Miami trades Jay Ajayi to Eagles

YoloinOhio

Look who is tanking, 4th round pick in return.

I agree it definitely is a Billsy move. But I am happy for Jay Jay. He is now on a winning team and has a chance to get a ring or two, something I think he would not have had a very good chance at with the Fins. Boy, I can't believe how non little top quality non QBs are valued by their teams, and how foolish they are about how realistic their chances are of getting a player of equal quality in rounds after the 2nd. Lucky for the Bills,the Bills are not the only bad gamblers in the NFL. I would have given the 4th in a heartbeat for Jay Jay.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that think a 4-3 team is tanking and some how giving up on the season with this trade just remember the Dolphins were struggling on offense last year during their 1-4 start until Adam Gase made the call to abandon his running back rotation and hand the job over to Jay Ajayi. Ajayi ran for 204 yards in a win over the Steelers the week after and the offense was significantly better the rest of the way including the following week against the Bills which sent our season into a tailspin as the Dolphins went on to win 9 of 11.

As a Bills fan I hate watching division teams make POWER moves like this but we can only worry about taking care of our own business.

For those that think a 4-3 team is tanking and some how giving up on the season with this trade just remember the Dolphins were struggling on offense last year during their 1-4 start until Adam Gase made the call to abandon his running back rotation and hand the job over to Jay Ajayi. Ajayi ran for 204 yards in a win over the Steelers the week after and the offense was significantly better the rest of the way including the following week against the Bills which sent our season into a tailspin as the Dolphins went on to win 9 of 11.

As a Bills fan I hate watching division teams make POWER moves like this but we can only worry about taking care of our own business.

I remember last year. We can't take them lightly.

Do you sit up at night coming up with the most rediculous hot takes on the board?

I mean, don't stop it's hilarious. "POWER" move all in caps. Good stuff.

But I get it, you really love the Phins. The Bills - not so much.

It's going to be a shame when nurse Ratchet makes you take your meds again.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

I know #Bills fans hate Landry because of the Aaron Williams hit, but he would help at WR if Miami is cleaning house...

You should really work for ESPN....

RB J. Ajayi has been a real thorn in the Bills' side in the past. Now that he has been traded I think Miami becomes a much weaker team and one that I expect the Bills to beat not once but TWICE this year.

Throw in the hapless, Luck-less Colts and that's likely three wins for the Bills down the road.

I think the Bills' remaining schedule plays out as follows and Bills finish at 10-6 as a minimum:

@ Jets - W

home vs Saints - L

@ Chargers - W

@Chiefs - L

home vs Pats - L

home vs Colts - W

home vs Dolphins - W

@ Pats - L

@ Dolphins - W.

BTW, word is the Bills are going after Colts WR Moncrief rather than WR TY Hilton.

Your thoughts??

Do you sit up at night coming up with the most rediculous hot takes on the board?

calling it a power move is exactly what i want from him. that was a nice touch.

RB J. Ajayi has been a real thorn in the Bills' side in the past. Now that he has been traded I think Miami becomes a much weaker team and one that I expect the Bills to beat not once but TWICE this year.

Throw in the hapless, Luck-less Colts and that's likely three wins for the Bills down the road.

I think the Bills' remaining schedule plays out as follows and Bills finish at 10-6 as a minimum:

@ Jets - W

home vs Saints - L

@ Chargers - W

@Chiefs - L

home vs Pats - L

home vs Colts - W

home vs Dolphins - W

@ Pats - L

@ Dolphins - W.

BTW, word is the Bills are going after Colts WR Moncrief rather than WR TY Hilton.

Your thoughts??

He's a running back who can be replaced in a millisecond, with little or no drop off. This has zero impact on the playoff race and in fact might light a fire under the drowning dolphins.

Worst offense gives away their best player and we still play them twice! This is huge for Bills and chances of making playoffs. Little chance of a repeat of last year's Miami resurrection with our defense playing together as a unit.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/offensive-stats

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland

I remember last year. We can't take them lightly.

Indeed. I picked them to go 12-4 this year as a WILDCARD behind the Pats. Not sure they get to 12 wins but probably at least 10.

AFC East is truly a beast of a division again this year with even the Jets playing much better than expected which is why there are still concerns about the game on Thur.

Indeed. I picked them to go 12-4 this year as a WILDCARD behind the Pats. Not sure they get to 12 wins but probably at least 10.

AFC East is truly a beast of a division again this year with even the Jets playing much better than expected which is why there are still concerns about the game on Thur.

Why are the Mods letting this go on?

Don't sleep on Kenyan Drake down in Miami taking over as the primary RB. I had high grades on him coming out of Alabama, he has excellent straight-line speed, and has a good burst to get to the edge on outside runs. Can be a weapon in the passing game as well so I can see why Gase made this move.

He's actually a well known Pats fan / troll on this board. Should be ignored.

?

Calm down with the jinx game. The Meadowlands are tough to escape injury-free.

The worst we can do now is split with the jets....I was referring to Miami

Ajayi is a physical runner who the Bills had trouble containing. There is no downside to him getting moved to the NFC. It definitely helps us this year when we face them.

Have you seen what he's done this year? He hasn't made a big impact. 0 tds, rushing for 3.4 yds per carry, doesn't pose a threat as a pass-catcher...can easily be replaced and be outplayed

@ Jets - W

home vs Saints - L

@ Chargers - W

@Chiefs - L

home vs Pats - L

home vs Colts - W

home vs Dolphins - W

@ Pats - L

@ Dolphins - W.

Your thoughts??

That is the "easiest" route to 10, but leaves no margin for error. It would also give us a 7-5 divisional record which might be enough for a 6th seed on tiebreakers. I am not looking past the Jets. Drop that one and a whole host of routes to the playoffs shut off immediately.

I think Saints, Chiefs, Pats x2 are the hardest games left. Winning one of the three AFC games in that list would make things a whole lot easier to get in.

Have you seen what he's done this year? He hasn't made a big impact. 0 tds, rushing for 3.4 yds per carry, doesn't pose a threat as a pass-catcher...can easily be replaced and be outplayed

Ajayi contributed mightily to both losses last year. I am glad he's an Eagle.

@ Jets - W

home vs Saints - L

@ Chargers - W

@Chiefs - L

home vs Pats - L

home vs Colts - W

home vs Dolphins - W

@ Pats - L

@ Dolphins - W.

Your thoughts??

Two words: Calm. Down.