Projecting wins a losses as of today

dayman

Any given Sunday of course...but lets take a look and be fairly conservative:

v. NYJ (W)
@CAR (L)
v. DEN (W)
@ATL (W)

Nice Start to the season, we're 3-1 who would have thought! Now ... moving forward:

@CIN (W)
v. Bucs (L)
v. OAK (L)
@NYJ (W)
v. NO (W)
@LAC (W)
@KC (L)
v. NE (L)
v. Indy (W)
v. MIA (W)
@NE (L)
@MIA (W)

Gave us an L to every team that is likely to beat us and took the W for every team that basically sucks. On top that ... I think we could easily take 1 of those back to back games at home v. Bucs and Oak (Carr is hurt now so we play EJ)...we may split with the Pats given their issues...those possibilities give us the flexibility to drop two games to crap...if the Chargers and Indy somehow beat us (just randomly picking them based on having the best QBs of the bad teams we play assuming Luck is back).

That said...Miami will have likely given up by December...Indy will probably be in tank mode (that franchise is known to tank if it's a lost season)...the Jets are hopeless...Cinci is as bad as advertised (forget about a beating against the Browns it means nothing)...we should kill the Saints we are a matchup nightmare for them...

Lost of ways to look at it but 10 wins looks entirely possible. 9 looks almost likely unless we melt down...this is the wonder of having beaten Denver and Atlanta...what started off as real tough schedule is lightening up now as we look forward.

Edited by dayman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect some of both.

I'm impressed so far, but I'm not extrapolating out to 12-4. Still happy with 9-7. We are thin and injuries may hurt us down the road. Picking individual games is like picking the lottery numbers, to me.

I suspect some of both.

I'm impressed so far, but I'm not extrapolating out to 12-4. Still happy with 9-7. We are thin and injuries may hurt us down the road. Picking individual games is like picking the lottery numbers, to me.

Like I said, any given Sunday...but looking ahead a little is ok. Cinci has real problems...and Derek Carr is going to be out a while. We can easily run this 5-2 and roll into Jets/Saints/Chargers suck fest that could stretch it to 7 or 8 wins real quick...do that and you're looking at 2 juicy December games versus a Dolphins squad that has given up by then and whala!!! 9 or 10 wins. Just like that without really beating any good teams from here on out.

Edited by dayman

Are we going to lose to Oakland with EJ at the helm?

I can't begin to tell you how sad that would make me. I get the desire to look forward, but I couldn't have guessed this beginning so I won't try to guess the ending. I'm impressed with the general direction, so I'll be happy with that...

I see them beating Cincinnati and the jets with two more against the hapless fish. Then they need to find three more

Right, and that's basically the point of this thread. You take that...then you look at:

-home v. EJ Manuel

-home v. average at best Saints that typically suck on the road

-at an 0-4 Chargers team in meltdown mode

-home v. a 1-3 Colts team that's only win was barely beating the Browns

I can find 3 in those 4 right there pretty easily. Take all 4 and we buy some breathing room to drop one against a Cinci/Jets/Phins matchup.

My only point is...given that we beat the Broncos and ATL our schedule is flipping and there's reasonably wiggle room to get to 10 wins without even beating anyone good moving forward.

Lets focus on Cincinnati!! Then we get a bye and can speculate about Tampa.

If it were our job to focus on preparing to play Cinci I would agree but we're all just kind sitting on the coach with our laptops so...I think it'll be ok if we do this now.

I can't begin to tell you how sad that would make me. I get the desire to look forward, but I couldn't have guessed this beginning so I won't try to guess the ending. I'm impressed with the general direction, so I'll be happy with that...

Just going off his projection, there is no way we would lose that. Almost every player in the front 7 knows his weaknesses.

Just going off his projection, there is no way we would lose that. Almost every player in the front 7 knows his weaknesses.

Everyone on planet earth knows EJ's weaknesses. He can't really run, can't throw accurately, and doesn't get rid of the ball. These are obvious to all.

All that matters is the next game. Cincinnati will be a tough game. They are not as bad as their record may indicate, and the Bills are not good enough that anyone should assume any team they face is a given to be a victory. Still, I'm on cloud nine that the Bills are 3 -1.

EJ Manuel is not coming into Buffalo and winning, other than that, I don't like doing this because week by week so much can change.

