Who will be at Carolina Game

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had Porta Potties in the past (and no charge for parking), when it was HD Supply. The lot is a little further from the stadium (approx. 0.6 mi), but there are always a lot of Bills fans in that area because of Tavern on the Tracks. The lot is now owned by a new company and since it's opening weekend, I am not 100% sure.

I'm hoping it will be the same. At the very least we plan to start there and find an adjacent lot with facilities (if necessary).

Thanks!!!

Four one nine 704 five one zero seven.

For those coming down

Are there good lots around there?

park somewhere outside the area and use the light rail in

I know it sounds weird, but the Uptown Cabaret lot feels like the 'unofficial' tailgating lot.

if things worked out just right the girl that I'll be taking has that on our bucket list to do so Saturday night...

Row 1 Bills side corner end zone. See you guys there! Going to Bills bar pretailgate probably

make sure you go to the tailgate we need to make you a good sign Edited by Boyst62

My son (Bills fan) is going with a bunch of college buddies (Panthers fans). I'm kinda hoping he doesn't drive his car and park it at the stadium, with Bills license plate in front and large red standing Buffalo on the back spare tire cover...

Whose wedding?

My wife's first cousin's son. I don't even know his stinkin' name, but I HATE him! :) Her cousins are great, but it's a huge Lebanese family so the whole thing is like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and I am Ian Miller. There are too many kids for me to know who goes with whom.

On the bright side, my son and 3 year old grandson are in Nashville. So for that reason....I'm torn. The Bills are only about 4 hours away, and I usually make that game happen!

My wife's first cousin's son. I don't even know his stinkin' name, but I HATE him! :) Her cousins are great, but it's a huge Lebanese family so the whole thing is like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and I am Ian Miller. There are too many kids for me to know who goes with whom.

On the bright side, my son and 3 year old grandson are in Nashville. So for that reason....I'm torn. The Bills are only about 4 hours away, and I usually make that game happen!

...safe to assume he only gets $1,000 versus the customary "Augie $2,500," right??.......fess up bro...... :thumbsup: .....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Whose wedding?

...but I like the way you think! I can feel the wheels turning weighing that one out. If it was MY son, he would understand and re-schedule, and attend the game with me. :)

...safe to assume he only gets $1,000 versus the customary "Augie $2,500," right??.......fess up bro...... :thumbsup: .....

I'm hoping you have the comma in the wrong place (as in - there won't BE one). I'll let the wife make that call.....if it was up to me I'd give him a damn gravy boat to get even!!! I really don't even know which cousin's kid it is. To me it's a weekend in Nashville (which I love)...and an open bar for sitting thru it.... But then do I stay to watch the Bills Sunday with my Nashville son? Or rush home? They be messin' with my routine! Edited by Augie

Will be up top section 531. Tickets were obnoxiously expensive on the secondary market for this one. I'm paying much less to go to the brand new Mercedes benz stadium in Atlanta two weeks later.

They were more than Atlanta? Yikes! I've got $800 into 3 lower bowl corner tix. I'll have to have dozens of "cheap" concession items to make up for that!

Side note: Stubhub says ticketmaster hasn't sent the tix yet, so they have my money but I have to wait until game week to get the tix, and that makes me a little anxious. I want no last minute issues. My wife's bank bought FSU/'Bama tix that did not allow her clients into the stadium. We once bought Braves tickets that got us into the stadium only to learn there were no such seats! Schit happens, but NOT on Bills game day! (My DTV box overheated last weekend and took an hour to cool off right before kickoff!)

Section 108,

Road 9

I'll be in the endzone corner

My son (Bills fan) is going with a bunch of college buddies (Panthers fans). I'm kinda hoping he doesn't drive his car and park it at the stadium, with Bills license plate in front and large red standing Buffalo on the back spare tire cover...

he will be fine. Now if he had something about taking away guns, skoal or something about Jeff Gordon then he'd be in trouble

is it really $1,000? I need to start marrying these women... I make me some money Edited by Boyst62

Section 108,

Road 9

I'll be in the endzone corner he will be fine. Now if he had something about taking away guns, skoal or something about Jeff Gordon then he'd be in trouble is it really $1,000? I need to start marrying these women... I make me some money

The divorce attorneys would encourage that. They need to make thiose lake house payments!

he will be fine. Now if he had something about taking away guns, skoal or something about Jeff Gordon then he'd be in trouble

lol

Not worried about him though - worried about some drunk (angry after a Bills win?) taking it out on his car

lol

Not worried about him though - worried about some drunk (angry after a Bills win?) taking it out on his car

nah.

but i may drive my old farm truck down there just to get it dolled up in bills stuff and be a jerk.

The divorce attorneys would encourage that. They need to make thiose lake house payments!

richard

Traveling to Charlotte?

want to drink?

Sycamore is the best brewery. The scenery is great, yupy princesses.

NoDa is a special area by itself with live music most of the time. Some place there I forgot the name of has great humus.

if in NoDa Amerlie's french bakery is great!

Wooden Robot has lots of yankee girls every time i know, new and hip

Rock Bottom - new trendy place good food

Heist is the only brewery nearby with a full menu

Brunch?

Tupelo Honey is one i have recently heard a lot about

300 East

Mimosa Grill

Vivace - the best per my fancy smancy friend (shes a girl)

5 church is supposed to be a high end yupy place

Lunch?

Fuel pizza downtown is good for about any reason and its near the epicenter

i enjoy taco mac and flying saucer but they're a bit out of town but loootttttts of beer.

