Now that Nathan Petterman is the starter?

fansince88

What do you think needs to be the record over the next 7 (seven) weeks to say he is our man? Is it wins and losses or is it x amount of points a week? Is it compete with the Pats and win one of the two games? 

I will say I felt they would do better to start him day 1 so Im excited. That said I want to see 4-5 wins for the remainder of the season. I also want to see sustained drives and scoring on the first drive. He can do it I believe. If he does that. Use the large number of drafts build a team around him. What ya think?

Edited by fansince88

Anything he does from here on out should not impact the long term plans that (we hope) they have in place.

If Peterman plays lights out, perhaps that keeps the Bills from mortgaging their stockpile of picks for a QB. Should still use one of those firsts for a QB with less flaws than NP. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

really man, this didn't need it's own thread and could of went in one of the half dozen or so on the front page.

just sayin'

All the multiple posts are like it or not or TT should play. Im asking what you need to see frm Nathan to like us not taking a first rounder. Hope that explains it better for you.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:16 PM, fansince88 said:

All the multiple posts are like it or not or TT should play. Im asking what you need to see frm Nathan to like us not taking a first rounder. Hope that explains it better for you.

sorry if I stepped on your toes there.

pretty simple really, win football games. thing is, unless the defense picks up it wont really matter.

my gut tells me the offense will perform much better with the kid under center. maybe if the offense can sustain drives, score points all the while giving the defense the rest it needs it could very well turn things around. I am anxious to see how it unfolds sunday for sure.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Anything he does from here on out should not impact the long term plans that (we hope) they have in place.

If Peterman plays lights out, perhaps that keeps the Bills from mortgaging their stockpile of picks for a QB. Should still use one of those firsts for a QB with less flaws than NP. 

This x1000. The bills need a QB. You find your guy this year in the draft and you get him even if Peterman plays lights out. 

Worst case scenario,: Peterman turns out to be the next Tom Brady and he is our franchise guy. Even if we mortgage the draft to pick somebody we grade higher, then we still have spent 2 1st's and a 5th to get our guy for the next 10-15 years. Well worth the cost. 

How many "points" does Peterson get for making the playoffs? What I am saying is I don't think you can measure his value just by arbitrary TDs/Ints stats... He is a "rookie" and is gonna make some mistakes... I wanna see how much he grows between now and the end of the season... Will he put in the necessary time in the film room? How "coachable" is he? Let's see what he has got under the hood, you know?

Really hard to say without know Peterman will do from the opening drive of the 1st quarter.  We'll know soon enough.

3 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

Should have replaced the guy named Dennison.

This would help.  Take Castillo with him, as well as Ducasse.  The three of them can move on together to the next team that desires an abject failure on offense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

sorry if I stepped on your toes there.

pretty simple really, win football games. thing is, unless the defense picks up it wont really matter.

my gut tells me the offense will preform much better with the kid under center. maybe if the offense can sustain drives, score points all the while giving the defense the rest it needs it could very well turn things around. I am anxious to see how it unfolds sunday for sure.

No need to be sorry. Its cool. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

How many "points" does Peterson get for making the playoffs? What I am saying is I don't think you can measure his value just by arbitrary TDs/Ints stats... He is a "rookie" and is gonna make some mistakes... I wanna see how much he grows between now and the end of the season... Will he put in the necessary time in the film room? How "coachable" is he? Let's see what he has got under the hood, you know?

Trust me the coach wouldn't put him in unless he put in the work.

Peterman said after the NO game that he prepares like he is going to play every week and I Billieve him

39 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

What do you think needs to be the record over the next 6 weeks to say he is our man? Is it wins and losses or is it x amount of points a week? Is it compete with the Pats and win one of the two games? 

I will say I felt they would do better to start him day 1 so Im excited. That said I want to see 4-5 wins for the remainder of the season. I also want to see sustained drives and scoring on the first drive. He can do it I believe. If he does that. Use the large number of drafts build a team around him. What ya think?

Are you expecting him to get benched for the final game? 7 game remain. Also you cant put the wins or losses solely on him. 

You have to figure:

Adequate QB play wins you the bolts, colts and phish at home. Draft best QB with 1st rd 1 pick they hold

Add KC or phish on the road as wins . Draft a QB somewhere in 1st two rounds.

Make the play offs. Use the first 6 picks to build around him and either get a vet in FA or a late rounder to back him up. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

You have to figure:

Adequate QB play wins you the bolts, colts and phish at home. Draft best QB with 1st rd 1 pick they hold

Make the play offs. Use the first 6 picks to build around him and either get a vet in FA or a late rounder to back him up. 

Sounds good to me.

24 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Are you expecting him to get benched for the final game? 7 game remain. Also you cant put the wins or losses solely on him. 