I will say I love our matchup against Cincy and TB in Buffalo after our bye, I see us at 5-1 , past that anything is possible

EJ Manuel is not coming into Buffalo and winning, other than that, I don't like doing this because week by week so much can change.

I will say I love our matchup against Cincy and TB in Buffalo after our bye, I see us at 5-1 , past that anything is possible

Carr isnt going to miss more than a game or two

at least Miami's offense is a dumpster fire

Cutler.

I'm actually feeling a little uneasy with the Bengals.

Their defense is very good and they just got back Burfict.

Dalton seemed rejuvenated with Lazor now running the offense.

Against a bad Cleveland team.

Carr isnt going to miss more than a game or two

This could be an ongoing problem.

It is a definite trap game. I just feel we match up quite well to them.

Maybe I'm just nervous about our start.

Against a bad Cleveland team.

Cincy is giving up only around 16 points per game.

Since Lazor took over, Dalton has thrown for close to 500 yards, 6/0 TD/INT ratio and about a 130 rating.

I still think we win but I don't know what to expect from their offense.

Maybe I'm just nervous about our start.

Cincy is giving up only around 16 points per game.

Since Lazor took over, Dalton has thrown for close to 500 yards, 6/0 TD/INT ratio and about a 130 rating.

I still think we win but I don't know what to expect from their offense.

That's okay. We only score 16 points a game.

Toughest games remaining, in order: @ KC, @ NE, vs NE, @ Cincy, vs TB, vs Oak. Predict .500 here: 3-3. Likely wins: @ NYJ, vs NO, @ LAC, vs Indy, vs MIA, @ MIA. Predict 4-2. Therefore my current prediction: 10-6.

Predicted division winners: KC, NE, PIT, HOU. My AFC Wildcard Power Rankings: BUF, DEN, OAK, CIN, JAX, TEN, BAL, IND, NYJ, MIA, LAC, CLE.

I'll go with 9-1 heading into the KC game. Next week worries me the most as Cincy seems erratic. We might kill them or they play like they have have most of the last few years and give us a hell of a time.

I like playing Tampa at home. They've lost already to a lesser team than Buffalo.

Carr is likely out with the broken back bone so, a sad homecoming for EJ.

Jets are not tanking but the Bills still should beat them at home.

The Saints are another worrisome game but their defense is weak and their offense didn't put up that many points by Saints standards against the dumpster fire that is the Patriots defense right now.

The Chargers will be a Bills home game if last week is any indication. That should give us the advantage but the Chargers play everyone close...and lose.

So, that's six straight games in my mind. Then two weeks of hell and then some more breathing room. 12-4 in the end.

EdW

Toughest games remaining, in order: @ KC, @ NE, vs NE, @ Cincy, vs TB, vs Oak. Predict .500 here: 3-3. Likely wins: @ NYJ, vs NO, @ LAC, vs Indy, vs MIA, @ MIA. Predict 4-2. Therefore my current prediction: 10-6.

Predicted division winners: KC, NE, PIT, HOU. My AFC Wildcard Power Rankings: BUF, DEN, OAK, CIN, JAX, TEN, BAL, IND, NYJ, MIA, LAC, CLE.

Think you underrate New Orleans. That defense is coming around and the offense is still capable of putting up big points.

I'm not going to predict the rest of the schedule so as not to jinx us.

Injuries will play a big part in how the Bills fare the rest of the way. We cannot afford injuries to key players for long periods of time.

Losing Matthews for a month is one already that we cannot afford. Losing Humber for even a few weeks really hurts as well not because he is so great, but because there's not much experience there behind him.

believe it or not there was a time when I really believed that this team was in "tank mode" and they may have been. But now that they're 3-1 I'm hoping that McBeane will look to IMPROVE the roster as the season moves forward rather than just fill in with no name, no experience guys when injuries arise.

This Bills team now has a realistic chance to make the playoffs. They could win their next SIX games

because Cincy is not what they used to be, they get TB at home, they get Oakland at home with no Carr at QB (and Manuel instead). Then it's NYJ, New Orleans at home, and the LA Chargers (one of the worst three teams in the league).

I believe McBeane needs to add playmakers to the offense to get us to the playoffs this year. Adding TE G. Barnidge would be a nice start. Adding at least one vet WR is needed. Even adding a RB would be a great help.