Anyone else tired of hearing "it was just the Jets..."?

TheFunPolice

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the Bills go 3-0 and we win the super bowl? i didn't know that's how it works. last time i checked it was a 16 game season. being 3-0 tells us what being 1-0 vs the Jets tells us: next to nothing

But 0-1 and the season would be over?

The way I see it, as a Bills fan I want to see my team get good. Really good. I don't want to just sneak into the playoffs based on the number of wins we managed for the season only to be beaten in the first round. What good is getting into the playoffs if they just lose? So when I see the Bills beat an obvious underdog with zero hopes for this season, the only way I could be excited is if the Bills completely dominated the game as a good team should. While there were some good plays, they definitely did not dominate the Jets the way a good team would (think *Pats running up the scoreboard against the Bills), and therefore after the win the only conclusion I can draw is, "Well, it was just the Jets..."

This is where we've come to. Winning games is not good enough. Making the playoffs is not good enough. A competent QB is not good enough. Beating the Pats without Brady is not good enough. We're already laying the ground work to discount any progress the Bills make this year.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This is where we've come to. Winning games is not good enough. Making the playoffs is not good enough. A competent QB is not good enough. Beating the Pats without Brady is not good enough. We're already laying the ground work to discount any progress the Bills make this year.

And if we win the Super Bowl? Well, did you see how many the Patriots got?

I honestly expect improvement with this regime, but it will be gradual and at least a little bumpy.

We made the playoffs and beat Brady? Damn. Ive been waiting 17 years for that and I missed it.

My bad you said without Brady. So I only missed them making the playoffs.

Edited by Billsmovinup

Do New England* fans constantly say "yeah Brady looked great but it was just the _________"?

Brady's entire career his divisional games have been against awful to mediocre QBs and usually also awful to mediocre teams.

Unless I missed something those wins still counted. When it was Belichick and Brady vs Jauron and trent I didn't hear NE fans downplaying their team's win. When it was Brady vs Cleo Lemon did they have to give back the W? Do their division titles still count?

One of the reasons they rack up 13+ wins every season is that the AFC East has been a joke, yet they still get the bye to the Super Bowl by getting the #1 seed.

Yes, the Jets are not good, but they are still a team with a decent defense and an offense that can make a few plays. The Bills handled them easily (the score didn't do justice to the game). No need to talk yourself out of it. It was a good win. Tyrod played well. The Bills are 1-0.

And yet we hate that the pats fans write off the bills for just being the bills...

It's a weird selective memory we have to make sure we are always being wronged

But 0-1 and the season would be over?

How terrible... expectations?!? How dare fans expect to beat injured 3rd string qbs and teams being accused of tanking!?!

Yea, I'm sorry but that makes for a nice Monday morning still- but it's not indicative of noteworthy success.

It was the first game of the season for both teams. That should solely be the point of focus at this time. One game does not make a season, especially the first one, no matter who you are. I'm sure Belichik is focussing solely on what the Pats did and didn't do in that regard, not on who they played.

Do New England* fans constantly say "yeah Brady looked great but it was just the _________"?

Brady's entire career his divisional games have been against awful to mediocre QBs and usually also awful to mediocre teams.

Unless I missed something those wins still counted. When it was Belichick and Brady vs Jauron and trent I didn't hear NE fans downplaying their team's win. When it was Brady vs Cleo Lemon did they have to give back the W? Do their division titles still count?

One of the reasons they rack up 13+ wins every season is that the AFC East has been a joke, yet they still get the bye to the Super Bowl by getting the #1 seed.

Yes, the Jets are not good, but they are still a team with a decent defense and an offense that can make a few plays. The Bills handled them easily (the score didn't do justice to the game). No need to talk yourself out of it. It was a good win. Tyrod played well. The Bills are 1-0.

Remember the opening game of the season in 2003? The Bills beat the Patriots 31-0 !!!

Remember all the hype and fanfare that happened the week after that game? It was all useless jibberish. The Bills went on to finish the season 6-10 and the Patriots won the Super Bowl.

If you draw any conclusions from the Bills beating the worst team in football in week one of the 2017 season then you have no concept of reality!

No...I'm not tired of hearing it...in fact, it's motivation to not be satisfied with that kind of win...this team has not earned the right to just dismiss the fact that they won because they played the Jets, imo.

The day the Bills beat good teams is the day people stop saying, "it was just the Jets."

So, just win baby!

No...I'm not tired of hearing it...in fact, it's motivation to not be satisfied with that kind of win...this team has not earned the right to just dismiss the fact that they won because they played the Jets, imo.

The day the Bills beat good teams is the day people stop saying, "it was just the Jets."

So, just win baby!

The day we start beating good teams is the day even promo starts saying it was just the jets.

Truth hurts it's why excuses are made. Truth is enjoy the win we won't have many of them.

Just think back to how we did against the Jets last year with Rex & Co at the helm & you will see that we are already heading in the right direction.

Your funny, it's not the same team and not the same mindset. There goal is to be on the top of the draft.

Truth hurts it's why excuses are made. Truth is enjoy the win we won't have many of them.

Your funny, it's not the same team and not the same mindset. There goal is to be on the top of the draft.

Not a single person playing for,or coaching that team has that goal. The people above them might, but the people actually doing things on Sundays are trying to win.

No, they sucked going in. Not sure where you read anywhere except maybe the Jets equivalent of TBD, or some ex coaches ballwashing blog, that the Jets were anything other than bad.

They are not good, nor does their FO want them to be this season it seems.

If the Bills go to Carolina and win this Sunday and people are still saying "it's only the Jets and Panthers", then yeah, the whambulance is warranted. Not now, however.

Last I looked, the Pant hers won 1 more game than the Jest last year, which (outside of past history) wouldn't have them predicted to be such a great team this year. People lay too much weight on "but Superbowl 2 years ago!"

Remember when the Bills went 3-0 or 5-2 or something then the wheels fell off? It turned out we were squeaking out exciting wins against bad teams.

Imma wait and see where we, and where the teams we win and lose to are, midseason, before I get either high or low.

I will say, after watching some of the downright putrid QB performances last week I do wonder more why Kaep is unemployed.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

The Bills handled them easily (the score didn't do justice to the game).

The game really wasn't decided until the Jets punted with 4 minutes left. Not easily

To me it was a no-Win game. Win, well it is only the Jets. Lose, people jumping off bridges

Edited by MarkyMannn

The game really wasn't decided until the Jets punted with 4 minutes left. Not easily

To me it was a no-Win game. Win, well it is only the Jets. Lose, people jumping off bridges

Considering the people who'd be jumping...sounds like a win-win to me.

Right now it's good, regardless of who it was against. But we may feel differently at the end of the year... When we have only 4 wins & the Jets have 3 wins and pick before us in the draft, we might wish they came back & beat us. But at this point when we still have a chance to do stuff during the season, it's still a good thing.

Edited by BigDingus