Lol. Dang small keyboard! As far as wins and losses on him? Yes and no. If he is putting up TD and our D still lays an egg, no. If he is costing games because he is throwing pick 6's yes.  BTW. Fixed my small key big thumbs issue.

28 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

You have to figure:

Great points. You can get a real good backup in the back of 1 to begining of 2. If he proves himself to be a good backup you can get a good started earlier in the 1.

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Really hard to say without know Peterman will do from the opening drive of the 1st quarter.  We'll know soon enough.

This would help.  Take Castillo with him, as well as Ducasse.  The three of them can move on together to the next team that desires an abject failure on offense.

Dont forget Tolbert 

1 hour ago, billsfan60 said:

You have to figure:

this seems like a very plausible plan.

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

What do you think needs to be the record over the next 7 (seven) weeks to say he is our man? Is it wins and losses or is it x amount of points a week? Is it compete with the Pats and win one of the two games? 

I don't think it's record as much as overall performance. If the D keeps schitting the bed we might not win many. 

53 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Lol. Dang small keyboard! As far as wins and losses on him? Yes and no. If he is putting up TD and our D still lays an egg, no. If he is costing games because he is throwing pick 6's yes.  BTW. Fixed my small key big thumbs issue.

Great points. You can get a real good backup in the back of 1 to begining of 2. If he proves himself to be a good backup you can get a good started earlier in the 1.

I was just having fun with a fellow fan lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't think it's record as much as overall performance. If the D keeps schitting the bed we might not win many. 

Pretty much this.

I want to see his accuracy and ability to lead a WR open to make a catch. He's going to make rookie mistakes and people need to understand this. It's all about progression and if he plays better throughout his starts.

That said though, if he manages to beat the Pats twice somehow this year he is our Franchise QB :)

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Dont forget Tolbert 

Nah, Tolbert has a place on this team: short yardage and goal line situations.

We've been incorrectly using him as a RB2, which he clearly is not.

I don't expect much change at all.  Switching QBs doesn't stop a swiss cheese defense from still being swiss cheese.  Peterman may do a little better than Tyrod.  He may do a little worse.  He may be exactly the same.  If you expect that Peterman is the difference against a team that scores 40 points then I think you are crazy.

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Trust me the coach wouldn't put him in unless he put in the work.

Peterman said after the NO game that he prepares like he is going to play every week and I Billieve him

Those are the kinds of intangibles, among others, that the Bills FO and HC are gonna judge him on at seasons end... It was said that he may have been the most prepared QB available in last years QB draft class... He seems like he makes quick reads and gets rid of the ball quickly... With all the QB's that the Bills have passed on in recent years maybe they will have stumbled into something good for a change... At least now maybe we'll know what he might become with the right coaching and development...

Hes got to be held to high standards to make the fo not draft a qb high. Needs to win games with his arm. Show some 4th quarter comeback ability, audibles, defensive coverage reading, good decision making. Its gonna be fun to watch. I feel bad for Tyrod but im sure hell get another shot on a better teamm later on. Lets see how good Dennison really is. He is now on the hot seat. If this offense doesnt get rolling with NP then Dennison. Ducasse. Castillo should all be gone at the end of this year. Fied. Jettisoned. Tarred and chicken winged.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:07 PM, fansince88 said:

Really? This could not go in the Nate Peterman to start this week thread? or how about Predicting remaining record with Peterman vs. Tyrod or how about How Many Starts Do You Need for a Fair Evaluation?

This place is like an ADHD kids dream.  Doctor! Ritalin!

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, simool said:

Really? This could not go in the Nate Peterman to start this week thread? or how about Predicting remaining record with Peterman vs. Tyrod or how about How Many Starts Do You Need for a Fair Evaluation?

This place is like an ADHD kids dream.  Doctor! Ritalin!

Great addition to the post. And great stab at kids with ADHD and people having no choice but to use anti-depresant drugs. What is the reason you found it nessasary to be so rude? I think I may not care for you too much. Second chance initiated. 

EDIT: Never mind. Just looked at all your replies to other posts the last few days. Second chance revoked.

Edited by fansince88

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Great addition to the post. And great stab at kids with ADHD and people having no choice but to use anti-depresant drugs. What is the reason you found it nessasary to be so rude? I think I may not care for you too much. Second chance initiated. 

EDIT: Never mind. Just looked at all your replies to other posts the last few days. Second chance revoked.

My addition to your post is actually in 26's thread on Peterman starting this week.

You feel I am rude? I think I had a pretty valid question about why the new thread when I instantly saw three that would seem to make sense to post these thoughts. You feel the fact I stated about kids with ADHD was a stab? It was fact. I have a son that is ADHD and he will readily admit that he has a tendency to scatter and has to work very hard to stay organized. 

I was not intending to be rude or make stabs, I feel you are overly sensitive.  You declaring that you don't care for me too much and you are not going to give me another chance seems to confirm my feelings.

Golly... I think I will make it.