Chargers Not Happy About OPI Call vs Pats

EersN'Bills

Chargers get called for a pick play that cost them a touchdown (which the Patriots always do but never get penalized for) even though it was two Patriots that ran into each other.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-say-ref-wrongly-ruled-in-favor-of-patriots-on-bulls-call-late-in-game/

Edited by EersN'Bills

Another reason why NFL ratings are dropping.

QFT.

The games simply are not enjoyable to watch any more.

This is the second time in three weeks that a controversial call has worked out in the Patriots favor. Back in Week 6, fans in New York were irate after a Jets touchdown was overturned in the second half of a game that New England would win 24-17.

Edited by B-Man

When will enough be enough. So tired of refs screwing over Patriots opponents with blind eye no calls, timely 3rd down penalties extending drives and God forbid you breathe on Marcia. Constant pick plays, offensive push offs, constant holding from their O line, DBs mugging well beyond the 5 yard Chuck. When will it stop?

Chargers get called for a pick play that cost them a touchdown (which the Patriots always do but never get penalized for) even though it was two Patriots that ran into each other.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-say-ref-wrongly-ruled-in-favor-of-patriots-on-bulls-call-late-in-game/

That was the biggest bull ****, especially with the highly blatant Gronk pick that went unpenalized. It's so blatant even the announcers were laughing that when it's the Patriots they can do it.

if the patriots get this kind of bull **** against us i will tanya harding brady myself.

IN

It's why I'm tuning out. Week after week, I watch games actively manipulated by refs. Always in favor of the establishment teams.

Couldn't care less about protests, or the game being less 'Merica or whatever.

It's always watching some underdog get saddled with a first and 20 on some BS holding call after gaining a couple first downs. Now the drive gets killed.

If that isn't enough, in the fourth, the fav get the PI that gives them position for points to win or put the game out of reach, and the Globetrotters get the win and the generals go home the loser like always.

Week after week, year after year, same nonsense.

It's not just the Bills I see this happening to, a 4:30 Chargers/Chiefs game gives the same bs.

Edited by Ohiostyle

The thing that pisses me off is it seems like on these OPI plays, the refs don't actually see the "penalty" but see the defensive player fall down so they call the OPI thinking the WR must have pushed off or ran into the DB. It happened on that Jordan Matthews play this past weekend (I can almost garauntee the ref never saw that play directly)

The Chargers and all teams should know that when you play the patriots* you aren't playing 11 on 11 football.

Bills overcame it Sun.

I'm sure the NFL wanted Oakland at 4-4 and in the hunt, and the officials sure seemed to be calling it that way, except this time they dominated and made the zebras atrocious game calling irrelevant

Bills overcame it Sun.

I'm sure the NFL wanted Oakland at 4-4 and in the hunt, and the officials sure seemed to be calling it that way, except this time they dominated and made the zebras atrocious game calling irrelevant

If the Bills were playing the patriots Sunday we'd have had 200+ yards in penalties.

The thing that pisses me off is it seems like on these OPI plays, the refs don't actually see the "penalty" but see the defensive player fall down so they call the OPI thinking the WR must have pushed off or ran into the DB. It happened on that Jordan Matthews play this past weekend (I can almost garauntee the ref never saw that play directly)

Totally agree. On a different note and different penalty type, the Bruce Irvin holding call , even when they announced the penalty it was "on the Left tackle" lol.. some of these crews are a flat out joke..

I see this as a chicken or egg kind of thing...did the Pats* start winning because they get these kind of calls, or do they get these kind of calls because they win regularly?

Either way I cant stand that this happens.

The Chargers should shut up and realize they have themselves to blame for losing. Benjamin's ridiculously dumb safety and Rivers fumble for starters.

Can't they blame themselves for mistakes that they made, and recognize crap officiating? Because it was crap officiating, do you disagree?

I was super-stoked that the Bills overcame crap officiating last Sunday, but it was still crap and hard to watch.

I could easily believe the Patriots would try to flip the refs, or that the NFL was biased in favor of "established" teams, but I don't see how it gets carried out in a game. If there was intentional bias on the part of the refs per some covert NFL policy - and just one person talked, which would be inevitable - it would blow the league up. Too much risk...

This B.S. is why I'll never bemoan the Bills "lucky" and "unsustainable" turnover differential. You take what you can, when you can because you know this bs is lurking and it will bite us in the ass in the end.

I'll never outright root for a player to get injured, but if a guy who has played an inherently violent game for almost two decades ends up breaking a femur....well I certainly won't shed a tear when the odds get even.

Seriously, it gets old waiting to see if there is a flag before you feel it's safe to celebrate a big play. Half the crap they flag has nothing to do with the play.

This. I've caught myself doing this a lot over the past couple of years. I wish I could enjoy it when the Bills score instead of waiting 10-15 seconds to see if there's a flag.

Can't they blame themselves for mistakes that they made, and recognize crap officiating? Because it was crap officiating, do you disagree?

I was super-stoked that the Bills overcame crap officiating last Sunday, but it was still crap and hard to watch.

Bitching about officiating is fruitless.

You have to beat the **** out of the Patriots. I recall the Browns beating them by twenty plus in 2011. Thats what you do, run the score up so bad their cheating wont matter.

This is exactly right. You need to beat the Pats so bad that the officiating doesn't come into play. Unfortunately the way the NFL is setup, usually 2 or 3 critical plays/calls by the officials usually decides the game. It is pretty obvious to anybody that has been paying attention the last 17 years starting with the tuck fumble in the afc championship game the Pats played against the Raiders nearly 20 years ago that the league has some kind of sick deranged deal with the Patriots that they will favor them in the form of one sided officiating in most games & certainly close games. The way the officials let Gronk push off every time is amazing. He pushes off every time & it is rarely called.

I see this as a chicken or egg kind of thing...did the Pats* start winning because they get these kind of calls, or do they get these kind of calls because they win regularly?

Either way I cant stand that this happens.

Brady first season. The tuck rule to beat Oakland made the Patriots.