I'm done

row_33

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

After cheering and betting on them and seasons tickets for various decades since 1973, I've had enough.

Football is losing me anyways, and I have trouble justifying what it is doing to the kids and men on the field.

This latest fiasco with the Bills has been a dagger for me.

When someone posts "they are done" their account should be locked and IP address blocked.

It is like the jumper on the bridge who wants attention and causes a multi hour traffic jam.

"Jump! Jump!"

• Like (+1) 1

People laying it on pretty thick. A couple little jokes or some words of encouragement was really all that was needed in my opinion. 

More wood for the fires of our neighbors.

Edited by Lfod

58 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Good thing I missed this game.  Was putting snow tires on son's vehicle, then we went out to dinner. While driving, I asked for one and needed only one update.

I am as fresh a daisy when it comes to the Bills. Missed the worst pasting ever.

I am in for the haul!  What more can go wrong! They can't toss 6 next week.

:D

Same here;  I was planting trees with the Girl Scouts.  Checked the phone once, saw the INT total and figured it would at least be a fun week on this board!  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

When someone posts "they are done" their account should be locked and IP address blocked.

It is like the jumper on the bridge who wants attention and causes a multi hour traffic jam.

"Jump! Jump!"

AGREE.

Threads like thes should be locked. 

Like the cash out thread.  

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

After cheering and betting on them and seasons tickets for various decades since 1973, I've had enough.

Football is losing me anyways, and I have trouble justifying what it is doing to the kids and men on the field.

There has to be a workable solution for you.

How about disregarding the Bills regular season but then going too the Bills playoff games?

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

If nothing else stay and be entertained by the trolly hot takes on here.

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

Dont go yet, man..........you're going to miss the historic epic meltdown of this franchise in years.

The suspense is killing me.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but it sounds like if we were 8-2 or 9-1, you would be cheering us on?!?! Forgetting the part about what it does to kids and men on the field. Be real, man! You're pissed we suck. Has nothing to do with the safety of children and men. Again, that's if I'm not reading you wrong.

hiii.gif

I can relate to what OP's feeling. I'm sure I'll tune in next season but for now apathy has set in.

I still peruse the site out of habit, but I'm really not interested enough to click on many threads.

The only thing I find interesting about football right now is my fantasy team and the 2018 draft class.

4 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

There has to be a workable solution for you.

How about disregarding the Bills regular season but then going too the Bills playoff games?

Assuming that the Bills make the playoffs any time before 2030 might be a tad optimistic given the brilliance of the current coaching regime and the team's play on the field.

25 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I can relate to what OP's feeling. I'm sure I'll tune in next season but for now apathy has set in.

I still peruse the site out of habit, but I'm really not interested enough to click on many threads.

The only thing I find interesting about football right now is my fantasy team and the 2018 draft class.

I think many football fans these days are so because of fantasy football.  You are probably not alone there.

8 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Get back to me when we draft our Pat Kane and Jonathan Toews.

Well in theory we already have.

Their names are Sam Reinhart and Jack Eichel.

The problem is Reinhart/Eichel are not equal to Kane/Toews or Crosby/Malkin.

Still can't  believe we endured an entire season of tank hockey, some of the worst in the history of the franchise...an entire season...for Sam Reinhart.  He's not that good.

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

Football is losing me anyways,

I've felt that way for a couple of seasons now. I used to watch almost every Bills' game. These last few years I have been watching fewer and fewer. It is a weird how that happens.

Edited by Paulus

28 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I've felt that way for a couple of seasons now. I used to watch almost every Bills' game. These last few years I have been watching fewer and fewer. It is a weird how that happens.

What this place needs a lot more of is posts from people who don't watch the games. 

19 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

What this place needs a lot more of is posts from people who don't watch the games. 

Yeah, you're right. I just don't care as much. I have zero faith in this team. I watch when I can. 

Probably, should have went to the Chargers game, but spent it with the kiddo at hockey. I mean, crap like that may have an effect on why I care a lot less. I mean, I was in the last 6 in the survivor pool in this league for the board and the Bills lost to the Jets, after I broke my rule and wagered on them in any capacity. I wear rose glasses when it come to the Bills. A lot of us do. It is just that the razors didn't come until I bit into the cake. Again.

Yeah, I am miserable about it. I want Peterman to run the first drive and then Tyrod to have some ungodly fire lit under his ass for the second. It does not matter. Throw it all at the wall and see what sticks. Hell, run both QBs, maybe a college gimmick will help the team. For now.

Edited by Paulus

6 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

What is a Browns fan supposed to think?

It could always be worse.

At least the Browns are competitive.  You can't say that about the Bills in the last three games ... and likely not into the future, either.

17 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

The Browns at least are going for the #1 pick this draft.  The Bills will remain in 7-9 to 9-7 hell yet again.

What good would the #1 pick do the Bills?  They would probably draft a DB or RB or trade back to the middle of first round for a couple of thirds and a sixth that could become a fifth.

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

At least the Browns are competitive.  You can't say that about the Bills in the last three games ... and likely not into the future, either.

What good would the #1 pick do the Bills?  They would probably draft a DB or RB or trade back to the middle of first round for a couple of thirds and a sixth that could become a fifth.

no you're just whining for the sake of whining.  come on now.

There is something so heartwarming about the cycle of the seasons.  The obligatory R-E-L-A-X post, followed by the "(Increasingly Far-Fetched) Scenarios in Which We Still Make the Playoffs," which will always be followed by the "I'm Officially Done With This Team" post, which will weirdly incur the wrath of other fans posting snarky "have a good life" responses.  There is kind of a lull right about now, but then the annual firings and talk of wildly improbable trade rumors and ridiculous suggestions of free agent acquisitions (prediction: this year's version will feature Drew Brees) will serve to carry us well into the new year. And then we will all be back in the fold by the time of the draft, with many comments about how we're winning the offseason again, which is kind of as important as winning in the real season to a Bills fan.  Happy Thanksgiving, Bills faithful!

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 1