Hypothetical Trade - Buffalo and Seattle

Virgil

I've been an advocate of trading Glenn for the right situation but I wouldn't make this move, at least as is.

Mostly because Graham is nearly 3 years older than Glenn and TE isn't a glaring need right now even with Clay out for a while.

Now if Seattle threw in another player and/or mid round draft pick it might be more appealing.

They want to trade Glenn to get younger and less expensive contracts. It's not about getting another equal player in return. They are looking for a draft pick and a young player on a rookie deal most likely

I agree. But I think Graham has less years left on his deal.

With the cap hit for Glenn and Dareus, I think a contract swap may come into play.

They want to trade Glenn to get younger and less expensive contracts. It's not about getting another equal player in return. They are looking for a draft pick and a young player on a rookie deal most likely

Glenn is 28 IIRC, which is hardly "old" for an OLer since good ones frequently play into well into their thirties. It looks like the Bills just want to shed salary, and they don't much care how much talent they dump in the process.

If the Bills were truly interested in winning football games, instead of trading away their best OT to save $$$, they would use a day 1 or day 2 draft pick on an eventual replacement for Incognito who's 34 and, if it's a draft deep in OL prospects, maybe on one for Wood, too, who's 30 or 31. However, the Bills being the Bills, they'll trade Glenn for practically nothing, ignore the OL positions that should be priorities, and fill their OL spots with ST refugees and UDFA signees whom they'lll claim are "just as good" as the players they've traded, let walk in FA, retired, etc.

With the cap hit for Glenn and Dareus, I think a contract swap may come into play.

I thought the biggest issue with moving Glenn and Dareus is the cap hit we would take in 2017 and 2018. They are at least $12M for each player in each of those two years,

Glenn is 28 IIRC, which is hardly "old" for an OLer since good ones frequently play into well into their thirties. It looks like the Bills just want to shed salary, and they don't much care how much talent they dump in the process.

If the Bills were truly interested in winning football games, instead of trading away their best OT to save $$$, they would use a day 1 or day 2 draft pick on an eventual replacement for Incognito who's 34 and, if it's a draft deep in OL prospects, maybe on one for Wood, too, who's 30 or 31. However, the Bills being the Bills, they'll trade Glenn for practically nothing, ignore the OL positions that should be priorities, and fill their OL spots with ST refugees and UDFA signees whom they'lll claim are "just as good" as the players they've traded, let walk in FA, retired, etc.

You are speculating so much about this front office.

Doing a deal like this would accelerate $22m against the Bills cap. Might as well have suggested that the Bills give all of their draft picks next year to the Patriots for Jimmy G. Beyond dumb.

give it a week and I'll be a thread on this

....why are you inclined to trade Glenn?....long term health issues (are current issues long term)?.......quality of play?......other reason(s)?.....just curious bud...............

Glenn has substantial trade value, Incognito and Wood are on the last deal of their careers and are a bargain by comparison. I'm not saying Glenn is old I'm saying Graham is. They are trying to get cheap young players, not expensive old players. Trading for Graham won't happen or any other player in their 30's making a lot of money.

Only reason to even think of moving Cordy Glenn is if our medical staff felt his ankle injuries were chronic and disrupt his career.

If this team plans on having success next year and year after etccc having a top Off Line is a requirement and you dont throw away a virtual probowl LT who gives us no off field problems

Only reason to even think of moving Cordy Glenn is if our medical staff felt his ankle injuries were chronic and disrupt his career.

If this team plans on having success next year and year after etccc having a top Off Line is a requirement and you dont throw away a virtual probowl LT who gives us no off field problems

Season Week Description Status

2017 5 Foot, Ankle Questionable

2017 4 Foot, Ankle Out

2017 3 Foot, Ankle Out

2016 17 Back Out

2016 16 Back Doubtful

2016 15 Foot Doubtful

2016 14 Back Questionable

2016 13 Back Questionable

2016 12 Back Questionable

2016 9 Ankle Questionable

2016 8 Ankle Questionable

2016 7 Ankle Questionable

2016 6 Ankle Questionable

2016 5 Ankle Questionable

2016 4 Ankle Questionable

2016 3 Ankle Out

2016 2 Ankle Out

2015 13 Back Probable

2015 6 Ankle Probable

2015 5 Ankle Probable

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Makes sense to make a run this season. Don't see this regime making a move like this. Expect draft picks, younger players or quality player (maybe a more expensive on an expiring contract). Don't think any team gives us enough of what we're looking for.

Just what the Bills need a one dimensional TE thats made of glass.

Remember how long the Bills needed a good LT after the Peters trade?

They get one and some people want him gone.... lets get him healthy.

Edited by JMF2006

Groy is the replacement for Wood should that need arise. I think this staff will surprise you. I think we are loading up to build from the draft with all the picks and wanting to unload overbloated contracts if they can.

Groy is the replacement for Wood should that need arise. I think this staff will surprise you. I think we are loading up to build from the draft with all the picks and wanting to unload overbloated contracts if they can.

