Charles Clay injury - knee scope, out multiple weeks

YoloinOhio

This game had me feeling like everything was going to blow up. It didn't disappoint...Back to reality

Today's game was the equivalent to the Miami game last year, or the Jags London loss in 2015.

Basically the day most fans realized that this team isn't legit and that the season would unravel.

Bucs game after the bye week is critical and certainly a must win no matter what anybody else may believe.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's game was the equivalent to the Miami game last year, or the Jags London loss in 2015.

Basically the day most fans realized that this team isn't legit and that the season would unravel.

Bucs game after the bye week is critical and certainly a must win no matter what anybody else may believe.

Very well said. That's exactly how I feel, and even though I felt good about 3-1, I knew this feeling was coming. Our offense is painful to watch. Tyrod is a poor QB who consistently finishes towards the top of 3 & out %.

Today he had the game served up to him for a W on a silver platter and he came up so small.

Today I feel just like I did in August. This is a 6-8 win team who needs to find a Qb who can see the field and throw an accurate ball.

Very well said. That's exactly how I feel, and even though I felt good about 3-1, I knew this feeling was coming. Our offense is painful to watch. Tyrod is a poor QB who consistently finishes towards the top of 3 & out %.

Today he had the game served up to him for a W on a silver platter and he came up so small.

Today I feel just like I did in August. This is a 6-8 win team who needs to find a Qb who can see the field and throw an accurate ball.

My gut feeling told me all along this team wasn't for real. And still think we simply got lucky last week against the Falcons since they were in fact missing their top WR's the entire 2nd half.

Obviously look at the difference this week as we tried the same 'play not to lose' garbage against the Bengals and ended up getting torched by an average NFL QB and a top WR. How this teams settles for a FG with starting field position in the redzone is beyond hideous and worst than Jauron era.

We'll see what happens but if I had to write a familiar script for this team we end up losing another grind it out game in the 4th quarter in a few weeks at home against the Bucs after the bye week before the wheels come off completely either against the Raiders with Carr back or heaven forbid the the Jets in the TNF game.

And quite frankly 8 or 9 wins this year without the playoffs is the worst thing that can happen especially in terms of draft position and the inevitable trade wasting all the picks we have to move up and grab a QB that might not even be worth it.

Judging by the fact that he's had a chronic knee issue, has been rest days throughout his career, and sustained this injury as a direct result of from a lateral side hit, thereby bending the inside (medial) side of his knee inward its likely that he's sustained a MCL with meniscus damage, which could require microfracture surgery or removal of the meniscus making for more 'bone on bone' rubbing which will increase swelling and require even more rest days. You have a guy whose knee was a ticking time bomb.

Micro fracture surgery has nothing to do with torn meniscus. That surgery is falling out of favor anyways. My wife fixes knees and hips. We will just have to see what degree the MCL sprain is or if there is other damage.

Praying for no surgery and a return after a few weeks. I know wishful thinking.

I'd be talking to Josh Gordon too at this point...

Perhaps try to talk Bolden out of retirement or Vincent Jackson.

Gordon has not even applied for reinstatement again at this point.

My gut feeling told me all along this team wasn't for real. And still think we simply got lucky last week against the Falcons since they were in fact missing their top WR's the entire 2nd half.

Obviously look at the difference this week as we tried the same 'play not to lose' garbage against the Bengals and ended up getting torched by an average NFL QB and a top WR. How this teams settles for a FG with starting field position in the redzone is beyond hideous and worst than Jauron era.

We'll see what happens but if I had to write a familiar script for this team we end up losing another grind it out game in the 4th quarter in a few weeks at home against the Bucs after the bye week before the wheels come off completely either against the Raiders with Carr back or heaven forbid the the Jets in the TNF game.

And quite frankly 8 or 9 wins this year without the playoffs is the worst thing that can happen especially in terms of draft position and the inevitable trade wasting all the picks we have to move up and grab a QB that might not even be worth it.

I agre with part of this. I think the Bills got a favorable call on the Ryan fumble. If Jone and Sanu were playing I think the Bills lose. I think the Bills have a good defense but I have never been excited about the offense. I cant stand playcalling for field goals instead of TD's.

"likely" MCL.. "worry" for ACL... he didn't decide anything. And he absolutely knows what he's looking at. Like I said, he's nearly always right. And I only say nearly because I've never seen him get one wrong but not going to say I've seen all of his articles.

I said the same thing when I watched the play.

Sounds like Clay will be gone for a solid chunk of time no matter what his injury is.

I wonder what plan, if any, they are going to pursue to replace him for a sustained period.

His departure from the game was definitely felt and probably played a fairly big role in our total lack of O production today...

If they do nothing to repair that, then we'll really know they don't care about this season!

Sounds like Clay will be gone for a solid chunk of time no matter what his injury is.

I wonder what plan, if any, they are going to pursue to replace him for a sustained period.

His departure from the game was definitely felt and probably played a fairly big role in our total lack of O production today...

If they do nothing to repair that, then we'll really know they don't care about this season!

They'll probably just insert Philly Brown. Edited by Jigsaw2112

They'll probably just insert Philly Brown.

I doubt Brown will want to come back after being cut again 2-3 days after re-joining them...could have used him today...dude can't be that bad, he caught 50 balls in a season before...that's probalby more than all the WR's that played today combined have caught total in their careers.

Edited by matter2003

Watkins, Mathews, and Clay...

With Zay being rated like 2d worst WR in the league, I feel sorry for TT.

That said, I still think Peterman might be the better option. Either that, or Dennison needs to change things up and adapt to the skills, or lack there of, of the available players.

Edited by Paulus

Shame about the Knee, it looked like Clay and Taylor were developing some chemistry. Having said that, if we don't think Taylor is the long term answer at QB who cares about his chemistry with Clay?

I just think it will be interesting to see what they do to address the loss of Clay for what is going to be like 5 games or more. If this was a "win now" situation (I don't think it is!) they would be acquiring a body to try and replace him the best we can.

I just think it will be interesting to see what they do to address the loss of Clay for what is going to be like 5 games or more. If this was a "win now" situation (I don't think it is!) they would be acquiring a body to try and replace him the best we can.

Logan Thomas or Khari Lee most likely.

Cant beat the Bengals while forcing 3 turnovers dont deserve playoffs. On to next year.

lol But we beat two SB contenders the last two weeks. But that means nothing. A four point loss on the road with injuries is the final say.Ridiculous.

i also thought the hit was dirty

Unfortunately the NFL allows those hits - not against the rules. They were several similar tackles yesterday, some by the Bills. Each time I am amazed the player taking that hit is not injured. It is time the NFL did away with targeting of the knees by DBs.

Edited by MDFan

Is Gary Barnidge still looking for work?

....these two are lookin' for work....................

"Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens ask Giants for a WR job following Odell Beckham's ankle injury"

Sporting News

Jordan Heck-14 Hours Ago
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Gunner, the pros are differently built and get the best treatment possible, so we never know until the immediate swelling and trauma dies down. And their pain threshold is beyond that of mortal men.

The hit was fine, Gronk gets hit like that a dozen times a game.

Clay as the feature receiver wasnt a long term plan.