Now that Nathan Petterman is the starter?

fansince88

7 hours ago, simool said:

My addition to your post is actually in 26's thread on Peterman starting this week.

You feel I am rude? I think I had a pretty valid question about why the new thread when I instantly saw three that would seem to make sense to post these thoughts. You feel the fact I stated about kids with ADHD was a stab? It was fact. I have a son that is ADHD and he will readily admit that he has a tendency to scatter and has to work very hard to stay organized. 

I was not intending to be rude or make stabs, I feel you are overly sensitive.  You declaring that you don't care for me too much and you are not going to give me another chance seems to confirm my feelings.

Golly... I think I will make it.

You posted 5 or 6 other titles in your reply about other posts that I could have put my post in. Added nothing to the original post. And when I looked at a few of those posts they were all (ones I looked at) after mine!!! Meanwhile all your replies to Petterman posts I saw were argumentive. BTW, turn on your sarcasm meter or at least get it tested. Im not thinking it is working. This is a forum. A great place to a)make friends b) meet fellow Bills fans. 3) no time to make enemies.

On 11/15/2017 at 4:07 PM, fansince88 said:

What do you think needs to be the record over the next 7 (seven) weeks to say he is our man? Is it wins and losses or is it x amount of points a week? Is it compete with the Pats and win one of the two games? 

I will say I felt they would do better to start him day 1 so Im excited. That said I want to see 4-5 wins for the remainder of the season. I also want to see sustained drives and scoring on the first drive. He can do it I believe. If he does that. Use the large number of drafts build a team around him. What ya think?

It might not be so much the wins but how well he moves the offense. If the defense doesn't come back then we might not win much but Peterman could still light it up.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:22 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

my gut tells me the offense will perform much better with the kid under center. maybe if the offense can sustain drives, score points all the while giving the defense the rest it needs it could very well turn things around. I am anxious to see how it unfolds sunday for sure.

Agreed, but what concerns me is that the OL looks as if it is at least starting to suck, meaning that maybe it was already weak with Taylor masking it ala Flutie.

This kid isn't elusive like Tyrod and imo will get killed unless the OL picks up their game by a considerable margin.

I too am very anxious to see what happens but perhaps a tad less optimistic than you. Once again, all we have is hope.

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Agreed, but what concerns me is that the OL looks as if it is at least starting to suck, meaning that maybe it was already weak with Taylor masking it ala Flutie.

This kid isn't elusive like Tyrod and imo will get killed unless the OL picks up their game by a considerable margin.

I too am very anxious to see what happens but perhaps a tad less optimistic than you. Once again, all we have is hope.

My GUESS is that the eventual evaluation of NP will be that the Bills braintrust rushed him into a starting role before he was ready.  He was a consensus 5th round draftee.  Though generally many scouts felt he was actually the most starter ready of the QBs in the draft but no one mistook him for Luck (and look how this investment has gone).

In the end, if our porous OL gives up a hit causing injury to NP we may miss having a QB with escapability of Tyrod.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

You posted 5 or 6 other titles in your reply about other posts that I could have put my post in. Added nothing to the original post. And when I looked at a few of those posts they were all (ones I looked at) after mine!!! Meanwhile all your replies to Petterman posts I saw were argumentive. BTW, turn on your sarcasm meter or at least get it tested. Im not thinking it is working. This is a forum. A great place to a)make friends b) meet fellow Bills fans. 3) no time to make enemies.

You obviously have reading comprehension issues.  You might want to get that checked out.

I did add to the original post, and if you had bothered to read the board you would have seen it, it's in the Peterman is starting this week thread.  In your additional, unneccessary thread I posted this train wreck that you now find yourself participating in.  Gold star for you.  So I referenced 3 threads in my original post which you believe added nothing (post 3 now, so we are adding something) to the original post (which was redundant anyway). The very first one I listed by 26 was created Wednesday morning well before yours. I did not even look at the dates on the others because I was mainly using them to prove a point. So my apologies, 1 thing you have stated is actually correct.  Second gold star for you.

If all of the Peterman posts you read were argumentative, I suspect it is a similar situation to you misstating what I posted and how many times here.  Might want to check again. I believe when you are stating "ALL" you are embellishing.  Sarcasm meter? For what? to protect overly sensitive people who probably just need to grow a set?

Anything short of a SB appearance and I'm still drafting a QB in the first. It is the best way for competition to find the best franchise worthy QB they can. The winner stays as our starter while loser gets traded for another draft pick after a few seasons of paying two rookie contracts. IMO

I like Peterman but I really like the idea of having two guys to push each other for the franchise roll. For so long here they have gone all in on one and never had the true fight of two very good QBs to win the job and the fans true support.

Eitherway with Tyrod leaving at the end of the season they still have to draft a QB to replace him why not go big with a move up in the draft by trading and take a top talent. Depending on how well Peterman does is what will determine if we trade up or just take one where we are slotted. Tyrods contract money can be used to fill in a different spot from the FA market.

IMO once the franchise QB slot is determined in a few seasons  and the other is traded they again need to do what NE does and draft another somewhat high to be the backup, please for the love of the Bills stay away from other teams backup piles. NE pays the backups on rookie contracts then trades them.

Go Peterman, Go Bills

Edit.

If for some reason Peterman doesn't do as well this season we already have the answer, go big and trade up to take one of the top 3 guys in 2018 draft. Id then expect Peterman to be a backup for a few seasons.

Edited by xRUSHx

Rush I think if NP gives the team what it needs in a QB....... which is consistently moving the chains with a balanced attack you don't spend the draft picks on a big name that could be a bust.

Everyone wants this first round savior and it could wind up blowing up in our faces.

If the kid is good that should be enough to show that they build the team with the draft capital and get another mid rounder or a Vet FA as BU..

On 11/17/2017 at 9:44 AM, JMF2006 said:

Rush I think if NP gives the team what it needs in a QB....... which is consistently moving the chains with a balanced attack you don't spend the draft picks on a big name that could be a bust.

Everyone wants this first round savior and it could wind up blowing up in our faces.

If the kid is good that should be enough to show that they build the team with the draft capital and get another mid rounder or a Vet FA as BU..

Exactly!  Immagine  the holes they could fill. 

Eye test.....you know when you know.......if he can perform admirably (and hopefully not get clobberd out of the game tomorrow) over the next few games with an abismal offensive lline and worse run defence and still be consistant in moving the chains regardless......than yeah we just may have something,,,,,poor kid def has his work cut out for  him....

Edited by JPP