Good lord, the 2018 draft better be the best damned college draft ever, so overloaded with talent in every round that Bills can build their entire Super Bowl team just on the players they take with their 50 picks in the first three rounds from trading away every single current player with even a flicker of talent.

You realize the Glenn trade is hypothetical of course?

seem already disappointed in the mcB method to me SoTier !

....why are you inclined to trade Glenn?....long term health issues (are current issues long term)?.......quality of play?......other reason(s)?.....just curious bud...............

likely the rumors flying about.

If they trade Glenn i might freak out a little

and then he becomes hardly tradable is he ?

I agree with you

Good lord, the 2018 draft better be the best damned college draft ever, so overloaded with talent in every round that Bills can build their entire Super Bowl team just on the players they take with their 50 picks in the first three rounds from trading away every single current player with even a flicker of talent.

Yep, i get worried if the Bills are depending on some overly successful draft. Still hope the Pro scouts can step up their game next off season.

Dependant on College scouting and then being at the right place come the pick, the ability to move that when needed?

thats a lot to ask to get excited for next season, if they do dump players for big money contracts this year.

hope it is just media spin.

Dareus is another story though

Virgil

I would not do that trade.

grahams contract is up this year so the hawks getting something for him if they don't want to extend him could be a deal.

I’m not trading Glenn for a TE who is turning 31 this season and is in the last year of his deal - even if that TE is Jimmy Graham.

Season Week Description Status

2017 5 Foot, Ankle Questionable

2017 4 Foot, Ankle Out

2017 3 Foot, Ankle Out

2016 17 Back Out

2016 16 Back Doubtful

2016 15 Foot Doubtful

2016 14 Back Questionable

2016 13 Back Questionable

2016 12 Back Questionable

2016 9 Ankle Questionable

2016 8 Ankle Questionable

2016 7 Ankle Questionable

2016 6 Ankle Questionable

2016 5 Ankle Questionable

2016 4 Ankle Questionable

2016 3 Ankle Out

2016 2 Ankle Out

2015 13 Back Probable

2015 6 Ankle Probable

2015 5 Ankle Probable

Ouch

Im not trading Glenn for a TE who is turning 31 this season and is in the last year of his deal - even if that TE is Jimmy Graham.

This actually makes it more enticing. The Bills seem to be all about the salary cap dump

Pass as well. A solid LT is way, way more important then a TE, not to mention we already have a decent TE.

Why do some people want Glenn gone whom is a top 10 tackle IMO when healthy? We could spend the next 3 drafts trying to find his replacement in the draft and miss every year. Good tackles in the NFL are very hard to come by.

Edited by Real McCoy

Apparently, the Seahawks are shopping Graham and looking for a LT. They are talking to the Texans now.

I dont want to lose Glenn, unless there is something more to his medical that I dont know, but maybe there is a chance.

The fact that we need a TE and his contract is up after this year makes it seem at least possible.

Its all about injury to me. If they think Dawkins can do the job and Glenns foot issues are only going to keep happening or get worse, then get away from it if you can.

If hes healthy and good to go, then yes, its a dumb trade

Its all about injury to me. If they think Dawkins can do the job and Glenns foot issues are only going to keep happening or get worse, then get away from it if you can.

If hes healthy and good to go, then yes, its a dumb trade

He might me plagued with injuries this season but that doesn't mean he will be plagued with injuries next year. When healthy he is our best lineman. Dawkins could be used on the right side and also used as a versatile tackle if Glenn gets hurt. Let's not act out of haste this year and then have to address another hole that was created by the trade. Stay the course and see how it works out.

Glenn for Graham straight up.

Both have cap hits, but not being utilized. Both make immediate impacts for each team.

Would you?

Graham is in the last yr. of his deal and likely wouldn't be resigned by Buffalo.

He would have to be moved in order for SEA to take on the remainder of Glenn's '17 contract.

It's my opinion the Bills would also need/want a mid round draft choice as well as Graham in order to think about moving Glenn.

Graham would bring additional value because he would likely get a healthy enough contract this offseason (from another team) to net the Bills a '19 compensatory pick. Probably a 5th or 6th rounder in '19 if he were to sign a deal that paid him close to $5-$6M per season.

A 3rd in '18, a 6th in '19 (comp. pick) & an 8 game rental of Jimmy Graham?

For Cordy Glenn?

Still not sure that's enough.

a 2nd rounder in '18 instead of the 3rd OR an additional mid round pick, say a 4th in '19, might convince me.

BTW if the Bills were to swing such a deal, I really think they are admitting they don't think they are a playoff team this yr. Might be tough news for Bills fans, but might also be the realistic one.

Edited by Estro

Glenn for Graham straight up.

Both have cap hits, but not being utilized. Both make immediate impacts for each team.

Would you?

Not a chance...have you seen Graham? he drops a lot of passes. i don't see why some want to trade Glenn....we don't have many good OL