Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support the players' choice to respectfully use the national anthem as their moment to make a statement. I agree with JK that Shady was disrespectful to the flag. I DO NOT see the players kneeling and allowing somber consideration to a National issue as disrespectful. Actions we agree AND disagree with are conducted under our flag and under the protection and empowerment provided by the government that flag represents. Yes it represents the people but it more closely represents the government: 50 States United in a Federal system. So yeah, using the flag for justice and freedom as well as consolidated power and authority is what happens every day all across this Country. Most of the players are making a serious effort to be part of that. Shady's choice was DUMB AT BEST

Not if you understand the issue in the first place.

the issue is all about where you view it from. To many there is no issue you. To others there is a major issue. And to others still, it's an issue that no one else sees it as an issue?

Me, I think Jim Kelly is a moron chump and Kaepernick an uneducated fool. But, I don't know either of them, don't care to know either one of them and will likely never have the displeasure to meet either.

@mikerodak

Jerry Hughes says he is confused and upset about Jim Kellys feelings about LeSean McCoy. It was not cool, very unacceptable."

Jerry Hughes says he is very disappointed in Jim Kellys criticism of LeSean McCoy and said he should have come to team about it.

A passionate Jerry Hughes continuing to speak strongly against Jim Kelly. The Bills locker room is clearly upset about former QB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The players kneeling or siting or otherwise protesting are not disrespecting the flag, they are asking everyone to respect it who don't look like them. That's what they are doing. Whether they are right or not is quite debatable. But they are not disrespecting they are asking everyone to respect it.

The are asking everyone who doesn't look like them to respect the flag?

@mikerodak

Jerry Hughes says he is confused and upset about Jim Kellys feelings about LeSean McCoy. It was not cool, very unacceptable."

A passionate Jerry Hughes continuing to speak strongly against Jim Kelly. The Bills locker room is clearly upset about former QB.

To each their own I guess. I love thatvJK said what he did. I really wouldn't have had a problem if he took a leak right next to where Shady was " stretching" .

@mikerodak

Jerry Hughes says he is very disappointed in Jim Kellys criticism of LeSean McCoy and said he should have come to team about it.

this is why this story is a joke. A bunch of knuckleheads being upset by words when they're paid to bash heads.

God damn, pansies.

Edited by Boyst62

The are asking everyone who doesn't look like them to respect the flag?

To each their own I guess. I love thatvJK said what he did. I really wouldn't have had a problem if he took a leak right next to where Shady was " stretching" .

I mean, for a guy preaching respect - saying "hey shady, what was up with that" instead of going on the radio likely would have made more sense

I mean, for a guy preaching respect - saying "hey shady, what was up with that" instead of going on the radio likely would have made more sense

Jim likes to call out people in the media. Remember House Ballard and others that was a large part of the "Bickering Bills".

I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to see a lot less of Jim Kelly at New Era Field in the coming weeks. What he did completely undermined the Bills' efforts on Saturday night and Sunday, and that can't be sitting well with the Pegulas, Beane, or McD.

I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to see a lot less of Jim Kelly at New Era Field in the coming weeks. What he did completely undermined the Bills' efforts on Saturday night and Sunday, and that can't be sitting well with the Pegulas, Beane, or McD.

Not part of the process...

Gotta just step away

Edited by Lurker

To respect what the flag represents. Yep. And asking people who do look like them to do the same.

Yet they want to continue to disrespect what the flag represents. I'm not sure what they are getting at. Seems the message is being diluted somewhere.

Their efforts to do what?

this is why this story is a joke. A bunch of knuckleheads being upset by words when they're paid to bash heads.

God damn, pansies.

Yep

As I've said many times here, just get rid of all the pre-game BS involving the National Anthem, Honor Guards, giant field-sized US flags, military flyovers and all of it.

Let the military spend their marketing dollars on TV commercials instead.

Get this **** out of the game of football.

It has no place before a football game.

At all!

+1

For what it's worth, there is nothing like that here in New Zealand.

If it's a game against an international opponent, then both of the national anthems are played and that's it.

I respect the Flag and I respect the National Anthem. I am an American.I respect every Veteran and current Serviceman

When i go to work, we don't sing the Anthem, neither do we have a flag to salute to, in the office.

Why does the NFL need to have the National anthem sung when these football players go to work?

So now if you are a player, and you have a gripe about some personal belief of yours, then keep it outside of work, just like I do, and so many other Americans do when they go to work everyday.

I respect the Flag and I respect the National Anthem. I am an American.I respect every Veteran and current Serviceman

When i go to work, we don't sing the Anthem, neither do we have a flag to salute to, in the office.

Why does the NFL need to have the National anthem sung when these football players go to work?

So now if you are a player, and you have a gripe about some personal belief of yours, then keep it outside of work, just like I do, and so many other Americans do when they go to work everyday.

$$$$$$

Gee, It's almost like sports writers want all this divisiveness so people will take the clickbait and yell and scream about their team so they'll share the clickbait so more people visit their website.

