I really hope I'm not watching Chip Kelly part 2..

I'm not saying I like or dislike any of the trades Brandon Beane has made since becoming the Bills GM.... but is anyone else getting that feeling Philadelphia fans got when Chip Kelly blow up that Eagles roster in just 2 seasons then was fired. Leaving them with no top end talent on the team.

Because they took the draft picks Kelly got them in blowing up the roster and moved up to pick Wentz.

I don't believe that is true.

^ No. 2: Cleveland → Philadelphia (PD). Cleveland traded this selection (2nd) and a conditional fifth-round selection in 2017 (this selection would be upgraded to a compensatory fourth-round selection if the Browns receive one in 2017) to Philadelphia in exchange for Philadelphia's first-round, third-round, and fourth-round selections in this years draft (8th, 77th, and 100th) as well as Philadelphia's first-round selection in the 2017 NFL Draft and second-round selection in the 2018 NFL Draft.[source 2]

Our turn to get a QB

Exactly, no misdirected hate here but my God people what exactly did we win with Watkins, Dareus, Darby etc? You would think Beane is blowing up the roster of a team who has won multiple championships not one that hasnt sniffed the playoffs in nearly 20 years. Get a QB, bottom line. Do everything you can to get a QB and let losing teams worry about who is playing Defensive Tackle.

^ No. 2: Cleveland → Philadelphia (PD). Cleveland traded this selection (2nd) and a conditional fifth-round selection in 2017 (this selection would be upgraded to a compensatory fourth-round selection if the Browns receive one in 2017) to Philadelphia in exchange for Philadelphia's first-round, third-round, and fourth-round selections in this years draft (8th, 77th, and 100th) as well as Philadelphia's first-round selection in the 2017 NFL Draft and second-round selection in the 2018 NFL Draft.[source 2]

Go look at the list of picks they had that year. They were able to make the trade and still have a draft.

I'm not saying I like or dislike any of the trades Brandon Beane has made since becoming the Bills GM.... but is anyone else getting that feeling Philadelphia fans got when Chip Kelly blow up that Eagles roster in just 2 seasons then was fired. Leaving them with no top end talent on the team.

Eagles turned out ok

just curious how our 6th round pick for the #3 overall DT that was a pro bowler factors into that

That was a pro bowler. He hasnt been to a Pro Bowl in going on three years. He hasnt been a third overall pick in going on six years.

The reality of the situation is they got a pick back for a malcontent that hasnt played well in over two seasons.

don't see the kelly comparison here? so far, they're doing it their way and sitting at 4-2. the remnants from the past regime that have been removed so far have not hurt them in the w/l column. april is a long way off and 10 games to go. this season so far has been sort of a locker room cleaning yet still contending. any judgement likely wouldn't be sound until like the 2019 season where they should have their roster pretty much set?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Kelly and McDaniels are the two that come to mind and both flashed for a minute before falling apart. Hopefully thats not the case here

don't see the kelly comparison here? so far, they're doing it their way and sitting at 4-2. the remnants from the past regime that have been removed so far have not hurt them in the w/l column. april is a long way off and 10 games to go. this season so far has been sort of a locker room cleaning yet still contending. any judgement likely wouldn't be sound until like the 2019 season where they should have their roster pretty much set?

Kelly was 10-6 the first year too before feeling the repercussions of the moves.

Its a fair parallel to point out to watch out for. Could go either way though.

Well we need those draft picks because they have created enormous holes at wide receiver, DBs, defensive tackle, LBs need am upgrade, no clear #2 RB, pass rusher, oh and QB. Even with all the stockpiling they have done, we have more holes than picks.

Well we need those draft picks because they have created enormous holes at wide receiver, DBs, defensive tackle, LBs need am upgrade, no clear #2 RB, pass rusher, oh and QB. Even with all the stockpiling they have done, we have more holes than picks.

Yes, but they are also creating cap room to get players as well. Marcell was over paid and an albatross. I find it funny how people B word about his cap # number and contract and then also B word about this trade. The organization is moving forward and as another poster said what have we won with Dareus?

let's not forget if they trade glenn and let Incognito go, also we need a right guard as well. Probably a replacement for McCoy too. Lot of new faces next year, I think however this season ends up, we will have a huge roster turnover next year.

Kelly and McDaniels are the two that come to mind and both flashed for a minute before falling apart. Hopefully thats not the case here

Kelly was 10-6 the first year too before feeling the repercussions of the moves.

Its a fair parallel to point out to watch out for. Could go either way though.

that's my perspective, could go either way.

just curious how our 6th round pick for the #3 overall DT that was a pro bowler factors into that

Joe Montana was a pro bowler one, too, and he has no place in the roster. Dareus is a slob and we are better for his departure. Imagine if, at your job, the least productive worker made a yearly salary close to 30x what many of the good workers earn. After awhile it gets harder and harder to motivate the good employees when the overpaid, morale-killing sloth is around. This trade is quintessential addition by subtraction.

Not the greatest example considering that the Eagles that he "blew up" two years ago are the best team in football.

Nope. Not one bit.

And yet, they are 4-2 with a decent chance at the playoffs.

No - not even a little

You haven't factored Kyle & Incognito retiring, Clay too gimpy to continue, Cordy not far behind.

If we keep winning, all the bad memories go away. If we start losing.... the shite will hit the fan! And I mean that literally.

Literally, huh? Whose schit and where will the fan be?

You haven't factored Kyle & Incognito retiring, Clay too gimpy to continue, Cordy not far behind.

It isn't a one year plan.

Let me catch you up on the last past 2 years as you must have not watched the Bills.Marcel Dareus is a fat out of shape drug addict that really doesnt care about RESPECTING THE PROCESS

It is not true. People just make claims for the sake of hearing their own BS.

That was a pro bowler. He hasnt been to a Pro Bowl in going on three years. He hasnt been a third overall pick in going on six years.

The reality of the situation is they got a pick back for a malcontent that hasnt played well in over two seasons.

no one on this team played well for 2 seasons on defense. Didn't you watch any football when Rex was the head coach?

Yes, but they are also creating cap room to get players as well. Marcell was over paid and an albatross. I find it funny how people B word about his cap # number and contract and then also B word about this trade. The organization is moving forward and as another poster said what have we won with Dareus?

The way I understand it, they are taking an enormous cap hit in trading Dareus. All that guaranteed money comes due.

Personally, I think the writing has been on the wall for Dareus ever since McDermott got here. I really think, whether they are/were good and productive or not, McDermott and Beane want to be rid of any players that were cornerstones of the Whaley era. Sammy, Darues...wouldn't be shocked to see Glenn gone by the deadline...and McCoy and Clay (probably Tyrod too) will be gone by next season. I think it is a little short sighted...all those draft picks don't guarantee success.

Edited by Buftex

Not sure what that has to do with what I said. They are unrelated.

you commented on this coach being like Chip Kelly in that they traded a bunch of players for draft picks to move up to get Wentz. And my comment was in regards to trading Dareus for almost "nothing" and how that "nothing" of a draft pick will not get us any closer to getting our QB