How long until McD calm, relaxed, public demeanor wears thin??

zow2

I don't think it's a bad thing.  He's the captain of the ship so he needs to lead by example.   I mean you see other coaches like Adam Gase or McAdoo express some emotion and it hasn't done anything to make their teams win more.

At some point though, maybe if they get steamrolled again I'd like to see McDermott consider spreading the healthy scratches around.  I don't think any player wants that on his resume,...knowing he was scratched and not dinged up.  I'm sure that stuff gets around league circles in a hurry.  I don't see a fire getting lit under these guys.  After the Jets game i thought they'd come out and be raving lunatics at home.  And they knew the Saints were running and couldn't stop it.  They also could not run or pass.  I'd like to see some urgency.

I hope this doesnt get interpreted as being insulting.

A leader doesnt have to be some loud oft putting blowhard that screams at his players ala big tuna. There are many ways to show leadership and lead the team. Subtle changes to ones style happen over time and experience, however, Sean got to where he is at currently in his profession by being him; putting up a facade at this point would be dishonest and easily recognizable.

I see him being 100% the way he has always been calm and in complete control emotionally and within the team confines.

• Thank you (+1) 1

We need to find something he does and turn it into something we can't stand and has to be fired for. With Wade Phillips it was his drawl and not wearing a head set. Jauron was "it's hard to win in the NFL." Marrone was "obviously." Rex was...pretty much everything. Clapping and Process are the leading candidates for McDermott. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We need to find something he does and turn it into something we can't stand and has to be fired for. With Wade Phillips it was his drawl and not wearing a head set. Jauron was "it's hard to win in the NFL." Marrone was "obviously." Rex was...pretty much everything. Clapping and Process are the leading candidates for McDermott. 

so true.

"people are the worst" - Seinfeld

- Dubs

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's that Helium voice!!

47 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

McDermott seems like an intense guy, this type of **** has to got to be making him real angry

I'm sure he is pretty fired-up behind closed doors.  Esp after the D-line got shoved everywhere.  And his support of TT is very timid, IMO.  

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah I hear you. Bills fans wanting change latch on to that.

to be clear Rex catch phrase was "absolutely" and McDerma is "phenomenal" before season and "process" in season.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How about his clapping process? 

Honestly, watching McDermott's press conference yesterday infuriated me. The prototypical coach answers like "we believe in him" and "were confident in our guys" blah blah. You know you sound like every other coach that's been here the last 17 years?? Can you please for the love of the fans act like you're concerned about these last 2 weeks? Can you please act like this team has looked as opposed to the most flat answers you can possibly give. 

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Honestly, watching McDermott's press conference yesterday infuriated me. The prototypical coach answers like "we believe in him" and "were confident in our guys" blah blah. You know you sound like every other coach that's been here the last 17 years?? Can you please for the love of the fans act like you're concerned about these last 2 weeks? Can you please act like this team has looked as opposed to the most flat answers you can possibly give. 

Well, he's not going to publicly slam his coaches and players and point out their faults.  That's why these pressers are worthless, they will not tell you what the coach is really thinking.

2 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

I hope this doesnt get interpreted as being insulting.

A leader doesnt have to be some loud oft putting blowhard that screams at his players ala big tuna. There are many ways to show leadership and lead the team. Subtle changes to ones style happen over time and experience, however, Sean got to where he is at currently in his profession by being him; putting up a facade at this point would be dishonest and easily recognizable.

I see him being 100% the way he has always been calm and in complete control emotionally and within the team confines.

Great point. It's the person that's best able to keep his head when those all around him are losing theirs that makes the best type of leader. 

That said, I don't think McD hesitates for a moment to lose it in front of the team at certain times, especially those that may be feeling sorry for themselves because Dareus was traded, etc. Veteran purges are common for rebuilding teams and it's never popular in the locker room in the short term. 

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Well, he's not going to publicly slam his coaches and players and point out their faults.  That's why these pressers are worthless, they will not tell you what the coach is really thinking.

I get that, but can he at least sound a little concerned? Your  team played horrendous 2 weeks in a row and one of them you had 10 days prep. Don't act like you're just gonna watch tape and fix things. 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I get that, but can he at least sound a little concerned? Your  team played horrendous 2 weeks in a row and one of them you had 10 days prep. Don't act like you're just gonna watch tape and fix things. 

Some people (and not just coaches) are not as animated as others.  People have different personalities, McDermott is very reserved.  I don't think we should take that as him being unconcerned.  I have to believe he is concerned because what's happening now reflects poorly on him.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

4cPt7gc.gif

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I don't think it's a bad thing.  He's the captain of the ship so he needs to lead by example.   I mean you see other coaches like Adam Gase or McAdoo express some emotion and it hasn't done anything to make their teams win more.

At some point though, maybe if they get steamrolled again I'd like to see McDermott consider spreading the healthy scratches around.  I don't think any player wants that on his resume,...knowing he was scratched and not dinged up.  I'm sure that stuff gets around league circles in a hurry.  I don't see a fire getting lit under these guys.  After the Jets game i thought they'd come out and be raving lunatics at home.  And they knew the Saints were running and couldn't stop it.  They also could not run or pass.  I'd like to see some urgency.

Not sure where this comes from, as he gets angry and fired up in the game all the time.  I dont expert nor want our coach to come out into the press and start freaking out.  Thats for him to do to his players behind closed doors, we don't need a coach that is trying to coach or send messages through the media for the benefit of fans.

McDermott always references studying the tape and getting better everyday. 

I'd like to see that in reality with his team. 

His defense has allowed 12, 9, 16, 17, 20, 27, 14, 34, 47. They're getting worse.

And the offense has show no signs off correcting a huge flaw - getting WRs involved. 

But it at least we have that rock solid Special Teams, with Brandon Tate giving us awesome returns. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

16 hours ago, zow2 said:

Always remain calm, throwing a tantrum makes you look like a baby. I've been in some really bad situations in life, being calm, patient and composed and think you're way through it. Sometimes the results aren't pretty but you'll make better decisions that can put you in a better position in the future. McAdoo is a !@#$ing bum, I'd be disappointed if McDermott acted like that.

18 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And!.... what happens when he's rocking gloves? Who will hear that muffled clapping then? Is he not a cold weather coach? 

If a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound?    Get back to doing what you do to make us respectable in some way shape or form.  

• Thank you (+1) 1