More from obd

26 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

It might be true , I like the kid he doesn’t have a lot of fans at obd.  Beane has done an outstanding job of retooling our scouting department.  He should bring back our Dunkirk native Tom gibbons.  Tom was great

so what things did Tom do that was so great.  Is he your connection?

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Mayfield is the best QB in the draft imo. He is insanely accurate, sees the whole field (even at whatever height he may be), can make any throw to any part of the field, and can quickly process what he sees coverage wise to identify the open man. He's no Johnny Manziel. 

Can't wait to see him in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No buying it. Every fan boy has a board so do NFL teams. They certainly aren't set but they have a board.

Believe what you wish, that’s cool. I’m offering the insight based on intimate knowledge of several facets of the scouting process, the sheer amount of data to be compiled, and the availability of those who need to make decisions based on that data. They don’t waste time constructing boards until the principals involved have the time to devote to that particular facet. It’s a ways off at the moment. 

But given I’m an anonymous poster in a forum on the internet, I fully understand your reluctance to believe that. And that is totally cool with me. 

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....where is the Rudolph kid in your assessment....

I don't have him in the top 3 of Rosen, Darnold and Baker 

but he sits in the second class with guys like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen.

I can see him going late first or in the second.

He plays in a gimmicky offense which inflates stats but he is tough, has a good arm and good accuracy to multiple levels of the field

can float some passes off his back foot on occasion which he needs to clear up

but i would classify him as a rythem passer who can develop the skills to fit our offense

we need someone who comes in the game in rythem and can get hot with few passing attempts 

Baker is #1 in that category for me. He comes into the game on fire and completely in rythem all the time 

4 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I've shoveled and shoveled and Shoveled. Then I helped my neighbors shovel. The rest of the time I'm not sleeping, I come here for free entertainment. When the weather breaks, I'll go make a new friend.

Moving to Dunkirk? ;) 

17 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I guess what I have seen it technically not a draft board. It has everything a draft board has.  Tangibles and intangibles, ratings etc.  if it looks like a draft board and sounds like a draft board, it is a what?

Some sheets of paper with scribbled names on it?

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Outside of Rosen and Darnold Baker Mayfield can operate a west coast NFL offense better than any other QB in the draft.

Josh Allen cannot operate one right now

Baker has a strong arm... don't know where people are sayIng below average... and he has outstanding accuracy and touch from the pocket

If he is 6' tall which he should measure out at... the Bills would be dumb not to consider him with our 2nd first round pick 

He is miles ahead of Peterman , Josh Allen , Lamar Jackson and others 

He is also a 4 year starter 

If he's their starting QB of the future they'd be dumb to not take him with their 1st first round pick.

They've never done that in 60 years of drafting but gotta' wise-up sooner or later, right?

I've cited this a million times it seems but the Bills have picked eventual All Pros and future pro bowl non-QB's with their 1st picks in the first round a number of times during the drought..........and all they have to show for all of those picks this Sunday is rookie Tre'Davious White.

(Shaq is the only other former Bills 1st rounder on the roster but I think most realize he's not a first round talent by now and have written that pick down to a 3rd or 4th rounder to ease the disappointment of watching him act like the snap is a "suggestion" that he should get upfield).

You aren't vanquishing your roster by potentially wasting a pick on a franchise QB prospect.........get "the guy".

Edited by BADOLBILZ

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't have him in the top 3 of Rosen, Darnold and Baker 

but he sits in the second class with guys like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen.

I can see him going late first or in the second.

He plays in a gimmicky offense which inflates stats but he is tough, has a good arm and good accuracy to multiple levels of the field

can float some passes off his back foot on occasion which he needs to clear up

but i would classify him as a rythem passer who can develop the skills to fit our offense

we need someone who comes in the game in rythem and can get hot with few passing attempts 

Baker is #1 in that category for me. He comes into the game on fire and completely in rythem all the time 

...NO way in hell am I buying Dubious Dunkirk and his surrender of most top line draft capital for Cousins with this OBD gang......I'd rather overpay for a beer than Cousins.....so in the interest of REASONABLE preservation of draft capital with the number of holes to fill and based on your positional assessment, Rudolph may be the pick, sensible but not sexy with developmental work to do?...

