More from obd

16 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Dunkirk: Did you see my post yesterday where I said that Jennifer Lopez ( J-Lo ) and Alex Rodriguez ( HGH ) were spending their first Xmas together?

Go Bills!

I am giving this board facts not just some fans conjecture and you make fun of me. Please read my previous posts and tell me what I have posted have not come true? Prove me wrong please.  It is so disappointing.  At some point one bills drive will figure out the leak but until then I will share what I know. If you think this is bs, why do you read my posts and spend time saying they are bs without any facts. Again, what have I posted to date that has not been 100% accurate?

Edited by Dunkirk Don

33 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Smith is a contigency plan if cousins is franchised. Cousins is still our top choice but we do not control.  If cousins is available we will break the bank. McDermott loves him.  See sports illustrated article on cousins.  Think process. McDermott loves his preparation.  My source believes we will not trade draft picks to move up in draft for qb.  Brass feels we are a few drafts away to go deep in playoffs with a ready now qb

I don't think he can be

Just now, Dunkirk Don said:

I am giving this board facts not just some fans conjecture and you make fun of me. Please read my previous posts and tell me what I have posted have not come true? Prove me wrong please. 

So am I!  Sorry that you are not a fan of J-LO.

Two good scenarios, and one best:

(1) Cousins--he is young and still has several seasons in him,

(2) Get Smith and draft another QB prospect--Smith is getting old and only a few years left,

(3) Best case, get Cousins and a good QB prospect in the draft

5 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I am giving this board facts not just some fans conjecture and you make fun of me. Please read my previous posts and tell me what I have posted have not come true? Prove me wrong please.  It is so disappointing.  At some point one bills drive will figure out the leak but until then I will share what I know. If you think this is bs, why do you read my posts and spend time saying they are bs without any facts. Again, what have I posted to date that has not been 100% accurate?

Chill me friend. Happens to all folks who post on social media.  Have to roll  with the punches.

5 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

The Pegula's announced they're doing a 132 million dollar renovation days after you said a new stadium will be announced.

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

Another Pegulas mistake....McDermott doesn't have the background or experience to run a team

This is a broad statement to conclude McD can’t run a team. As I’m sure you would agree, there are plenty of folks with “background or experience”who cannot run a team. Time will tell but evidence indicates McBeane have the team on the right track. 

Edited by Max Fischer

Just now, loedward22 said:

Okay thank you.  I thought he was for sure a free agent... I guess it's just most likely he's a free agent.

He will be franchised or transition tagged. 

49 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

As my source reported last Monday, the Bills and Chiefs have discussed trade for major player.  The chiefs want a second round pick and the Bills are not willing to part with a second for Alex Smith.  ( this is being predicted by espn and this story came out after I reported here) Bills are willing to part with a third and seventh for Smith.  This is why Beane was upset for not cutting marginal players for a compensatory third round pick for Gilmore ( again my source told us last week). The big debate at one bills drive is how to obtain quarterback.  My source says one camp wants to trade up in first round to obtain one the other camp want to make trade for Smith.  The thought is why mortgage the future for an unproved commodity.  Many at at one bills drive believe with an above average quarterback we would be at 9-4.  Would have won jets and bengals game.  The front office believes the only qb worth spending a first round pick, is Sam Darnold and he will not be available. The brass believes they can get Josh Allen in the second round without mortgaging the future.  We have too many holes to fill to trade away draft picks.  On running backs,  don’t fear, Shady is not going anywhere next year but bills will draft running back high next year ( first three rounds). They really like cadet as a change of pace back.  He is on the list to resign but they do not see him as a true second back if McCoy misses any time.

Resign means he's quitting, but I can see them re-signing him as a change of pace RB.  No one needs insider information to come to any of these conclusions.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He will be franchised or transition tagged. 

Resign means he's quitting, but I can see them re-signing him as a change of pace RB.  No one needs insider information to come to any of these conclusions.

Ya basically putting my source said infront of what most other people already think. I thought he said it wasnt smith either when he first mentioned the kc trade. Then people started suggesting kelce or oline but now it is smith.

21 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Two good scenarios, and one best:

(1) Cousins--he is young and still has several seasons in him,

(2) Get Smith and draft another QB prospect--Smith is getting old and only a few years left,

(3) Best case, get Cousins and a good QB prospect in the draft

I like #2. Call me crazy but I consider Smith to be a better QB than Cousins by a considerable amount.

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

Another Pegulas mistake....McDermott doesn't have the background or experience to run a team

Maybe not but Levy had his issues as well. Very serious issues.

21 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

This is a broad statement to conclude McD can’t run a team. As I’m sure you would agree, there are plenty of folks with “background or experience”who cannot run a team. Time will tell but evidence indicates McBeane have the team on the right track. 