So odd, huh?

God damn, pansies.

Funny how you and others are so bent out of shape over the protest yet you call them pansies.

They are human beings and American citizens first, then football players. Not sure why you are unable to even acknowledge why they protest. Perhaps you don't want to admit they have something legitimate to say. Who is the real coward?

Exactly.

Funny how you and others are so bent out of shape over the protest yet you call them pansies.

They are human beings and American citizens first, then football players. Not sure why you are unable to even acknowledge why they protest. Perhaps you don't want to admit they have something legitimate to say. Who is the real coward?

no, i don't give a !@#$ what they say. They just simply need to dawn the outfit of the team I support and play football.

And yes, they're cowards and pansies and all that and I'd say it to their face without hesitation.

I have a sneaking suspicion that many will not renew their season tickets or support the team while all of this goes on, as well.

My Facebook was almost 8:1 ratio of those pissed at the NFL to those supporting it.

Gee, It's almost like sports writers want all this divisiveness so people will take the clickbait and yell and scream about their team so they'll share the clickbait so more people visit their website.

So odd, huh?

Why don't you stay in your cocoon to protect you from news you don't like? You sound like a crazy, leftist Berkeley student.

We have American citizens in the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico that have no food, no water, no electricity, no shelter and we're going to piss and moan over people exercising their 1st amendment rights of free speech .... Seems like our priorities are as F&*#$^& as always.

We also have a man child of a president trying to divide this country, we deserve everything we get.

No one and I repeat no one, has ever died for a flag. They may have died for freedom, but that is also the right to burn flags if you want to.

-Bill Hicks

Generals have to manage soldiers up and over that hill. The concept of freedom won't manage it but a piece of cloth will. It's tangible, you can touch it, feel it, die for it. It's a motivator. Saying: "Go take that hill for your lazy azz neighbor in Des Moines!" Ain't going to get the blood pumping and the legs moving.

People are brainwashed by a piece of cloth. It motivates.

no, i don't give a !@#$ what they say. They just simply need to dawn the outfit of the team I support and play football.

And yes, they're cowards and pansies and all that and I'd say it to their face without hesitation.

I have a sneaking suspicion that many will not renew their season tickets or support the team while all of this goes on, as well.

My Facebook was almost 8:1 ratio of those pissed at the NFL to those supporting it.

You mean your Facebook friends all believe what you believe? Amazing. It's almost like it's a self-selected sample.

I'm all for people using their checkbook to express their feelings. Go ahead, cancel. I'm just amazed that people could be so upset that someone is expressing their beliefs over a major social issue. To me, the right response is, "Huh, I wonder why they feel so strongly about this issue?" ignoring it solves nothing.

So let me get this right and I am not taking a side. I just find it ironic is all. Football players want the right for freedom of speech and to peacefully protest about inequality which the players have a right to do as long as their workplace is okay with it( already established that it is)

Jim Kelly, voices his opinion, which happens to be different than what the football players and organization are doing. Football players are now coming out against Jim Kelly's right of free speech calling him out for trying to rip the team apart.

If you want equality and understanding, you have to be understanding to ALL people's opinions even if they aren't in alignment with yours or this whole thing is a waste of time

So let me get this right and I am not taking a side. I just find it ironic is all. Football players want the right for freedom of speech and to peacefully protest about inequality which the players have a right to do as long as their workplace is okay with it( already established that it is)

Jim Kelly, voices his opinion, which happens to be different than what the football players and organization are doing. Football players are now coming out against Jim Kelly's right of free speech calling him out for trying to rip the team apart.

If you want equality and understanding, you have to be understanding to ALL people's opinions even if they aren't in alignment with yours or this whole thing is a waste of time

it doesn't work that way. Free speech means toe the line and any deviations are to be harassed.

I'm just amazed that people could be so upset that someone is expressing their beliefs over a major social issue. To me, the right response is, "Huh, I wonder why they feel so strongly about this issue?" ignoring it solves nothing.

Actually, I think you'll find a large majority of football fans consider the right response to be, "Hey...I'm here to watch football and cheer for my team. Can you all STFU about and start playing!"

Good. I've been sick of his shtick since he made a public comment about how he didn't think Tyrod was good enough. Scumbag move from a former Bills QB. I don't wish anything bad on him or his family but if he quietly disappeared from the limelight it would be good for everyone involved.

You mean your Facebook friends all believe what you believe? Amazing. It's almost like it's a self-selected sample.

I'm all for people using their checkbook to express their feelings. Go ahead, cancel. I'm just amazed that people could be so upset that someone is expressing their beliefs over a major social issue. To me, the right response is, "Huh, I wonder why they feel so strongly about this issue?" ignoring it solves nothing.

Pssssst... it's not really a major social issue. They'd like you to believe it is.