Why the Peterman hate

BBills88

52 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I think he will be on the team next year regardless.

Peterman will probably be here. But he has done nothing but hurt his chances when he’s had them this year. (5 picks, concussion, pick today). Was hopeful for him but geez 

Edited by Billznut

7 minutes ago, Strethor said:

I can't yell at a guy for throwing a "pick" to a jag who did not even catch the ball (hit ground) -  while proceeding to commit 2-3 fouls (dunking the ball and taking off his helmet 30 yards worth of penalties) and having the league incorrectly ruling that against us. I don't understand the hate either, should probably hate the person who couldn't put the game away in 55min missing people all over the field in the process. 

I certainly can. That was a horrible decision to begin with, and the fact that it ended our season does not help.

I think we all understand that Tyrod is not the long term answer. But anyone who thinks that Peterman has a serious hope of being an Upgrade is delusional. 

I mean he got put in with a minute left at 4th & 3 and no timeouts lol

What the hell were people expecting?

And Thompson should've come back towards that ball, that much is obvious. But really there was nothing he could do there short of a miracle that would've changed anyone's opinions on him.

His interception today was purely a function of the ball simply not getting to the target fast enough.  We've seen that before from him too.  I question if he has enough raw arm strength to compete at the NFL level.  Never mind all the other more intangible stuff.

59 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

People act like the kid wasn't a 5th round pick. Let the kid get a off-season to work on his game. Yeah the LA game was a debacle, he played well in a blizzard. Give him time to develop. I'm not opposed to drafting another QB which their are no guarantees will be successful. I would love to see our qb room contain (Peterman, & Rudolph).

I will bite.  First, I do like Peterman since we drafted him, so nothing personal with him, but still got to be honest about what he is.

Better question, why the Peterman love or defense of him?  So far, all he did in preseason was complete a miserable 50% of his passes which is Tebow-esque bad, and worse yet that was while facing mostly guys who dont play or aren't even in the league anymore.  

Since then, he has 6 interceptions and hasn't even played a full game yet.  The kid throws like a deer in headlights with pressure on him and doesn't have the arm strength to do that.  

Under no circumstances is a players career decided in such a small sample size, so it is unfair to say the kid has no career in the NFL.  But, there is nothing...literally nothing...at all that he has put on tape that suggests he has starting potential at this point.  Sure, the kid can surprise and come out swinging in camp, but up to now there is very little to get behind.  

Bills fans see a couple throws where he threw it fast on a quick drop back and go wow.  Big deal, thats a standard play just about any QB should make...literally nothing special about doing that but Bills fan over exaggerate that into something bigger because they want anyone other than TT.

At this point, Peterman is going to have to fight for a roster spot next year IMO.  I like the kid, so hope he surprises, but right now he is an after thought without some kind of really big strides in the offseason.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BBills88 said:

People act like the kid wasn't a 5th round pick. Let the kid get a off-season to work on his game. Yeah the LA game was a debacle, he played well in a blizzard. Give him time to develop. I'm not opposed to drafting another QB which their are no guarantees will be successful. I would love to see our qb room contain (Peterman, & Rudolph).

I don't hate him, just don't understand all the love.

Although it's not unusual to love the backup. Gary Marangi, dan manucci, joe dufek.... everyone thought the backups were better.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No hate, just apropos that the season ended on a Peterman int.....

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Indeed.

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's because the defense can anticipate a quick throw with no fear of getting beat deep.  All aboard the Peterman express train every time he throws a pick.  He's not good. 

Guess we should have started him today. 

He can score more three points no ?     Another no show from tentative ?

His lack of arm strength was pretty apparent on that last pass. He's certainly got the mind and the character to play at this level but his arm isn't good enough.

2 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

He just isn't good. There was a reason he went in the 5th Round. All NFL teams can't be wrong.

Yea, everyone knows every successful QB is selected first overall...

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Guess we should have started him today. 

He can score more three points no ?     Another no show from tentative ?

Really how many passes did it take this time to throw his first pick?  Like 1 or 2?

Sure, I disagreed with the Refs on the ruling of an INT, but still was ruled by Refs under replay as an INT and it STILL counts.  Plus, it was a terrible pass that was late and his arm is to weak to make that throw like that.  So it was STILL a mistake by Peterman...yet again.  

6 Interceptions and hasn't even played a full game yet.  Not sure thats been done before.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

And Thompson should've come back towards that ball, that much is obvious. But really there was nothing he could do there short of a miracle that would've changed anyone's opinions on him.

Pretty much this.  

In a weird way, it made the loss more palatable. 

Edited by stony

14 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

His interception today was purely a function of the ball simply not getting to the target fast enough.  We've seen that before from him too.  I question if he has enough raw arm strength to compete at the NFL level.  Never mind all the other more intangible stuff.

^^^^THIS^^^^

He can't spin the ball hard enough for the NFL, he won't make it.  I was hopeful his arm strength would be better in the pros but it's not.  He just can't make the throws.  Frankly they should just cut him.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

With that excuse, I believe we now have excuses absolving peterman of all six of his INT's this season.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really how many passes did it take this time to throw his first pick?  Like 1 or 2?