I agree about Beane....not sure I want McDermott too have control over the roster. I prefer a GM to do that

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I like #2. Call me crazy but I consider Smith to be a better QB than Cousins by a considerable amount.

Maybe not but Levy had his issues as well. Very serious issues.

Yep but this isn't about Marv

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

As my source reported last Monday, the Bills and Chiefs have discussed trade for major player.  The chiefs want a second round pick and the Bills are not willing to part with a second for Alex Smith.  ( this is being predicted by espn and this story came out after I reported here) Bills are willing to part with a third and seventh for Smith.  This is why Beane was upset for not cutting marginal players for a compensatory third round pick for Gilmore ( again my source told us last week). The big debate at one bills drive is how to obtain quarterback.  My source says one camp wants to trade up in first round to obtain one the other camp want to make trade for Smith.  The thought is why mortgage the future for an unproved commodity.  Many at at one bills drive believe with an above average quarterback we would be at 9-4.  Would have won jets and bengals game.  The front office believes the only qb worth spending a first round pick, is Sam Darnold and he will not be available. The brass believes they can get Josh Allen in the second round without mortgaging the future.  We have too many holes to fill to trade away draft picks.  On running backs,  don’t fear, Shady is not going anywhere next year but bills will draft running back high next year ( first three rounds). They really like cadet as a change of pace back.  He is on the list to resign but they do not see him as a true second back if McCoy misses any time.

I thought you were finished with us?

Anyway, signing Alex Smith would be a very Billsy move. They should have made a hard play for him when he was leaving SF. Now is not the time. I would be really disappointed in the organization were this to happen.

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I thought you were finished with us?

Anyway, signing Alex Smith would be a very Billsy move. They should have made a hard play for him when he was leaving SF. Now is not the time. I would be really disappointed in the organization were this to happen.

....the OBD braintrusts and Masters of Quarterback Assessment & Development deemed him a "lateral move from Fitzy" and passed......

Well I don't know if this dude has a source or is just really good at putting together some educated guesses.  Some of this could make pretty good sense.  Unless Mahomes is completely terrible, I cant see KC keeping Smith next season.  Likely he will get traded or cut.  Smith carries a 20+ mil cap hit next year but only like 3.6 mil dead cap.

35 minutes ago, nucci said:

Yep but this isn't about Marv

I know. I was merely responding to the OP's comment (the one you responded to) about McDermott having this much power.

I think it is too early to tell whether or not it was a smart move to make him this strong.

In some ways, McDermott reminds me of Levy which is a tad unsettling. But he sure is 100x better than Rex, rookie mistakes notwithstanding.

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

I know. I was merely responding to the OP's comment (the one you responded to) about McDermott having this much power.

I think it is too early to tell whether or not it was a smart move to make him this strong.

In some ways, McDermott reminds me of Levy which is a tad unsettling. But he sure is 100x better than Rex, rookie mistakes notwithstanding.

We are in agreement about this

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

That's half of what makes it Billsy. Anyone with football acumen knew that wasn't the case.

....not only Billsy but downright depressing this organization can continually be so inept in dealing with the most critical position on the field post Kelly era..........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....not only Billsy but downright depressing this organization can continually be so inept in dealing with the most critical position on the field post Kelly era..........

This is true and not arguing or defending the Bills but many teams have had awful QBs for years as well

Just now, nucci said:

This is true and not arguing or defending the Bills but many teams have had awful QBs for years as well

....absolutely agree.......QB spot has been in free fall for years relative to quality collegians sans a few.......think Steve Young said it best, "more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed at the NFL level because of the speed and complexity of the game"......hell, some of these guys who have gone in the 1st over the last decade would NOT even be UDFA signings yesteryear......

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....absolutely agree.......QB spot has been in free fall for years relative to quality collegians sans a few.......think Steve Young said it best, "more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed at the NFL level because of the speed and complexity of the game"......hell, some of these guys who have gone in the 1st over the last decade would NOT even be UDFA signings yesteryear......

Most college QBs line up in shotgun no huddle....coach calls the play and they throw quickly to 1st open receiver....there's no reading the defense or learning how to run an offense

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Where is ESPN reporting Smith to Buffalo?

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

If you look at Bills history, the second best QB we've ever had may be Kelly's backup, Frank Reich.

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Most college QBs line up in shotgun no huddle....coach calls the play and they throw quickly to 1st open receiver....there's no reading the defense or learning how to run an offense

...100% agree......very few come out of a pro style offense.....shotgun-no huddle/spread/Air Raid styles put butts in the seats, make boosters happy and can lead to a mega millions bowl invitation....player development for the NFL is no longer a focus....NFL should have its own minor league system ala MLB,NHL, NBA, etc.......