End zone celebrations

Now I know why the NFL banned them; they are ridiculous and stupid,you scored a touchdown not won the Super Bowl get over yourselves.

Watching professional athletes acts like members of a high school drama club is sad and pathetic.

Spike the ball, do some chest bumps and get off the field.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

Mostly lame, but whatever. They are having fun and it’s a game. Go be lame and have some fun.

No thanks, they should spend more time on playing better than choreographing bad routines.

2 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

The NFL banned them because the opponents were reacting by pushing etc during the celebration. I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before the pushing starts again. I have see issues already. 

Good, hope brawls break, at least that would be fun to watch.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Get Off My Lawn!  They are fun fun fun with some of them being very creative. 

I have found some of them amusing. I'm fine with them ... so far. What I'm not fine with is a lot of the one the field/routine play (breaking up a pass, making a fairly ordinary catch) celebrating, much of which crosses that line into taunting in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

They're juvenile.  Self-absorbed.  

I thought the NFL ban was stupid, so bringing them back is a good thing.  But these skits are stupid.   Develop a simple, signature move, do it, and get off the field.   Frankly, that's what I like about Gronk.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I thought the Mile High Salute was a little corny back in the late 90s, but it's tame compared to the skits being acted today.  I tend not to pay attention to them, but they also give the cast of NFLN Good Morning Football something to talk about for a good portion of the show.

Wonder how much time these players spend rehearsing them.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I sense that there is a fairly large age divide on this. I’m 36 and think it’s great. The team photo is a little played out already but whatever. Go have some fun, it isn’t hurting anyone. 

I'm 54 and i have bigger things to worry about. Couldn't care less about the celebrations.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

really? for celebrating? Very dickish of you.

That what you get for acting like morons

6 minutes ago, fridge said:

I couldn't imagine letting something like this bother me.

It's just annoying, I'm not upset or want no celebrations but don't want to watch theses skits every time either.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Now I know why the NFL banned them; they are ridiculous and stupid,you scored a touchdown not won the Super Bowl get over yourselves.

Watching professional athletes acts like members of a high school drama club is sad and pathetic.

Spike the ball, do some chest bumps and get off the field.

I agree. These scripted group celebrations weren't seen much before the restrictions were put in. I remember years ago the Redskins had the "Fun Bunch" with a quick celebration but mostly it was individual celebrations. It's pretty lame to mimic child games like leapfrog.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

It's just annoying, I'm not upset or want no celebrations but don't want to watch theses skits every time either.

You're not upset? You started a thread about it...

You don't have to watch "these skits".  I might even agree with you that they're very rarely entertaining or funny, but at the same time it's a great time to get up and grab a beer, more food, go to the bathroom, etc. I'm usually too busy high-fiving and talking about the play to even notice  the celebration after the Bills score.

2 minutes ago, fridge said:

You're not upset? You started a thread about it...

You don't have to watch "these skits".  I might even agree with you that they're very rarely entertaining or funny, but at the same time it's a great time to get up and grab a beer, more food, go to the bathroom, etc. I'm usually too busy high-fiving and talking about the play to even notice  the celebration after the Bills score.

Just annoyed. Don't have to be upset to start a thread.

Since I'm watching the game kind of have to watch the bad acting, I'm not changing the channel ever time some diva does their dance routine.

Just now, JerseyBills said:

They are getting so annoying.

Anyone notice Bills players don't do it? I love it.. Shady has his dance, besides that,none of this ridiculous group nonsense that's getting played out real quick.

You mut have missed Zay Jones' Star Wars Light Sabre Battle against the NYJ. 

I'm normally the type where I think the player should act like they've been there before.  Professional, you know.

That said, the celebrations that I've seen have been pretty fun.  Go for it!

(I should say that I don't really watch a lot of football anymore, so my opinion may change if I did watch more of it.)

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

True. I remember. But overall, it seems we don't do much of those celebrations, compared to rest of league.

It's probably just because we don't score a lot or have much to celebrate.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Talley56 said:

Love the celebrations.  The way I see it, let them have some fun.  As long as they aren’t taunting they aren’t hurting anyone.

But they are taunting.  That's the whole point.

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Pretty soon teams are going to hire team choreographers like team chaplains and team psychiatrists. 

The $$$$ is there.  Feed the conspicuous consumption. :(

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Pretty soon teams are going to hire team choreographers like team chaplains and team psychiatrists. 

And will be the highest paid member on the staff :lol:

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

How so?  If they are just doing a skit?

They should be focusing on how to attack the defense next, these glee performances are a complete waste of time.

43 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't mind, but it does point to how shameless people are becoming. The choreographed routines, take time and energy to practice.  That time and energy is shamelessly misguided and not prudent. IMO, better spent elsewhere.  The over the top stuff just isn't classy.  It destroys honorable gamesmanship.

They aren't using practice time to do this. I think they're corny for the most part but going off of that, and it destroying "honorable gamesmanship" which simply doesn't exist in the NFL is just a joke.

I just wish they were better. These celebrations suck, TO with the Sharpe, popcorn, or pom-poms, or the star, or Moss with the fake moon in Green Bay, or Joe Horn with the cell phone. Those were all funny as hell to me. 

Or how about Stevie vs the Jets with the plane crash or the time he did the Plaxico and shot himself in the leg. The guys are just lame in the league now. 

4 minutes ago, re enlightener said:

yet you have time to write how you dont have time to worry about them.  shouldnt you be worrying about something instead?

I'm totally lost. You're being sarcastic right? 

The NFL brought them back to help with the slumping ratings, but the ridiculousness of the celebrations is turning off as many people as the anthem protests...

They know they have a league on the decline, next we'll see jumping shark halftime shows.