What Would It Take For You To Quit The Bills?

boyst

I know where this thread could go so be polite. If someone says something you disagree with and you feel so steadfast to make this another Kaepernick/political thread, I'll shut this stojan down. Let them say their peace because it's their opinion not yours.

So what would it take? What would it take for you to honestly and wholy quit the Bills? Relocation? Kaepernick? Signing a certain other player? Another trade? Moving uptown and limiting tailgating?

I think relocation is the only thing that would have made me quit this team out right? Moving to Toronto, Las Vegas, Grand Rapids, Michigan... Anything outside of Western New York.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills moving out of Buffalo. That would have done it. Immediately. None of this "I grew up in Brooklyn in the 50's so I still support the Dodgers" crap you hear from the occasional old timer.

Other than that, or perhaps just losing interest in football someday, nothing will make me give up on Bills fandom. Come on, if we haven't already, what do you think would do it now?

The Bills moving out of Buffalo. That would have done it. Immediately. None of this "I grew up in Brooklyn in the 50's so I still support the Dodgers" crap you hear from the occasional old timer.

Other than that, or perhaps just losing interest in football someday, nothing will make me give up on Bills fandom. Come on, if we haven't already, what do you think would do it now?

I work with several Dodgers/Giants fans. They're in their late 20's and pull that sort of crap, "They used to be in NY!"

I know where this thread could go so be polite. If someone says something you disagree with and you feel so steadfast to make this another Kaepernick/political thread, I'll shut this stojan down. Let them say their peace because it's their opinion not yours.

So what would it take? What would it take for you to honestly and wholy quit the Bills? Relocation? Kaepernick? Signing a certain other player? Another trade? Moving uptown and limiting tailgating?

I think relocation is the only thing that would have made me quit this team out right? Moving to Toronto, Las Vegas, Grand Rapids, Michigan... Anything outside of Western New York.

Seriously, you listed Kaepernick? Geezus, this obsession people have for crapping on a kid who has given more to his community, kids, and people than everyone on this board combined is getting out of hand.

As to the original question...nothing. My fan hood doesn't come with contingencies, I love this team for better or worse. Im not from Buffalo, so I would get it though if they moved and other people were hurt by that and lost interest themselves. The only reason that wouldn't affect me is that I am not from B-Lo so my love for the team isn't tied to the city itself.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Had they moved, yes. Signing kap, would make me think about giving up season tickets.

I think that's fair. I have a buddy in Cincinnati who refused to go into the game even if we had an extra ticket (which almost happened). He came for the tailgate, but this protest stuff has him really ticked off. Me? I'll wait for it to pass, and the sooner the better. If it drags on too long....the inmates are running the asylum. Sorry, not meant to derail.

Seriously, you listed Kaepernick? Geezus, this obsession people have for crapping on a kid who has given more to his community, kids, and people than everyone on this board combined is getting out of hand.

As to the original question...nothing. My fan hood doesn't come with contingencies, I love this team for better or worse. Im not from Buffalo, so I would get it though if they moved and other people were hurt by that and lost interest themselves. The only reason that wouldn't affect me is that I am not from B-Lo so my love for the team isn't tied to the city itself.

So if they moved to Columbus and became known as the Columbus Imperialists but still had the same players, coaches, etc. you would still be a fan?? Not even the same team name. You cra-cra.

I honestly don't know if I could quit the team. Been a staple in my family since they existed. Every Sunday spent at my grandparents house since I was probably born listening to my grandfather complain about everything under the sun that was wrong with the team. He also did this during the Superbowl era mind you.

I'd probably not quit then but would be less involved with what's happening.

Moving out of state

When the Dodgers moved my old man and I wore black armbands for the whole first season they were in LA. We mourned the loss and he never watched or listened to another game (to the best of my knowledge). He passed soon after that first season and wasn't around to disown me for becoming a Yankee fan. Same with the Bills. Would morn the loss.

Like most of the other responses in this thread, it would take the Bills relocating for me to quit them. At that point, they AND the NFL would be dead to me. I'd finally be done with fantasy football, as well, and free to concentrate exclusively on college ball and my Alabama Crimson Tide.

I think another 17 years sans playoffs would do it. Of course, I'll be on social security by then, and would likely care more about where my next can of cat food is coming from.

Jeez, I sure hope you planned a little better than that for your golden years.

I was close when Ryan stumped for Trump, but one guy doesn't represent the team.

It'd have to be something extreme, like adopting the Nazi flag for the team symbol or something.

No amount of ****ty play on the field will turn me away, and probably neither would relocation, since I'm not in Buffalo anyways.

I was close when Ryan stumped for Trump, but one guy doesn't represent the team.

It'd have to be something extreme, like adopting the Nazi flag for the team symbol or something.

No amount of ****ty play on the field will turn me away, and probably neither would relocation, since I'm not in Buffalo anyways.

Red black and white would be cool colors though, worked for the Sabres ;)