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:
9 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I've shoveled and shoveled and Shoveled. Then I helped my neighbors shovel. The rest of the time I'm not sleeping, I come here for free entertainment. When the weather breaks, I'll go make a new friend.

Moving to Dunkirk? ;) 

Maybe. I've always wanted to live near Walleye Willies

3 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

Speaking for myself, I have a lot to do with my time, but I also need an escape from work so coming here and calling Don out on all of his BS is fun for me.  Sure, boredom maybe, but someone who is going to come here and flaunt the fact that he and his friends are hacking the Bills and stealing and disseminating inside information doesn't sit well with me.

If he really is doing it, well maybe it needed to be reported to the team. 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NO way in hell am I buying Dubious Dunkirk and his surrender of most top line draft capital for Cousins with this OBD gang......I'd rather overpay for a beer than Cousins.....so in the interest of REASONABLE preservation of draft capital with the number of holes to fill and based on your positional assessment, Rudolph may be the pick, sensible but not sexy with developmental work to do?...

Comon Man..... it would be the Billsy thing to do  ;) 

Mortgage the future and wind up in cap hell too ;) 

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If he's their starting QB of the future they'd be dumb to not take him with their 1st first round pick.

They've never done that in 60 years of drafting but gotta' wise-up sooner or later, right?

I've cited this a million times it seems but the Bills have picked eventual All Pros and future pro bowl non-QB's with their 1st picks in the first round a number of times during the drought..........and all they have to show for all of those picks this Sunday is rookie Tre'Davious White.

(Shaq is the only other former Bills 1st rounder on the roster but I think most realize he's not a first round talent by now and have written that pick down to a 3rd or 4th rounder to ease the disappointment of watching him act like the snap is a "suggestion" that he should get upfield).

You aren't vanquishing your roster by potentially wasting a pick on a franchise QB prospect.........get "the guy".

I completely agree

if he's your guy... you take him

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I can see them taking Rudolph if their top guy is gone. 

He has some work to do so I don't think he is day1 , year1 starter material 

if he is the pick I hope the Bills have a vet he can learn from. But his physical talent is pretty dang good.

and I like that he has an NFL body already

20 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I guess what I have seen it technically not a draft board. It has everything a draft board has.  Tangibles and intangibles, ratings etc.  if it looks like a draft board and sounds like a draft board, it is a what?

Agree I just know he will not be a buffalo bill 

Tangibles and intangibles? On the draft board? Really? I’m not sure what you saw,  but it wasn’t a draft board.  Those intangible profile aspects of a player won’t be weighed until several other boxes have been checked. Things like interviews with the players themselves, discussions with their coaches, background checks, etc. Heck, I’ve known high school teachers that were asked for character references about players in the past. It is just too early in the process at this time for any of this data to be compiled, let alone judged in assisting the construction of a draft board. 

54 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

If the deal falls through. This is all contigency planning for us at this time.  Every team plays the what if scenarios. The redskins are doing it right know. What if we don’t sign cousins, etc.  you just have to connect the dots

He is not on our board.   He is listed at 6 feet 1 in the guide but my source says he is under 6 feet tall with bad foot work and a below average armThe positives from the report is he is a winner, competitor, and smart

You are so full of s***.  Even if you had access to the draft board, which you don't and isn't even close to being completed, are you trying to say the Bills don't have a draftable grade on Mayfield?  Not even a 7th rounder?

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

You are so full of s***.  Even if you had access to the draft board, which you don't and isn't even close to being completed, are you trying to say the Bills don't have a draftable grade on Mayfield?  Not even a 7th rounder?

Hoping to sign him as a UDFA ;) 

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We were going to offer our two firsts, fourth and Glenn for cousins  but wait...... pm tomorrow for the the most recent update on all the bills news.  

Debatable. 

Will be in Frederick Maryland tomorrow hoping to connect with a friend inLeesburg but he won’t confirm whether he wants to meet.   Sounds c

kinda of shady

Sorry I had to shutdown my instant messenger but will have it back tomorrow 

We won’t overpay him and when you are unemployed qualifications go out the window.  I am very worried about who will be calling our plays next year

I will be pretty surprised if Downing takes the equivalent of an intern's role with the team after being an OC at the NFL level.

Again I say: you could very well have a person feeding you info; some of the things they've told you make very little sense to me.

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

If we had cousins, we beat the jets and bengals and have 11wins at a minimum that is the thinking at obd.

I don't know about the Jets but with Cousins I think we win Cincy, Carolina, maybe the first Patriots game too. I'm ok giving up both 1sts for him. That's the minimum of what it would cost to trade up for a completely unknown QB. I hope your info is right Don because I like the plan.

43 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Are we going after Star?

Dunkirk Don said in one of the threads he is our top free agent priority.

Edited by HappyDays

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Tangibles and intangibles? On the draft board? Really? I’m not sure what you saw,  but it wasn’t a draft board.  Those intangible profile aspects of a player won’t be weighed until several other boxes have been checked. Things like interviews with the players themselves, discussions with their coaches, background checks, etc. Heck, I’ve known high school teachers that were asked for character references about players in the past. It is just too early in the process at this time for any of this data to be compiled, let alone judged in assisting the construction of a draft board. 

Not to mention that apparently this scouting staff is the first ever to rate players from 0-100, and not from 1.0-9.0 or 1.0-8.0 as has been done for decades.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know about the Jets but with Cousins I think we win Cincy, Carolina, maybe the first Patriots game too. I'm ok giving up both 1sts for him. That's the minimum of what it would cost to trade up for a completely unknown QB. I hope your info is right Don because I like the plan.

Dunkirk Don said in one of the threads he is our top free agent priority.

...BREAKING news!......we NEVER tap the Carolina Connection......

22 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not to mention that apparently this scouting staff is the first ever to rate players from 0-100, and not from 1.0-9.0 or 1.0-8.0 as has been done for decades.

Scouts inc on ESPN is 0-100.  Not that I put a ton of stock in what McShay says or anything....

23 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, that really raised my antennae. There’s a reason the scale is kept minimal. 

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol:

Now thats A Level Trolling.  Well done!  :beer:

and a well earned spot......damn I'm humbled....I thought my Fandom Urinal Recognition Plaque was a formidable accomplishment....flush it...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Just now, Dunkirk Don said:

Rudolph is not coming to Buffalo. He is a low fifth round pick.  We have him seventh. He is a project

Obviously he is a project.

but stop sayIng we... you are not part of the Bills and are spouting opinions 

He is much better than Nathan Peterman who we took in the fifth round

he will go top 3 rounds guaranteed 

yours truly

russ Brandon 

7 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We only think darnold is a first round talent.  McDermott prefers a veteran quarterback and and Kirk Cousins is a top 10.  Look at his stats.  Name 10 quarterbacks with better stats over the last three years.  Don’t bother , u cannot.  Again he is just one option we have.  We have a quarterback contigency plan.  You wonder why McDermott favors cousins over a draft pick.  Cousins is proven. How many first round quarterbacks never turn out. Tim couch, Ryan Leaf rick Meier, Brady Quinn, etc etc etc.  we need a starter on day one.  The bills will sign a proven quarterback all dots point in that direction from the information we can gather.  

He will not be drafted before the Firth round this is shard by many at obd 

He is a 3 year starter at a power 5 conference. Has improved yearly and has an NFL frame

Blane Gabbert was drafted in the first round

There is zero chance he lasts until whatever the heck the firth round is

He is gone top 95 picks

Edited by Buffalo716

21 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This may be the best thing ive ever seen posted on this forum. Fantastic work.

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:
33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol:

Now thats A Level Trolling.  Well done!  :beer:

and a well earned spot......damn I'm humbled....I thought my Fandom Urinal Recognition Plaque was a formidable accomplishment....flush it...........

Thank you, Thank you very much. Just doing my part