Tony Kornheiser: "Tyrod Taylor is the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL"

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Defense?

It's an idiotic statement. Like really really stupid. Just because you're hanging all over his jock about it doesn't make it correct.

We seriously need an upgrade from Taylor. That's because we need a long term Franchise QB and Taylor's not that guy. That doesn't mean Taylor's what Cornhole said or even that he's terrible.

I wish the world and the Internet weren't so damn full of trolls.

hanging all over his jock? haha. Whatever you say. Tyrod IS really really bad at throwing a football. Just because he doesn't do it much, doesn't mean he isn't.

If anyone is a troll, it's you. Hopefully you find another crappy player to love next year. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Romo was critical of Tyrod missing throws. When he said "that was a good throw, actually" it was because Tyrod finally made a good throw. 

Yes, that is what I said "he also commented on throws Tyrod had, and didn't take".

Tyrod had a bad game there's no question. 

I was going to point out that at one point in the game TT was 8-3 and there really wasn't any "finally" about Romo's comments - he was commenting on throws Tyrod made that were incompletions the receiver should have caught and didn't.

But some of us must get our rocks off on exaggerated slanging, so I'll letcha to it.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Or countless others, including Bortles.  Bizarre take by Tony

When you're right, you're right.

On Bortles, I guess winning fixes everything?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, that is what I said "he also commented on throws Tyrod had, and didn't take".

I was going to point out that at one point in the game TT was 8-3 and there really wasn't any "finally" about Romo's comments - he was commenting on throws Tyrod made that were incompletions the receiver should have caught and didn't.

But some of us must get our rocks off on exaggerated slanging, so I'll letcha to it.

They will be destroyed by the Steelers next week.  The spread should be 21 points.

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Big Ben won’t throw 5 ints this time ? 

You tell me.  How often has that happened?  How many did TT throw yesterday?

1 minute ago, Willyville Guy said:

I haven’t read this whole thread but Tyrod isn’t even the worst BILLS passer we’ve seen #BillyJoe

Who's "we"?

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Strangely, Romo was the color commentator for the game and kept saying things like "that was a good throw, actually".

He also commented on throws Tyrod had, and didn't take

But it's a long way from that to "the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL".  For example,  did he watch Blake Bortles?

Romo is very kind to all the members of the QB club, the difference between what he says and how he reacts to plays tells the story.

Just now, Commonsense said:

Romo is very kind to all the members of the QB club, the difference between what he says and how he reacts to plays tells the story.

I think he is pretty up-front in what he says, actually.  He was pointing out that Bortles has to make those throws he was missing, and pointed out when the play calling seemed to show the Jags had lost confidence in Bortles.  He pointed out throws had, and didn't take, and said "you need to know when to pull the trigger on those".  And he pointed out when Taylor made throws that were good and should have been caught by the WR

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They will be destroyed by the Steelers next week.  The spread should be 21 points.

This would make me very, very, very happy.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think he is pretty up-front in what he says, actually.  He was pointing out that Bortles has to make those throws he was missing, and pointed out when the play calling seemed to show the Jags had lost confidence in Bortles.  He pointed out throws had, and didn't take, and said "you need to know when to pull the trigger on those".  And he pointed out when Taylor made throws that were good and should have been caught by the WR

So you really think Tony Romo thought Bortles was missing 3-5 yard dump off passes because of the wind?

How about the Cover 4 when he broke down the play and you could tell he was frustrated watching it in the booth?

Or after the Charles Clay replay when Romo/Nance realized the it took Taylor over 30 seconds to get the play off. Like they said...they don't have much time here...and should have quick snapped anyways because of the previous play. 

If you rewatch it or listen the broadcast you can hear visible groans of frustration just from him watching it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

or EJ Manuel.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Bortles was a helluva lot worse passing the football yesterday. While Taylor's problem yesterday (and for his career) were the throws he chose not to throw, Bortles actually threw the ball a whole bunch but was just wildly inaccurate.

But this thread will inevitably get a whole bunch of mileage from the posters who are just frothing at the mouth to pounce on him.

Ok... still a major flaw and a detriment to being classified as a "good passer". 

It is possible that Tyrod chooses not to throw those passes because he is aware of his limitations and plays within them, whereas Bortles isn't as sophisticated. Also, let's not kid ourselves, Tyrod's accuracy leaves lots and lots and lots to be desired.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

EJ was and is much worse. Not good when the easiest example to think of was the other guy on the team last year.

I remember going to training camp before EJ's last season here and was simply in awe of the number of passes that ended up airmailed out of bounds, over the receiver's head, or into the radio tent. 

The guy was brutal. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh boy, yeah I got my rocks off for someone stating the obvious and agreeing. :thumbsup: