So how do you expect this season to end?

After we play the Jets witch is a must win game for us.. we need 6-2 and I will tell you why. If you look at the remaining schedule after the Jets this is how I predict the season to look. I hope we end 10-6 and I am rooting for us to win every game obvious.

Jets---------W

Saints------L

Chargers--L

Chiefs------L

Patriots----L

Colts-------W

Miami------W

Patriots----L

Miami------W

So I think after the Jets we go on a scary loosing streak. I know Saints game is a 50/50 game but I think they match up a little bit better. My thoughts are if we split a game with Patriots or have a great game against Saints, Chargers or Chiefs that we are looking ok for a wild card game. This conference is super tight and feel 9-7 gets it done.

Its a long season still folks.. how do you predict this will end up? Thoughts?

Only game that scares me is at KC. Still have nightmares of playing at KC from 1993!!

I also dont think the D matches up well with brees or brady.

Other than those games (KC,NE, and NO), I think we can win the rest.

Just think of the season opener with in 2011 where we went in and lambasted them 41-7...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011091104/2011/REG1/bills@chiefs#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A09000d5d8222c2b7&tab=recap

Edited by matter2003

Just think of the season opener with in 2011 where we went in and lambasted them 41-7...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011091104/2011/REG1/bills@chiefs#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A09000d5d8222c2b7&tab=recap

Ahh. Thanks for that. A much better memory. I also seem to remember rob Johnson and the bills stealing one in KC. Its not unheard of for us to win there, but just a really tough place to play. I have always thought arrowhead was the hardest place to play in the NFL, especially a night game.

Why would you pick the Chargers as a loss? They are not that good. The Chiefs are tough but beatable and so are the Saints. Even the mighty Pats can be beaten this year. At a minimum I think the Bills take three of the 5 games.

I'd agree the Chargers are not that great, but neither has Buffalo been great on the West Coast

The Saints will be a challenge but on Buffalo's turf, as will the first Cheatriots game. (who just are not blowing teams out thus far)

Only game that scares me is at KC. Still have nightmares of playing at KC from 1993!!

I also dont think the D matches up well with brees or brady.

Other than those games (KC,NE, and NO), I think we can win the rest.

Don't underestimate how hard they will play for McD against his mentor. I have them losing too, but I think they will play their best football against KC.

I learned my lesson in previous years to look too far ahead.

I know it is cliche but just one game at a time.

I am pretty sure they play the Saints after the Jets, but I am not even 100 percent sure because I literally am just focused in on them winning their next game

Jets W

Saints W

Chargers W

Chiefs L

Pats L

Colts W

Phins W

Pats L

Phins W

Sprinkle another loss in there and that's a playoff team. Trusting the process....

Here is my take:

Jets W

Saints L (and I'll be at this game. Blah). But Saints look great. I can see a W with the weather and Brees not at home.

Chargers W

Chiefs L

Pats L

Colts W

Phins W

Pats W

Phins W

I learned my lesson in previous years to look too far ahead.

I know it is cliche but just one game at a time.

I am pretty sure they play the Saints after the Jets, but I am not even 100 percent sure because I literally am just focused in on them winning their next game

the Jets, despite their record, are not pushovers.

Based on this, Thurs is a must win. Playoff teams stack wins and beat the teams they are supposed to beat. No let downs like Cinci from here on out

exactly. We need to win games we should win.

Here is my take:

Jets W

Saints L (and I'll be at this game. Blah). But Saints look great. I can see a W with the weather and Brees not at home.

Chargers W

Chiefs L

Pats L

Colts W

Phins W

Pats W

Phins W

Hmm, 4 in a row at the end seems unlikely IMO.

This team is changing - you can clearly see it. Don't have to have big names on defense and $100M players, etc - just a group of guys that play for each other and get it done.

We as a fan base should change too. Predicting 9 games is a sign of the past and I'm not doing it. These guys have played hard enough to earn change on our end.

I think we beat the Saints. I get that they have won 5 in a row, but they beat up the anemic Panthers, the Fishies, Lions, Packers sans Rogers and Bears and their 4 passes per game. Also, their biggest wins seem to be at home, and we get 10 days for prep.

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

Agreed. I didn't mean it as they are for sure going to win the next game. I meant it as just focused on playing the Jets and winning one game at a time.

It will be a tougher game then a lot of us expect on Thursday night

McDermott's defense isn't going to collapse. If yesterday's point explosion is a portent of things to come, there isn't a loss left on the schedule. They should bury the jests on Thursday and have all the walking wounded good to go for NO at home 10 days later. KC at Arrowhead is doable and even the patsies***. Even a worst case of KC, patsies*** at home, 1 phish and 1 more aberration puts them at 10-6.

Jets---------W
Saints------W
Chargers--W
Chiefs------L
Patriots----W
Colts-------W
Miami------W
Patriots----L
Miami------W
AFC East Champs, #2 seed

They push themselves over in the 4th quarter.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Teams break the season down into four quarters. So far this team has gone 3-1 through the first quarter, and 2-1 thru the second with a chance to make it 3-1 again and end up at 6-2 at the halfway point. After that, they need to play at least .500 football to end up 10-6 which puts them in a good position to secure a playoff spot. I have a hard time seeing them drop 2, 3, 4 games in a row. I think they're too resilient and competitive to end up in a situation where they drop a bunch in a row. Maybe they go W/L/W/L during a quarter but as it stands, the way they're playing gives them a legitimate chance against any team. KC will be the true test. Even if they drop that one, if they keep it close and aren't dominated, then at that point I'll probably finally allow myself to say, "I think this team is legit."

This team is changing - you can clearly see it. Don't have to have big names on defense and $100M players, etc - just a group of guys that play for each other and get it done.

We as a fan base should change too. Predicting 9 games is a sign of the past and I'm not doing it. These guys have played hard enough to earn change on our end.

We were predicting games during the glory days to so.. yea. Playing hard doesn't mean it turns into playoffs but on the bright side I also have changed for the better.

I think every game is winnable with this defense but I am also a realist.

Teams break the season down into four quarters. So far this team has gone 3-1 through the first quarter, and 2-1 thru the second with a chance to make it 3-1 again and end up at 6-2 at the halfway point. After that, they need to play at least .500 football to end up 10-6 which puts them in a good position to secure a playoff spot. I have a hard time seeing them drop 2, 3, 4 games in a row. I think they're too resilient and competitive to end up in a situation where they drop a bunch in a row. Maybe they go W/L/W/L during a quarter but as it stands, the way they're playing gives them a legitimate chance against any team. KC will be the true test. Even if they drop that one, if they keep it close and aren't dominated, then at that point I'll probably finally allow myself to say, "I think this team is legit."

great post and totally agree.

Great post and I couldn't agree more. We've spent 17 years with these ridiculous "look ahead" threads. Let's live for today. Focus entirely on NYJ and not get so hung up on futures...

Where I stand as of today, 10/30/17:

The team is more solid and playing fundamentally good football than at any time I can remember during the drought.

This is coming at a time when the AFC is soft and beatable. New England is still mighty strong, but also as bad as they have looked in years.

If we continue to do what we are doing and as I look at the schedule, the idea of qualifying for the playoffs is a real possibility.

When did we last say that in November? Or on the eve of November?

It's one game at a time here on out and keep your fingers crossed.

We could easily be looking at the drought ending this year.

I can't imagine the excitement of the week leading up to a playoff game...

Edited by Fadingpain