Anyone else tired of hearing "it was just the Jets..."?

TheFunPolice

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do New England* fans constantly say "yeah Brady looked great but it was just the _________"?

Brady's entire career his divisional games have been against awful to mediocre QBs and usually also awful to mediocre teams.

Unless I missed something those wins still counted. When it was Belichick and Brady vs Jauron and trent I didn't hear NE fans downplaying their team's win. When it was Brady vs Cleo Lemon did they have to give back the W? Do their division titles still count?

One of the reasons they rack up 13+ wins every season is that the AFC East has been a joke, yet they still get the bye to the Super Bowl by getting the #1 seed.

Yes, the Jets are not good, but they are still a team with a decent defense and an offense that can make a few plays. The Bills handled them easily (the score didn't do justice to the game). No need to talk yourself out of it. It was a good win. Tyrod played well. The Bills are 1-0.

It's because it was only the Jets, a team in full on tank mode.

But buck up buttercup, those comments should stop after this Sundays game.

I'm not because it's true at least for the time being. Jets are widely considered the worst team in the league even by their fans and local media.

And if we somehow go to Carolina and beat the Panthers the national pundits will say 'Newton isn't close to 100% and/or McDermott and Beane had the edge because they know the Panthers so well'

Bills need to prove they are for real and you do that by beating good teams on your schedule not bottom feeders.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

What do the Jets do well on offense?

Going in they were assumed to have a good run game. McCown made some nice throws under pressure. And all I heard before the game was how good their front 4 was. Then we beat them and now they suck.

I'm not because it's true at least for the time being. Jets are widely considered the worst team in the league even by their fans and local media.

And if we somehow go to Carolina and beat the Panthers the national pundits will say 'Newton isn't close to 100% and/or McDermott and Beane had the edge because they know the Panthers so well'

Bills need to prove they are for real and you do that by beating good teams on your schedule not bottom feeders.

But any good team we beat gets a truck load of excuses.

Going in they were assumed to have a good run game. McCown made some nice throws under pressure. And all I heard before the game was how good their front 4 was. Then we beat them and now they suck.

Sadly it's true because nobody will ever take this team seriously until they end the 17 year drought.

Even if this team were to start 4-0 or 6-1 nobody outside of the Bills fanbase is going to care unless they sustain it through a 16 game season and get into the tourney.

After years of futility, the Bills have a lot to prove, so it doesn't bother me. "Show me the baby!" as Buddy said.

On the other side of the coin, if the Bills lose Sunday, I won't be surprised if people say, "well, it was an away game against a good opponent."

We'll have a much better idea about this team at the quarter pole...

A good run game? Please find some evidence of that. I'd like to know who thinks Powell and AARP Forte are going to produce behind that oline and 8 guys in the box. They are horrible, their cast of WR's makes Zay and Matthews look like Taylor and Rice.

After years of futility, the Bills have a lot to prove, so it doesn't bother me. "Show me the baby!" as Buddy said.

On the other side of the coin, if the Bills lose Sunday, I won't be surprised if people say, "well, it was an away game against a good opponent."

We'll have a much better idea about this team at the quarter pole...

Except it is an away game against a good opponent. So......

Funny how this all evolved.

Before the season this year Bills fans "Bills are going to suck -they are tanking - won't win 4 games - Jets are going to kill us"

Leading up to game Bills fans - "game is a toss up - anything can happen"

Point spread announced - Bills fans "I can't believe they are giving the Jets 9 points. Take the Jets with the spread all day - they will beat us straight up"

Actual game happens - Bills easily beat the Jets - then Bills fans "it was just the Jets - they are the worst team in the NFL"

:lol::lol::lol:

Sometimes I think the best scenario would be if the Bills lost to the Panthers, but barely lost. You know like a last second FG as time expired. That way not losing by a blowout shows the pundits that the Bills are improved but not there yet. If they won they would point out what the opposition did wrong instead of what the Bills did right. They would actually get more respect for barely losing, BUT ID GLADLY TAKE IT IF THEY WON!

Edited by billsbackto81

Funny how this all evolved.

Before the season this year Bills fans "Bills are going to suck -they are tanking - won't win 4 games - Jets are going to kill us"

Leading up to game Bills fans - "game is a toss up - anything can happen"

Point spread announced - Bills fans "I can't believe they are giving the Jets 9 points. Take the Jets with the spread all day - they will beat us straight up"

Actual game happens - Bills easily beat the Jets - then Bills fans "it was just the Jets - they are the worst team in the NFL"

:lol::lol::lol:

Even that stooge Jets fan was trolling the board because the Bills "suck at sucking"

No one thought the Bills were going to lose more games than the Jets this year.