Things to do in Charlotte:

http://www.charlottestories.com/lancaster-county-gold-mine-about-to-re-open-to-dig-up-5-7-billion-worth-of-gold/

Did you know the first gold rush in the US was in 49? No. Not 1849, but 1749 and here in North Carolina? The UNC Charlotte school is named the 49'ers after such. There are mines they currently use for tours and such under modern day Charlotte!

http://www.nascarhall.com/

nascar-cup-nascar-media-tour-2013-nascar

If you like to turn left and know every line Cole Trickle ever said, this is for you! its a close walk from uptown and worth a visit if you're at all looking to cool off on a hot day.

https://www.carowinds.com/

It ain't no cedar point, but if you want to kill 4-5 hours it is worth that and not much more. some great rides and some good times to be had

https://www.discoveryplace.org/

this is a place for all kids of all ages and even Fergy! a museum of sciences and what not - could make for fun if you're bringing any kids along!

http://usnwc.org/

Climbing_2000x800.jpg

383.jpg

The National white water center is here in us and offers rentals for boats and bikes on the off road courses. it's a great time!

Tavern on the Tracks

http://tavernonthetracks.com/

It is right downtown and a great place to stop in before things get busy. They like some really ****ty school up north there, too, so just watch where you step.

There are many great parks in the area, and you can always head up to Lake Norman for a round of golf (which is not a real sport), as well.

Edited by Boyst62

Traveling to Charlotte?

want to drink?

NoDa is a special area by itself with live music most of the time. Some place there I forgot the name of has great humus.

Brunch?

300 East

Mimosa Grill

Lunch?

i enjoy taco mac and flying saucer but they're a bit out of town but loootttttts of beer.

What about a tour of the NASCAR Hall of Fame?

Traveling to Charlotte?

want to drink?

Brunch?

300 East

Mimosa Grill

Lunch?

Great stuff Boyst!! You are the 2nd person to say Sycamore since yesterday. We are going to head there Saturday afternoon.

And don't you dare stand up and cheer, loudly.

Highly frowned upon

It's a wine and cheese crowd .... this isn't Philly .... there are so many transplants you can cheer with pride ... I've lived here for 15 years now (was at the PreSeason game a few years ago) ... they are just now bringing on "generation 2" of fans .. compared to the multiple gens we have in Buffalo ... but they will eventually catch up .. but not yet ... I've been invited by a Carolina Season ticket holder so looking forward to ruining his start to 2017, but had to hit Vivid to get 2 seats for my son (who I've converted/coerced given his bloodlines to love the Bills) and his bud .. though he thinks he's the jinx as they haven't been in playoffs as long as he's been on earth. But I've told him .. when it happens it will be so sweet that he's waited it out and supported from Day 1. Let's Go BUFFALO!!!!

Great stuff Boyst!! You are the 2nd person to say Sycamore since yesterday. We are going to head there Saturday afternoon.

Couple of Add On's

If time allows (maybe brunch) run up to NoDa (North Davidson) just north of city ... go to Cabo Fish Taco ... best Tuna taco and everything else ... don't miss it every time I go downtown.

Near Stadium .. .there is a fairly new place called Ink & Ivy ... nice outdoor patio looks over BB&T baseball park and can see Panthers Stadium .. plenty of TVs ... decent eats.

We also have many Micro Brewers in area .. but from a downtown perspective get to South Blvd ... you might want to look into OMB (Olde Mecklenburg Brewery) and Triple C Brewery ... .good stuff there .. big outdoor bier garden at OMB

let me know when and I'll meet you there. Do you prefer blondes, brunettes or red heads because I have a lineup for the weekend just not sure when to play them

Couple of Add On's

If time allows (maybe brunch) run up to NoDa (North Davidson) just north of city ... go to Cabo Fish Taco ... best Tuna taco and everything else ... don't miss it every time I go downtown.

Near Stadium .. .there is a fairly new place called Ink & Ivy ... nice outdoor patio looks over BB&T baseball park and can see Panthers Stadium .. plenty of TVs ... decent eats.

We also have many Micro Brewers in area .. but from a downtown perspective get to South Blvd ... you might want to look into OMB (Olde Mecklenburg Brewery) and Triple C Brewery ... .good stuff there .. big outdoor bier garden at OMB

Thanks!! It's going to be quite a weekend. Our group is up into the 30's at this point so it will be pretty wild.

I have no idea where we are staying. The one guy that organized it all knows Charlotte. His family is there. We rented a house somewhere. My sister is staying downtown somewhere. I'm looking forward to it.

let me know when and I'll meet you there. Do you prefer blondes, brunettes or red heads because I have a lineup for the weekend just not sure when to play them

Sounds good and play your best player. You win with talent. Edited by Kirby Jackson

A few great food options for those traveling to charlotte this weekend and missing home. Other then Tavern on the tracks which is great.

Lebowskis - http://www.lebowskisgrill.com/ - Real deal wings, beef on wicks, and fish fry's (haddock of course). Ice cold Blue lights. I think the owner is from West Seneca.

Next door to Lebowskis is JJ Red Hots http://jjsredhots.com/ - you can get a Sahlen's dog with Webbers Mustard on it.

And the crown Jewel that just opened uptown is Bistone - http://www.bisontepizzaco.com/. Owner used to run LaNova. Its real deal Buffalo pizza in Charlotte (you know with burnt pepperoni). You can actually get a sheet pizza, and the wings are great. They even have chicken finger subs, royal's, and stingers. He fly's in his rolls from Costanzo's.