Tony Kornheiser: "Tyrod Taylor is the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL"

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

A couple years ago, Tyrod would make one or two nice long passes every game.  He doesn't anymore.  It is a rare game where he completes a long pass.The touchdown pass to Nick O'Leary versus Miami was a rare occurrence and I'm guessing it was because O'Leary was so wide open.  Most of the time the ball sails over everybody's head.  I think it is because Tyrod is so afraid of throwing an interception.  It used to be that he never attempted passes in the middle of the field.  Now he does that, but his long passes always sail on him.  The bottom line is there always seems to be an aspect of his game that is completely missing or at least sorely deficient.  It's great that he can run, but it doesn't make up for the things he won't/can't do.

He used to blow us away with the sideline bombs. Just seems he lost his mojo....or was it luck?

9 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

Did you guys even watch the game? The second half?

bortles looked decent, esp during the 2nd half. Much. Much better than trod. 

Trod has to be one of the worse if not the worse in the league. 

Dude flat out can’t ball. 

•  

lol this is awesome.  Bottles completed 5 passes and they punted on 4 of 5 possessions in the second half!!  

Decent!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

After finally watching a game, the mainstream sports media is finally understanding why McDermott pulled Taylor earlier in the season.

https://twitter.com/RyanTalbotBills/status/950532481823985665

PTI.thumb.jpg.ca6c27e9fee889e0ddb87bc5ca16553b.jpg

Hes also one of the worst sports broadcasters in history who doesn't know jack about just about anything he says.  He is up there with Skip.  

More importantly, how he can watch that game and feel Tyrod was the worst passer in the game tells you all you need to know about Tony's opinion.  Bortles wouldnt even be a good passer if he was playing in the XFL.

6 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Sammy Watkins had the talent required to adjust to and go get a ball.   Nobody currently on the Bills' roster has that level of ball tracking ability.

Oh, that and Dennison also has a history of not calling the deep ball plays very often in games.

I'll grant you Watkins has plenty of speed and a knack for tracking balls, but I think the Bills completed a number of deep passes to other receivers in 2015.  It is also true that Dennison favors a short passing game, but when deep passes are called, Tyrod is overthrowing them with remarkable consistency.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

I'll grant you Watkins has plenty of speed and a knack for tracking balls, but I think the Bills completed a number of deep passes to other receivers in 2015.  It is also true that Dennison favors a short passing game, but when deep passes are called, Tyrod is overthrowing them with remarkable consistency.

Yes he missed every one in the playoff game.

Horrible game.

If he connects on one, it could have turned the game.

Edited by PolishDave

36 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

There goes his trade value 

we couldn't get a bag of chips for Tyrod Taylor, not even a 7th round pick. What's strange is his first 2 years he was accurate on the deep ball. That was his claim to fame. Now its all gone. Keep looking  Buffalo.  Never stop....

7 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

As someone who backed up Tyrod until mid-way through this season. It makes me sad. Tyrod would've been better off just scrambling. 

I hear ya...it just occurred to me, I’m sitting here watching college QBs make back shoulder throws, while Tyrod has yet to throw one in 7 years in the NFL...could have used that type of throw to KB in the end zone...his passing skills are mediocre even for college QBs...lol

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, MDFan said:

When they benched Tyrod, both these idiots were incredulous.  Well, guess what - now they see what we saw, and what the coach saw - he just is not good enough to win.

Yup, they were saying what a joke McDermott was for doing so. Hell, I still have family members who are fans of the Jets/Giants that believe TT is still viable. 

32 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

Did you guys even watch the game? The second half?

bortles looked decent, esp during the 2nd half. Much. Much better than trod. 

Trod has to be one of the worse if not the worse in the league. 

Dude flat out can’t ball. 

•  

Not saying Taylor was good. 1st half Bortles was horrendous. Yes, even worse than Taylor. Did you tune in at the half? 

Yes, second half Blake threw some nice passes. But c'mon even Taylor...heck even Peterman all the way to Brian Brohm can complete an 8 yards pass to a fullback. Though Peterman might be reluctant to try that again ?