[Misleading Title]Watkins won’t resign in LA

[This is an automated response]The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I find it hard to believe he will resign there as it appears he is unhappy with his usage there so far. Would you want the bills to try to sign him in the off-season?  You know the Pats will try to sign him for sure, to play opposite Cooks. It would be crazy to see Benjamin and Watkins on the field together.

Don't title your post like that. This is a prediction based on no evidence. 

Unless he catches fire like he did during the second half of the 2015 season, he's probably going to be a tad disappointed once he sees the offers he gets in free agency. I'm sure he believes he's worth a big money contract but, like I said, unless he lights it up over these final eight games, he may end up signing a one-year "prove it" deal somewhere. I believe the primary reason in trading him stemmed from the belief that he would likely not re-sign here after not having his 5th year option picked up so they pulled off the trade in order to get something for him rather than watching him walk next March. I know he recently said he didn't have his head in the right place while he was here, he admitted to being bummed about his numbers even in games they won. Despite that, he said some good things during his time here and it felt like he was emerging as a leader. He wasn't afraid to speak up and he said at one point if guys weren't buying in they needed to go. And I can't blame him for speaking up about his lack of targets. I mean, who uses a player like that as a decoy? Not sure what's keeping him from being more involved in LA but the dude is still young and could very well realize all that potential. 

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

He will look to get big money and his production does not indicate he should get it.  Personally, I think he is more hype than reality and the Bills will not be among the teams interested in pursuing him.

Got to agree with this. They dumped him for a reason. I doubt they will want him back. Does not seem to be the "team player" type that Bean and McD are looking for. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There may be a better chance for him to resign than re-sign. 

He resigned from his little job to re-sign with his big job? 

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

misleading title

Even Nostradamus left himself some wiggle room. There’s an art to this stuff! 

They gave up a lot for a one year rental. It looks like they may have painted themselves into a corner. That’s the way I saw it from the beginning. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

don't want him here. we small job folk could care less about watkins. they did the right thing trading him away.

well that's the culture that need to change if you want to win in this league it will be necessary for you simple small minded folk to play with the big boys. Keep talent  

Watkins could have a big second half of the season and get a big long-term contract but right now he is probably looking at a 1 year $7M-$8M type prove-it deal like Terrell Pryor got in Washington.   In that case I'd LOVE to have him back at the X position opposite Benjamin and Zay Jones for a season.   Highly unlikely, but I'd love to see it.

He is serving a purpose in LA.......people laugh at the decoy stuff but when Watkins is covered by Richard Sherman or Josh Norman that makes Bob Woods and Cooper Kupp look A LOT better in their matchups against much lesser CB's.     They can't pay $12M-$15M per year for that but with him the Rams offense has been ridiculous.........Watkins is the deep threat and the WR's and TE's are running so wide open underneath that they just rarely need to take long shots.   I watched the game against the Giants and Goff only looked his way a few times the entire game.   The Rams may be the luckiest team in terms of running into teams that are half-in quit mode too.........the Giants just dogassed that entire game.....McAdoo is f*cked.

41 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

well that's the culture that need to change if you want to win in this league it will be necessary for you simple small minded folk to play with the big boys. Keep talent  

I'm sure they'll win or lose, without him. no need to keep hanging on to hopes of a player that will never be in a bills uniform again. time to move on

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

IT would be intersting if he was to resign with Buffalo.  With them doing the Carolina trade they dont have the cap space to even sign him.  

Huge longshot that he would be back with Bills..........but don't believe the poor cap situation hype.  

This team is in incredible long range cap shape........mainly because of a lack of young talent to pay and tons of expiring contracts over the next couple seasons.......talent-wise they are going to have to draft pretty well for a couple seasons to hope to replenish what they are losing........but they can pretty much make whatever moves they desire wrt the cap........the cap situation is a strength, for whatever that's worth.

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There may be a better chance for him to resign than re-sign. 

Upon returning after my little hiatus, I noticed an unusual number of people using "resign", when they mean re-sign. So many, in fact, I sort of became convinced that it became a TSW "thing", like "common man" for c'mon man (which I still don't like).  Did that indeed happen, or are more and more posters that ignorant?

(Well, both of those could be true.)

49 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What about his left? B-)

We could have are own thread like this! 

I do wonder how many that would just blow right past.... 

Edited by Augie

7 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I find it hard to believe he will resign there as it appears he is unhappy with his usage there so far. Would you want the bills to try to sign him in the off-season?  You know the Pats will try to sign him for sure, to play opposite Cooks. It would be crazy to see Benjamin and Watkins on the field together.

The Rams are going to make a play for him, and he will not get as much as he thinks he will, in FA. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

[This is an automated response]The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

Real question: can mods just swap it to a reasonable one and then he can edit if he wants still?