Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will it end? We are so blessed in this country that our biggest threat is people not standing during an anthem.

Yawn.

You must have been watching cartoons when they were rioting and looting. We do have big problems. There's a lot of angry people on both sides with no end in sight

Throwing aside my personal views, who is Jim Kelly to speak of morality and issues of character? He lived in a glass house.

He is becoming our version of post-retirement Mike Ditka. There was no reason for him to wade into this argument other than to serve his own ego. Welcome back to the front page of ESPN, Jim. Hope it was worth it.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

You must have been watching cartoons when they were rioting and looting. We do have big problems. There's a lot of angry people on both sides with no end in sight

Nope I was out running fuel for jets. Regardless of rioting, how does shady stretching affect looting? I get your point but people being offended has nothing to do with doing something about an issue.

What has shady or Kelly done to help the actual issue? This anthem crap does nothing but detract from football and a total none story.

I mean do the looters set out and wait for someone to not stand during the anthem? Hey guys shady is stretching, let's go! Nonsense.

Edited by JinxedBill1

It's been interesting seeing so many people not just define patriotism but really trying to own it and enforce their standards on others. Especially when those same people (on both sides) often fall short of their own standards that they are pressing.

How are people trying to "enforce their standards" on others?

There are no laws being proposed to take away people's ability to protest. There are no laws being proposed to force people to stand for the anthem.

Yes, the president wanted the NFL owners to take a stand, and not allow these kinds of protests during games. Personally, I think the league/owners should have that right.. IF they want to make that kind of rule (I would get fired for making political protests at my job). But the NFL is not taking that stance, so it's really irrelevant.

By Colin Kaepernick's own words (and don't forget, he was the origin of this protesting), the whole purpose was because he "refused to show pride" in this country, because of what he perceived as injustice. So it's funny that NFL players around the league are now saying this protest has NOTHING to do with lack of pride, lack of patriotism or disrespect for the country. That's a crock of bull. If Kaepernick would have protested on his own time, or found a way to do it without knocking the flag or America - this would have never gotten out of hand.

It's been interesting seeing so many people not just define patriotism but really trying to own it and enforce their standards on others. Especially when those same people (on both sides) often fall short of their own standards that they are pressing.

100% agree. I find it comparable to religion; when people try and impose on you how you should be religious. Or the right way to be religious.

Throwing aside my personal views, who is Jim Kelly to speak of morality and issues of character? He lived in a glass house.

He is becoming our version of post-retirement Mike Ditka. There was no reason for him to wade into this argument other than to serve his own ego. Welcome back to the front page of ESPN, Jim. Hope it was worth it.

There is nothing about this post I don't 100% agree with. He found religion after he did everything he wanted. My other problem is where's were his deap religious beliefs when Trump claimed Obama wasn't a Christian? Values aren't supposed to be fungible. Edited by blitzboy54

100% agree. I find it comparable to religion; when people try and impose on you how you should be religious. Or the right way to be religious.

what about those whom are disrespectful?

The bull **** of this argument enlies in personal freedom against disrespectful behavior.

There is the black and white and there is the 10 miles of gray between.

No one is changing sides and no one will agree where the lines need to be.

This is a sport. This is where we go to enjoy common ground calling Tom Brady a little girl B word.

I don't frankly care what McCoy or Kelly think.