Tony Kornheiser: "Tyrod Taylor is the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL"

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I can see this.  I just hope our future is not worse without him.  We could plan for the future and not start a rookie or 2nd level vet.  It took us 17 years to get to this point.  I don't want to chuck it in litter box on a possible maybe.  Possible maybes have not worked out real well for us in the past.

As far as the last 3 years.  His production dropped off this year with a new staff and OC.  Think that had anything to do with it?  Shady's production was down 1.4 ypc as well.

Things can always get worse.

Be careful what you ask for. imho

Losing to Bortles is rock bottom.    

Playoffs is rock bottom.  Who knew?

It's good to be back at rock bottom after years and years of below rock bottom.  It's an improvement :)

Again, be careful what you ask for.

I am asking for a team that can score a touchdown on offense against a playoff team.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

I am asking for a team that can score a touchdown on offense against a playoff team.

As am I.  I just don't want to go backwards at QB (which is entirely possible if not likely).

It wasn't all Hotrod's fault either.  Other guys screwed up too.  Kelvin in the EZ.  2 dropped picks.  A penalty on a play after Shady ripped off a 35 yard run.  A couple of big pass drops.  Letting Blake Bortles run all over us.

I hope we don't go backwards ...

Edited by reddogblitz

As am I.  I just don't want to go backwards at QB (which is entirely possible if not likely).

It wasn't all Hotrod's fault either.  Other guys screwed up too.  Kelvin in the EZ.  2 dropped picks.  A penalty on a play after Shady ripped off a 35 yard run.  A couple of big pass drops.

I hope we don't go backwards ...

Tyrod are you supposed to be on the computer while you're in the protocol!?

On a serious note, Tyrod sure does love him some Tyrod. He has more pictures of himself on twitter than those sleezy models put up of themselves!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

People might get mad or disagree with me but Tyrod is a poor man Fitz only with better legs. We can do better than that.

They couldn't be any more different. No idea how you come up with that comparison. 

Edited by Mrbojanglezs

15 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

People might get mad or disagree with me but Tyrod is a poor man Fitz only with better legs. We can do better than that.

Did you know Fitz still holds the Bills record for longest TD run by a QB at 31 yards?  And TD pass at 98 yards?

I figured Hotrod would smash the 31 yard one. 3 years in and he hasn't yet

Fitz had wheels.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He obviously hasn’t seen Trent Edwards play. Kornheiser gets paid to say “splashy” things.  Tyrod’s not that bad.  Not even close.  He’s just not good.

This is it.  I listen to Mister Tony's podcast every day, and ever since the Chargers game he would say McDermott should be fired for starting Peterman over Taylor...............Now he's saying this.

He's also said before that he says things and then can't remember what his take was two days later! 

17 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He obviously hasn’t seen Trent Edwards play. Kornheiser gets paid to say “splashy” things.  Tyrod’s not that bad.  Not even close.  He’s just not good.

'

Tyrod plays worse in the 4th quarter than Trent Edwards.

He actually has LESS wins from behind and with more games under his belt...and far superior teams. 

But yes, Tyrod is better than Trent Edwards, but that's not saying much.

17 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Taylor is bad. But he still wasn't the worst passer in that game. Bortles couldn't hit his FB 8 yards away...and Romo tried to blame the wind.

Taylor is worse than Bortles...and has shown it for 3 straight years.

He also leads either the worst, or one of the worst, passing offenses in the league ever since he's been starter...and he's regressed every season he's been here.

Bortles actually has upside and can put a team on his shoulders when the time comes. They both have bad games from time to time, but Bortles has many more good games than Taylor, and definitely more great games.

Also, Kornheiser and the rest of the "experts" haven't been watching Bills games all season. If they had, they would've recognized this far earlier.

The Saints game alone would've made him pull the little hair he has remaining out of his skull.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

EJ was and is much worse. Not good when the easiest example to think of was the other guy on the team last year.

Peterman is much worse as well. Finding even a serviceable QB in the NFL is very difficult. 

Taylor isn't the worst passer, his skill set just isn't a fit in a league still dominated by pass happy offenses and franchise QB's.

