Pick one to stay, TT or Dennison.

Roundybout

Who stays and who goes to the pit of misery (dilly dilly)  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who stays?

• Keep TT. Dennison to the Pit of Misery!
    • Keep Dennison. TT to the Pit of Misery!
    • Popular Request! Can 'Em Both!

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

As usual. I guess we'll have to see how Dennison does with a real QB.

Don’t misunderstand, I am not a Dennison fan.  However, my guess is that the Bills organization will keep the FO and coaching staff stable this offseason.  I anticipate some pretty significant roster moves.  This will be a very different looking team next season.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

As usual. I guess we'll have to see how Dennison does with a real QB.

In all his time as a coach I think Dennison has one, maybe two seasons that are even boarderline impressive and 6 or 7 that are mediocre to bad.   Maybe if they bring Roman back I could see them keeping Taylor.  Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see a new coordinator and a new QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If i had to keep one it is Dennison 

i know the system works in the NFL really well. Think his playcalling changes with a different QB

Without getting into a 400 post debate I'd have to simply say you clearly haven't looked at Dennison's track record.  It's awful. 

1 hour ago, sullim4 said:

I truly do not understand why Dennison is hated so much.  TT was essentially the same guy under Roman and Lynn.  I don't agree with the love of Tolbert but is that Dennison or McD's fault?

The OC and DC are always the scapegoats with fanbases.  I can't remember the last time we weren't trying to run either our OC or DC out of town.

The day before the season started?

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Without getting into a 400 post debate I'd have to simply say you clearly haven't looked at Dennison's track record.  It's awful. 

I had to chose 1. 

TT isnt that guy. 

Dennsions system (Shanny’s) or any WCO works. Some of the best offenses run this offense. Not sure if Dennison can call the system (bit cant make my call to pick one to move on wh n TT is the QB)

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I had to chose 1. 

TT isnt that guy. 

Dennsions system (Shanny’s) or any WCO works. Some of the best offenses run this offense. Not sure if Dennison can call the system (bit cant make my call to pick one to move on wh n TT is the QB)

It actually isn't an either or, you can pick both.  You can pick any which one you want regardless.  I'm not defending Taylor to anyone here. Clearly something has to get better.  I don't think they set out to make the offense better last offseason and it showed.  Hopefully it's a priority this year.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

It actually isn't an either or, you can pick both.  You can pick any which one you want regardless.  I'm not defending Taylor to anyone here. Clearly something has to get better.  I don't think they set out to make the offense better last offseason and it showed.  Hopefully it's a priority this year.

The title was pick one. Then the OP added the third for a cop out. 

Because the east answer is can both

Without question TT.  F that idiot Dennison.  

We are going to add a QB via FA, Trade, or Draft...so keep TT to either keep the seat warm to develop the rookie or back up the guy we get in FA/Trade.  But Dennison should never call a game again.  He is a complete idiot and absolutely do not want his hand on this offense next year.  

1 minute ago, BillsFan3434 said:

Romo was straight calling out Taylor for not being able to read a defense during the game.  Any other decent quarterback would have been able to read the defense and put up 10 points on the Jags.  We needed 11 to win the game.

He has done it to TT everygame he did with the Bills

44 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

In all his time as a coach I think Dennison has one, maybe two seasons that are even boarderline impressive and 6 or 7 that are mediocre to bad.   Maybe if they bring Roman back I could see them keeping Taylor.  Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see a new coordinator and a new QB.

Roman is not coming back to Buffalo after he was exited ina less than kind manner by the prior regime.

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

Pick nuclear blast or asteroid strike? Either way, we’re screwed.

The West coast offense that Dennison runs is not a fit for Taylor. I'm not a big fan of Alex Smith but if we had him today we win this game. I would like to see what Dennison can do with a QB that fits the system he runs. 

After today I have no doubt Taylor is gone, he is the exact opposite of the type of QB that you would want to run this offense. Dennison had enough good plays called today where players were open to make plays but Taylor failed to get them the football. With a good passing QB we win today, Dennison is running a unorthodox offense with Taylor at QB. Any OC that Taylor plays for will have to scrape the system that they are using and make one up that fits Taylor. 

Dennison and McD will find and draft a QB that fits this system. Thank god Taylor is gone.

2 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I truly do not understand why Dennison is hated so much.  TT was essentially the same guy under Roman and Lynn.  I don't agree with the love of Tolbert but is that Dennison or McD's fault?

The OC and DC are always the scapegoats with fanbases.  I can't remember the last time we weren't trying to run either our OC or DC out of town.