Sure, I disagreed with the Refs on the ruling of an INT, but still was ruled by Refs under replay as an INT and it STILL counts.  Plus, it was a terrible pass that was late and his arm is to weak to make that throw like that.  So it was STILL a mistake by Peterman...yet again.  

6 Interceptions and hasn't even played a full game yet.  Not sure thats been done before.  

So better or worse than 3 points ?   

19 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

He doesn't carry a big gun but you do have to question the playcall (again). Throwing outside the numbers against an all pro DB with the game on the line? That spells trouble for lots of NFL QBs. 

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

With that excuse, I believe we now have excuses absolving peterman of all six of his INT's this season.

Considering it's been said by analysts and outlets reporting on the game, as well as professionals and players, it's not really disputable.

Coupled with if you've played football from Middle School onwards it's pretty obvious. But yeah, the cornerback that was a couple yards behind the receiver somehow got the ball while the receiver who stood in place did not. Gee, if the corner could come towards the ball, how could the receiver not?

tweet.jpg

Edited by BigDingus

22 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

All the receivers are used to running turning stopping and waiting for TT to pass.  

Faults imbred by playing with TT.  

Let's keep this thread going all off-season, this kid deserves it. We have to show Pegula that we believe in this kid.

If this team just goes and drafts a top prospect, and cuts this kid, I will be up in arms. N way this kid deserves that kind of treatment. 

Edited by OJABBA

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Considering it's been said by analysts and outlets reporting on the game, as well as professionals and players, it's not really disputable.

Coupled with if you've played football from Middle School onwards it's pretty obvious. But yeah, the cornerback that was a couple yards behind the receiver somehow got the ball while the receiver who stood in place did not. Gee, if the corner could come towards the ball, how could the receiver not?

again, absolution of every interception he's thrown. He's led a charmed life in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t know why anyone would hate Peterman. He’s not an NFL caliber QB, so I would certainly hate if the bills ever found themselves needing him to play a single snap at QB ever aqain..., but out side of that he sounds like a nice guy 

He's a great kid!

3 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Let's keep this thread going all off-season, this kid deserves it. We have to show Pegula that we believe in this kid.

If this team just goes and drafts a top prospect, and cuts this kid, I will be up in arms. N way this kid deserves that kind of treatment. 

Well you can always exit the thread.

Nice avatar tho. There is that. 

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

again, absolution of every interception he's thrown. He's led a charmed life in the NFL.

You are trying to apply games that don't matter, plays that don't matter, situations that don't matter, to this ONE situation.

As if any of that is relevant...

Again, wtf did you expect? TT already threw an INT in the game, do we say his INT is the same as every INT? No. It was specific to that situation.

Minute left, offense hasn't done squat all game. 4th & 3 with no timeouts. Yes, he should've done so much more & had every advantage and opportunity in the world handed to him on a silver platter.... What a fool for not winning the game singlehandedly in a situation Tyrod is 3-22 in all time.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

Well you can always exit the thread.

Nice avatar tho. There is that. 

No way, this kid needs my support, and I don't give up on kids.

And that avatar is NOT FOR KIDS! So don't let it distract you.

Edited by OJABBA

Just now, BigDingus said:

You are trying to apply games that don't matter, plays that don't matter, situations that don't matter, to this ONE situation.

As if any of that is relevant...

Again, wtf did you expect? TT already threw an INT in the game, do we say his INT is the same as every INT? No. It was specific to that situation.

I had no expectations , it was a nearly impossible situation. Difficult for a veteran QB, much more difficult for one that is not nearly NFL ready.

I believe that all of the TT trolls have spoken and it was the same old #hi# that we have heard before . No mention of the snow game , where NP suddenly had an arm that was able to complete passes in a snowstorm. Weak arm bull feathers. !!!   He will be the starting QB  next year and for all you trolls get a life.

Edited by Wily Dog
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, klos63 said:

I had no expectations , it was a nearly impossible situation. Difficult for a veteran QB, much more difficult for one that is not nearly NFL ready.

He got 2 first downs on the drive with all odds stacked against them. You're right, he's not NFL ready to be a starter. But for anyone to EXPECT more from him at that point in the game is absurd.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

He got 2 first downs on the drive with all odds stacked against them. You're right, he's not NFL ready to be a starter. But for anyone to EXPECT more from him at that point in the game is absurd.

We need a couple new QB's next season.

48 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Not going to blame him for an insane play by the CB. He probably underestimated how fast and hard the best CB in the NFL was going to close on that. Plus, the dude knocks it away and then catches it in midair? Who does that? A ridiculous play. Gotta just tip your hat.

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Not going to blame him for an insane play by the CB. He probably underestimated how fast and hard the best CB in the NFL was going to close on that. Plus, the dude knocks it away and then catches it in midair? Who does that? A ridiculous play. Gotta just tip your hat.

This ain't Pitt.  On to the draft!

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Its actually not absurd. If he projects to be better than what we’ve got, where was any of it on display. 

He played quite poorly

... missed badly on open routes

... threw a sideline ball with not enough zip,  not the first st pick from that 

... I’ve seen him release a punt like toss over the middle of the field from for anyone to catch. 

— dive into a concussive hit. ( at a time it wasn’t needed.