He'll certainly be the one of the best (if not the top) back up QB options out there though for a loaded team looking for a guy that can get them through a few games if their starter gets hurt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 11:14 AM, twoandfourteen said:

He is absolutely a backup quality player, nothing more. 

Take a look here if you want some numbers:

Sure looks like a game-managing backup to me. 

He is somewhere in the 35-30 range as far as NFL QBs are concerned, but I like my QBs to actually be able to throw for yards and TDs so I'd put him closer to 35-38. But at this level, I can see the value in having a backup who won't throw INTs, so I can see why most would slot him at 34 or 35. 

There is absolutely no justification or evidence that puts him in the top 15 or even top 25 of players at the position. None. 

Right on man,

Tyrod is ultimately a very good athlete but not much of a QB.  The 3rd and 25 (or something like that) play in Tennessee he scrambled for a few years ago was one of the more memorable plays of the last few seasons.  Having said that anytime he's forced to win with his arm he never can. 

On 1/9/2018 at 10:27 AM, Bad Things said:

Did he happen to also watch Bortles?  Now, that guy is just brutal. 

Yeah, but Bortles is still young and visibly improving quite a bit. 

We know Tyrod's ceiling. Have for a year and a half, really.

Kornheiser's statement is an obvious exaggeration at a moment of excitement. He doesn't even rule out 3rd stringers. Clearly an exaggeration. I'm actually a Kornheiser fan. I lived in Northern Virginia and worked in D.C. for many years and read his stuff in the Post. Also have bought a couple of his books. The guy is genuinely funny. A hell of a writer.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

The 3rd and 25 (or something like that) play in Tennessee he scrambled for a few years ago was one of the more memorable plays of the last few seasons. 

For me, this is the most memorable:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cTNqwZ5gkY

This one too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yBLxD0OdR1I

Love those Sammy bobble catches :)

Edited by reddogblitz

35 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Way to bump a ridiculous thread predicated on a ridiculous statement over a week dead. :doh:

You just loooOOOOOOoooooovvee talkin Tyrod, don't you? :flirt:

I don't start the Tyrod threads I reply to them. I did not realize I bumped a old thread, somehow I was on a Trans Tyrod thread and ended up on this one. You know one of the 3 Tyrod threads you have started on the front page, maybe if you keep all your Tyrod threads all in one place people won't end up bumping someone else' s Tyrod thread. Of course you do not like this Tyrod thread it does not go with your love theme that is in yours.

50 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I don't start the Tyrod threads I reply to them. I did not realize I bumped a old thread, somehow I was on a Trans Tyrod thread and ended up on this one. You know one of the 3 Tyrod threads you have started on the front page, maybe if you keep all your Tyrod threads all in one place people won't end up bumping someone else' s Tyrod thread. Of course you do not like this Tyrod thread it does not go with your love theme that is in yours.

:lol: 

riiiiiight... didn't realize you bumped a thread that was on page 3 or 4 at least by the time you bumped it... sure :flirt: 

3 Tyrod threads on the front page? You mean the TWO that are there, one of which I posted purely about Dennison regarding how the Bills had the most stuffed runs (0 yards or less) in the NFL on 1st and 2nd down (was Tyrod even talked about in the OP?) and the other that's really just been good fun responding to Crusher-under-a-new-name?

Okay, Eeyore. 

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

:lol: 

riiiiiight... didn't realize you bumped a thread that was on page 3 or 4 at least by the time you bumped it... sure :flirt: 

3 Tyrod threads on the front page? You mean the TWO that are there, one of which I posted purely about Dennison regarding how the Bills had the most stuffed runs (0 yards or less) in the NFL on 1st and 2nd down (was Tyrod even talked about in the OP?) and the other that's really just been good fun responding to Crusher-under-a-new-name?

Okay, Eeyore. 

He sucks get over it.  

If the next qb sucks he will get bashed too.   Just like the previous 5 or so QBs

Worst passer ever per Kornheiser. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

7 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

You have to hand it to Transplant, he supports every QB on the Bills roster,sometimes to a fault. He was a huge

E.J. supporter as well.

