Jordan Matthews Thumb Injury Update: Active vs. TB

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the same guy (Matthews) that I witnessed live, puking on the field against Ole Miss in 2012 due to a concussion.

He ended the game with 200 yards receiving...

I told my buddy that night he would be a stud in the NFL.

I love that he’s a Buffalo Bill and we need to resign him.

Again, kudos to McBean.

This is the same guy (Matthews) that I witnessed live, puking on the field against Ole Miss in 2012 due to a concussion.

He ended the game with 200 yards receiving...

I told my buddy that night he would be a stud in the NFL.

I love that he’s a Buffalo Bill and we need to resign him.

Again, kudos to McBean.

Yes, because the team needs more guys who have been concussed to the point of vomiting.

Yes, because the team needs more guys who have been concussed to the point of vomiting.

Youve obviously been drinking a little too much this morning my friend.

The point was Matthews is tough as hell.

Weve had softies on this roster in the past that would miss time due to soreness.

This guy has proven over time to be durable and an overall great football player that you should want on your team for a very long time.

Edited by McBean

Rapoport: #Bills WR Jordan Matthews (broken thumb) is expected to play today with a special glove vs. #Bucs, sources say. 2 wks earlier then expected.

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer

Bills WR Jordan Matthews will play Sunday and wear a splint over his surgically-repaired right thumb, a source told ESPN's Jeff Darlington. NFL Network first reported Matthews would play Sunday vs. Tampa. He is officially listed as questionable.

Will he be able to catch the ball with a splint over his thumb or will the ball bounce off it ?

I think his role today will be that of a decoy.

He was making catches in practice.

He will probably be limited today I am sure but they aren't going to put him out there as just a decoy.

He was making catches in practice.

He will probably be limited today I am sure but they aren't going to put him out there as just a decoy.

A bunch of the plays he has been making, delayed crossing patterns from one side of the field to the other, should be reasonable to expect him to run and catch. I doubt they will be throwing quick slants into coverage to him but you never know. These guys are nuts. ;)

I do expect a win. I think we finally get some breathing room against a poorer defense.

We are going to need it without Clay to lean on. Yes, I also expect a win, but I still think it will be a tight game that can go either way. Hard not to think that about any game really.

Unleash the Zay!

....damn kid is beating the snot out of himself for drops at this level.....needs to get 160 receptions at ECU last year out of his head........Jerry Rice dominated at Mississippi Valley State in the same manner and struggled initially in the NFL.....once he figured it out, he didn't turn out too bad IMO......play the game lad and what is in the past HAS passed .......

We are going to need it without Clay to lean on. Yes, I also expect a win, but I still think it will be a tight game that can go either way. Hard not to think that about any game really.

Absolutely. The best (and worst) part of a Sunday is the growing anticipation for football!