B/c we scored points under the prior OCs and we don't with this one.  And we don't play to the strengths of our QB.  Not that I advocate keeping the QB, but if he's going to be here there is no sense in trying to jam a square peg into a round hole. 

2 hours ago, brianb386 said:

I would like to keep Taylor to keep pressure of our rookie QB. However, I wouldn't be too upset if they let him go.

I just don’t see it. Tyrod would be on the shortest leash possible. There’s no way the fans will want to endure another season of anemic passing with a highly drafted QB waiting on the wings. I’d rather see the rookie play right away at that point.

If you are making me choose, I'm keeping TT.  TT was part of the offense with Roman and Lynn which scored a lot of points because the offense was tailored to his strengths.  However, his deep ball has regressed.  

Both need to go though.  TT is a strong back-up or bridge qb

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Without question TT.  F that idiot Dennison.  

We are going to add a QB via FA, Trade, or Draft...so keep TT to either keep the seat warm to develop the rookie or back up the guy we get in FA/Trade.  But Dennison should never call a game again.  He is a complete idiot and absolutely do not want his hand on this offense next year.  

How many more crap games from TT do you need to see ?   

He’s never gonna win a playoff game.    

46 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I know, right!

Either these Tyrod supporters know nothing about football or are being obtuse on purpose. 

It's good comedy to watch the CoT spin every excuse as to why Tyrod stinks. They definitely are a creative bunch, i'll give them that. :lol: 

Edited by PeterGriffin

3 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

I know, right!

Either these Tyrod supporters know nothing about football or are being obtuse on purpose. 

It's good comedy to watch the CoT spin every excuse as to why Tyrod stinks. They definitely are a creative bunch, i'll give them that. :lol: 

It really is mind blowing.      ?

If this is a binary choice, no contest, keep TT.  McDennison single (double?) -handedly lost this game with the goal line series playcalling and the time management which allowed JAX the FG at the end of the 1st half.  It was pointed out in the post-game that Marvcus used to call the red zone plays (I'd forgotten that).  Just not sure McD would do any better than McDennison.  McD can definitely coach a defense, so we need an offensive genius here next year. 

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Dennison goes hands down. The last 3 minutes of the 1st half, 1st and goal. The strength of the Bills offense is the running game. You run it 4 times straight at the goal line. You don't stop the clock, you run it down. If you want to be conservative, a chip shot on 4th down for 3 points. The other team has little time to score when you are finished either way.

The defense does their job, You get the ball back. You run the clock down, keep the ball on the ground. Kick it away and you end the half ahead of the other team. Again your strength is the run game, and the clock is your best friend at that point. Run, Run, Run. Not passes by a QB you know is not good in the pocket.

Later, you know you just got a critical first down on a bad call by the refs. You have the QB snap the ball quick before the other team challenges it. You give them 31 seconds to challenge. Horrible calls and clock management the whole game. Horrible coaching. You know TT is not a good passer, your WR group can't catch. You count on your run game and defense.  This is not rocket science, square pegs do not go in round holes, you don't try to just keep pounding them harder. Find a way to fit the players you do have with square pegs into the square peg holes you build into your offensive plans. Adapt! The offense was the weakness this year, get rid of the coaches on the offensive side including the line coach. Major regression there.

Edited by simpleman
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

1. One, we were asked to choose TT or Dennison.  So choosing TT isnt an endorsement of him as a starter, its choosing between one and the other.
  2. Pretty silly to say he can "never" win a playoff game where we probably do win yesterday if RICO doesn't royally F-UP the end of the first half and cost us a 7 point swing, you know the margin we lost by.  He cost us 4 points on the goal line, then gave Jags 3 points by not running the clock down at end of half.  Not to mention all the horrible non calls, the BS INT, etc all factoring into it as well all outside TT's influence.  
  3. Most importantly, in the choice given in this thread, it was stated to keep TT to BACK UP next years QB or keep seat warm until what ever Rookie we bring in is ready.  In no circumstance was it about TT being the starter all next year.
Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Although I would err on the side of caution and give Rico the benefit of the doubt having to work with a QB like TT, I wouldn't be hurt if both were gone.

TT for sure.  We need a QB who can anticipate throws and provide us a competent passing game.  

I think with a QB like Bradford or Cousins Rico would get better results.

That pass to Benjamin on first and goal from the one tho....

19 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

I always wondered weather Dickbag was one word or two !!!

well since dickbag is not an actual word (as per dictionary standards) i would than assume you break it up into 2 seperate words (which when seperated are actually 2 words....dick and bag)....hope that helps