Tom Brady has sprain to non-throwing shoulder

Scott7975

Tom Brady was not seen at Patriots practice on Tuesday during the portion open to media. We now know why.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Brady suffered an AC joint sprain in his non-throwing shoulder during a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Thursday. The game was a particularly brutal one for the Patriots quarterback, who was sacked three times and hit six times over the course of 60 minutes.

According to Rapoport, Brady will not miss Sunday's game against the New York Jets (3-2). Brady has not missed a game due to injury since 2008 when he tore his ACL in the season-opener.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000859539/article/tom-brady-has-sprain-to-nonthrowing-shoulder

I am pleased to announce we will soon be rolling out new officiating guidelines designed to enhance the protection of quarterbacks.

Lol

Even if it's his non throwing shoulder that stuff is painful. Maybe we get lucky and he has some fall off for a few weeks. Especially if he keeps taking sacks and hits.

Best thing is he keeps playing. They would be smart to put him on ice for a month. If he plays all 16 games he will need to be carried during the postseason.

agree, that 4 game holiday he had to start last season was the best thing that could happen. The year before that he was throwing 50 times/game and was toast by the time the playoffs rolled around, Denver D ate him up.

Same with Gronk, he needs to sit part of the season like Tim Duncan at this point to be ok for playoffs.

Tom Brady was not seen at Patriots

According to Rapoport, Brady will not miss Sunday's game against the New York Jets (3-2). Brady has not missed a game due to injury since 2008 when he tore his ACL in the season-opener.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000859539/article/tom-brady-has-sprain-to-nonthrowing-shoulder

Ahhh the 2008 opener. I remember it fondly. Great hit by Bernard Pollard.

I can almost picture the play on which he may have been injured last week against the Bucs.

I remember him slow to get up and with a real look of pain on his face after one of the hits.

Here's to hoping the Jets do the same to his throwing shoulder!

Someone really need to lure BP out of retirement. Pats* didn't win any Super Bowls when he was around.

Loved the way that guy played. He would hit with reckless abandon. Was on the Super Bowl winning Ravens team that beat the Pats in Foxborough to take the AFC title. He knocked Stevan Ridley into another universe late in that game , causing a key fumble.

I read on PFT (no link) that the injury was re- aggravated in TB after having occurred in the previous game vs. Carolina on a Julius Peppers hit.

If thats the case, was he on the injury report last week? Wouldnt THAT be ironic if he wasnt?

I can almost picture the play on which he may have been injured last week against the Bucs.

I remember him slow to get up and with a real look of pain on his face after one of the hits.

Here's to hoping the Jets do the same to his throwing shoulder!

good, they should finish what they started.....

Are you insinuating that I look like a giant dildo? What color?

Not sure about color, maybe Holstein pattern? Most definitely horse style.

Edited by simool

With 5 games in, injuries might be our only hope....we were all thinking he'd slow down because he turned 40....11 TDs, 1 Int....1702 yards ( average of 340 per game )...that's not slowing down.....

No it isn't.

The defense has been the problem.