Last nights former Bills players

bisonbrigade

Watkins 6 catches 106 yards and 2 TD's

Woods 6 catches 108 yards

Goodwin 2 catches 62 yds

Robey 3 tackles 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery.

Could we use these guys on the team? It hurts to see this but hopefully we get a QB next year because this year will be a long nightmare.

Edited by bisonbrigade

Goodwin 2 catches 62 Tds

Could we use these guys on the team? It hurts to see this but hopefully we get a QB next year because this year will be a long nightmare.

Goodwin has mind boggling and defying numbers.

Sure, we could use Woods and Watkins, but:

- Woods was not worth signing for the contract the Rams threw at hit. Yes, he had a good game, but overall, he's been an average WR this year. Or, about what he did in Buffalo.

- Sammy Is a very good, sometimes great WR, when healthy, but up to last night, he was just OK. Would still like to have him n Bills but I agree with management that they were not going to sign him in 2018. Jury is still out that he stays healthy.

- Goff is not yet a good QB, but he makes throws Tyron won't or can't make, thus, any WR is should do better under Goff; and

- Rams spent a ton of money and picks on offense, which has paid off against three weak teams (losing to Redskins at home). Of course, their defense isn't all that great.

- Bills can't fix everything in one year. Clearly, the defense is MUCH better, they did not have a good alternative at QB, the star LT is hurt, have not yet improved the right side of the line and have lack of depth at WR. Hopefully,over the season, they can improve at some of those positions, but chances are they'll need to addressed next season.

Sure, we could use Woods and Watkins, but:

- Woods was not worth signing for the contract the Rams threw at hit. Yes, he had a good game, but overall, he's been an average WR this year. Or, about what he did in Buffalo.

- Sammy Is a very good, sometimes great WR, when healthy, but up to last night, he was just OK. Would still like to have him n Bills but I agree with management that they were not going to sign him in 2018. Jury is still out that he stays healthy.

- Goff is not yet a good QB, but he makes throws Tyron won't or can't make, thus, any WR is should do better under Goff; and

- Rams spent a ton of money and picks on offense, which has paid off against three weak teams (losing to Redskins at home). Of course, their defense isn't all that great.

- Bills can't fix everything in one year. Clearly, the defense is MUCH better, they did not have a good alternative at QB, the star LT is hurt, have not yet improved the right side of the line and have lack of depth at WR. Hopefully,over the season, they can improve at some of those positions, but chances are they'll need to addressed next season.

So what your sayong is what I am saying, 2017 will be a long year of losing. No offense except Shady, if hes healthy. 6-10 season.

Goodwin 2 catches 62 Tds

Goodwin's skills seem invaluable with this team, 62 touchdowns on only 2 catches? How can we teach our WRs to score touchdowns without needing the ball, because I don't think catches will come in high numbers this year, but I would still like points.

Goodwin 2 catches 62 Tds

We should change to "this years former Bills players that we let go" We could have retained all these guys and been under the cap. Add to that Gillislee and Hogan and we'd have a pretty potent offense, even with Tryhard Taylor at QB.

I'm all for what we did on defense. REX was the problem from day 1. I'm all for what we did with the coaches, but the object is to win and I don't buy putting all your eggs into another year. You never know who will leave, who will get hurt, or a thousand other factors that go into a season.

We had a near playoff team with two bad coaches. We finally get coaches ( except OC in my opinion) and we let this kind of talent go on offense. It's always Sunny in Philadelphia, but damn does it rain on the Bills. It would be nice to cheer for a winner for once in 17 years and a handful of times over 40+ years.

I just don't understand how we continually throw away good chances to take the next step. I guess for now we have to suck it up and eat this year. I really hope the FO and coaches know what they are doing and build a good offense for next year without trashing the D or screwing up special teams.

And if we really need a miracle, it's that Mr. Big Stuff actually plays up to his contract or we find a way out without gutting the team with cap issues.

Edited by BillsRdue

Goodwin's skills seem invaluable with this team, 62 touchdowns on only 2 catches? How can we teach our WRs to score touchdowns without needing the ball, because I don't think catches will come in high numbers this year, but I would still like points.

You need to have the Olympic level speed like Goodwin to pull that off. Goodwin was borderline Olympic caliber and got 62 td's, Makes me wonder if an elite sprinter like Usain Bolt could break the 100 td mark on 2 catches.

Bring em all back - do we make the playoffs...? No. Do the rams make it this year? Probably not. Donald want's an extension, sammy's a FA, Trumaine Johnson's a FA, Ogletree's a FA.

They'll have cap space... but not if they re-sign those guys, and if they don't their roster is paper thin. The jury is out on Goff being the man as well. If he's good - they'll have a shot at playoffs.

Sammy did what Sammy does. Played lights out on a nationally televised game and got hurt at the end. At the end of the game his head was spinning so hard he actually thought the earth was round.

NRC did NRC things. Made some plays and made some mistakes.

Goodwin did Goodwin things. Amazed he didn't get hurt but he always was the big play ability.

The one I'm most upset about it Woods. Hated losing him and I personally think he would have been a much better fit on this team than Wacky Watkins. Completely understand that the money the Rams paid him was bonkers. But of the 4 he's really the only one I would be thrilled if they got back.

Goodwin 2 catches 62 Tds

Sometimes I think the Patriots Rams have better Bills than the Bills.

-Al Michaels

:lol:

Sammy did what Sammy does. Played lights out on a nationally televised game and got hurt at the end. At the end of the game his head was spinning so hard he actually thought the earth was round.

NRC did NRC things. Made some plays and made some mistakes.

Goodwin did Goodwin things. Amazed he didn't get hurt but he always was the big play ability.

The one I'm most upset about it Woods. Hated losing him and I personally think he would have been a much better fit on this team than Wacky Watkins. Completely understand that the money the Rams paid him was bonkers. But of the 4 he's really the only one I would be thrilled if they got back.

That's how I feel. Bummer to lose Woods, but can't afford to pay a #2 WR that much money-- so very understandable.

I'll hold judgment on watkins and Goodwin-- let's see if they can stay healthy for an entire season.

Goodwin 2 catches 62 Tds

Whaley was a much better GM than a lot of Bills want to admit.

The narrative on TSW has been that Goff is a bum. Now he's a better QB. :rolleyes:

Which was embarrassing but it's a product of our overreact to everything world.

Calling a rookie qb after a year is just stupid. Especially when your number 1 option last year was a midget who is now their #4 wr.

Yes and the offseason moves made by the Bills are looking worse and worse as time goes on....never a good sign!

We knew they were good players. They are gone for a reason. Time to move on. They will have good games and bad games. The Bills have a talented group of players and we will be fine.

What the Rams did.........acquiring Woods, Watkins, Tavon Austin, Cooper Kupp is exactly what the Bills tried to do with EJ Manuel, Watkins, Austin, Goodwin, etc. The problem is the Bills didn't hit on the QB, so the receivers were not worth the $ to keep them. That is why they let them go, or acquired draft picks. Once they identify their top QB (not Tyrod Taylor), they will bring in a top receiver to compliment Matthews and Zay Jones.

What the Rams did.........acquiring Woods, Watkins, Tavon Austin, Cooper Kupp is exactly what the Bills tried to do with EJ Manuel, Watkins, Austin, Goodwin, etc. The problem is the Bills didn't hit on the QB, so the receivers were not worth the $ to keep them. That is why they let them go, or acquired draft picks. Once they identify their top QB (not Tyrod Taylor), they will bring in a top receiver to compliment Matthews and Zay Jones.

Austin?