Thats what our generation used to do. In today’s world of instant gratification that just doesn’t compute.

Just now, dlonce said:

You have to hand it to Transplant, he supports every QB on the Bills roster,sometimes to a fault. He was a huge

E.J. supporter as well.

Thats what our generation used to do. In today’s world of instant gratification that just doesn’t compute.

For me it's not about instant gratification.

It's about performance over a period of time.

Sometimes you need more time to evaluate a player (like tyrod, after 2 seasons, I was sure of what he was, which looks to be correct after the third year)

Sometimes, you just know right away (ej, losman, Rob Johnson)

I'm all for giving Peterman more chances, but I'm not sure enough about him to pass on somebody this year.

I was a bledsoe fan, a flutie fan, hell I liked Edwards and gave him a shot, but I'm also realistic.

I think a lot of people set expectations too high from the get go, then when somebody doesn't look like the "second coming of Jim Kelly" after the first couple of starts, we automatically call them a bust.

I'm rambling.

I would love a franchise elite qb.

I'll be happy with a very good QB.

I'd rather not settle on an average at best QB.

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, but Bortles is still young and visibly improving quite a bit. 

We know Tyrod's ceiling. Have for a year and a half, really.

Kornheiser's statement is an obvious exaggeration at a moment of excitement. He doesn't even rule out 3rd stringers. Clearly an exaggeration. I'm actually a Kornheiser fan. I lived in Northern Virginia and worked in D.C. for many years and read his stuff in the Post. Also have bought a couple of his books. The guy is genuinely funny. A hell of a writer.

In the end....this is true

Tyrod's game though several different OC's is very steady for a QB...unfortunately its not improving in areas that it needs to in order to keep the wagon hitched to him....Bortles is not a good qb....but has a chance to get better.

48 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Tyrod's game though several different OC's is very steady for a QB...unfortunately its not improving in areas that it needs to in order to keep the wagon hitched to him....Bortles is not a good qb....but has a chance to get better.

Steady is a proper word.     Steady at being mediocre and steady in the respect of not being good enough to grasp victory from the jaws of defeat.  

That's why it sucks.  

3 hours ago, dlonce said:

image.jpeg.98f299c1a369bd33f133368d11c54617.jpegImage result for Does Not Compute Robot

On 1/8/2018 at 8:15 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

After finally watching a game, the mainstream sports media is finally understanding why McDermott pulled Taylor earlier in the season.

https://twitter.com/RyanTalbotBills/status/950532481823985665

PTI.thumb.jpg.ca6c27e9fee889e0ddb87bc5ca16553b.jpg

Take it with a grain of salt... He's the same moron who was screaming that the Bills should have fired McDermott when he benched him. Kornheiser is as big of an idiot as they come.

• Like (+1) 1

The Biggest Frustration about Bortles is that the guy has the size arm strength mobility and the ability to be a great Qb. He thinks he can just skate by on his skill and not apply himself (He Likes to Party). If he had half the heart and drive that Tyrod has he'd be incredible. The flip side is Tyrod doesn't have anything but drive he has a decent arm and bad accuracy he's short but athletic. 

52 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Take it with a grain of salt... He's the same moron who was screaming that the Bills should have fired McDermott when he benched him. Kornheiser is as big of an idiot as they come.

Spot on accurate.  Kornheiser is just like many in the media.....just looking for clicks and views.  

1 hour ago, Bills757 said:

Spot on accurate.  Kornheiser is just like many in the media.....just looking for clicks and views.  

Unfortunately, that's all the media/ESPN want - these so called "hot" takes. Stephen A. Smith 2.0.

Gotta be yelling making some outlandish/outrageous comments. 

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Bottles he started 19 more games than Hotrod. Maybe that's why he's improved more?

21 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Bottles he started 19 more games than Hotrod. Maybe that's why he's improved more?

Or maybe because he's 2-3 years younger than tyrod so he is just entering his typical "prime" for most athletes

Or maybe it's just fool's gold and bortles still sucks and will regress