his throws. Struggles breaking down coverage and makes too many not enough ill-advised throws into tight windows.

Fixed ;-)

For Dennison, Don't let the door hitya where the Good Lord ****ya.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I think I might flip DeFilippo and Daboll, now that I've thought two more minutes about it. 

DeFilippo is top 3 for me.  Maybe #1 with more thought.

I like he has been OC and called plays in the NFL with moderate success.  

And, his QB development skills!

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Let's let the talk about this joker die. If it's not obvious that this guy is an attention seeker who throws a million theories against the wall hoping one of them will stick, I dunno what to tell you. SDS shut down his thread cause the guy was even lying about where he lived. It's ALL BS.

Fyi, that was not why he closed the thread. But I do like that he re-opened it to let DD know he could tell he was misrepresenting where he was.

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Fyi, that was not why he closed the thread. But I do like that he re-opened it to let DD know he could tell he was misrepresenting where he was.

Ok good to know, thanks!

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so you honestly think dennison did a good job on the year? seriously? SERIOUSLY?

You are speaking to the man who posted "insider information" that we were getting rid of McCoy last year and then vanished from the board when it turned out to be total BS. Don't be surprised by anything he says. 

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so you honestly think dennison did a good job on the year? seriously? SERIOUSLY?

His year wasn't fireable.

Enjoy watching a whole new scheme AGAIN.  Can't wait for TT to choke up and down the field for the first 4 weeks and get excused because he's still learning.

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Ok good to know, thanks!

You are speaking to the man who posted "insider information" that we were getting rid of McCoy last year and then vanished from the board when it turned out to be total BS. Don't be surprised by anything he says. 

Honestly, you'd have a better chance telling me I'm cute and just asking for my number.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I thought he had some creative play designs. I thought he had a formula or a system for a specific QB and it wouldn't work because TT was his QB.

You may be right.  Rico seems to lack intellectual flexibility.  But maybe he'd be successful with a different offensive roster and - especially - a different QB.

But I believe you have to hold people accountable for actual results and not spend too much time on hypotheticals.   Rico took a Top 10 scoring offense and turned it into a suck  machine.  He had to go.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

You may be right.  Rico seems to lack intellectual flexibility.  But maybe he'd be successful with a different offensive roster and - especially - a different QB.

But I believe you have to hold people accountable for actual results and not spend too much time on hypotheticals.   Rico took a Top 10 scoring offense and turned it into a suck  machine.  He had to go.

I agree. I was just saying we've had some real bad OC's in the last 18 years.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Enjoy watching a whole new scheme AGAIN.  Can't wait for TT to choke up and down the field for the first 4 weeks and get excused because he's still learning.

Honestly, you'd have a better chance telling me I'm cute and just asking for my number.

An apology would be nice. You have a great face, the kind I'd like to see on the side of a TBD milk carton because you've vanished from here, never to be seen again. 

33 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

For all those suggesting Chud, he's still employed by the Colts. Has to actually be let go first. 

Technically yes but the Colts will want him to leave on his own. A new HC will want his own guys and if they have to terminate him they have to pay him the rest of his contract. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Technically yes but the Colts will want him to leave on his own. A new HC will want his own guys and if they have to terminate him they have to pay him the rest of his contract. 

I see. I would think if he knows he's wanted around the league, then he'll wait it out and get the money. 

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I cant wait to watch any other scheme but Dennison's, and it wont be TT at QB. He'll be cut in a month.

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Which team will TT be choking on? It won’t be Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

his year was ENTIRELY fireable. took the exact same personnel of top 10 scoring offense and it dropped into the basement. i'm so sick of coaches insisting on system over playing to strength of players.

and i'm seriously doubting tyrod is back. so don't lump me into any group that is blaming dennison becuz I wanna see taylor back. it is, however, fairly easy to lump you into the group that will blame taylor for anything and everything as the rest of the offense and OC gets a pass. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Literally every facet of the offense he took over regressed. There wasn't improvement in any category.

That's true.  But he had Tyrod Taylor at QB, no decent WR's, and a new offensive scheme.  The run game was still 6th in the NFL.  

Folks are out here acting crazy.  

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

An apology would be nice. You have a great face, the kind I'd like to see on the side of a TBD milk carton because you've vanished from here, never to be seen again. 

If I vanished from here, you might not have the will to live on.  I don't do it for me, I do it for you.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Great....once McDaniels gets a HC job, the Pats hire Dennison and break every offensive record.

That's only because Dennison would do a great job of hiding Brady's weaknesses. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

not that i disagree, but didnt the Colts just deny another team talking to Chud about OC/HC job?..I could be wrong but I thought it was him