Cam looked awful for most of the game yest

Webster Guy

Well for some reason the Panthers who won fewer games than we did last year are favored by a touchdown this Sunday.

I watched the game on DVR, Cam looks like he shouldn't be playing: Missing open receivers, rubbing and stretching his shoulder constantly, flexing his hand like he had nerve pain or something. He ended up completing all six pass attempts in the second half but that's misleading when you watch the game.

I think he's being forced back too early and it's not just "rust" like the carolina press is saying. He's in the same boat as Andrew Luck right now--shoulders are the curse of the mobile qb because they tend to get hit more and land on them hard several times a game.

I took the 7 points and I'm going to take the money line on Sunday too because the Bills are going to win this one. Why? I believe McD and Dennison will have a plan to limit the great Thomas Davis/Keuchly duo, I have no specific X's and O's to back this up, only that having a mobile qb and good running game with play action (we have both) can either freeze LB's or force one of them to stay home-- and we'll put up enough points and harass Cam enough to get the W.

It's gonna be a warm one down there so I'm glad we'll be reaching almost 80 every day this week for practice.

Bills start 2-0

New England loses to Brees and Co. 0-2

Shady mentioned they didn't really run any of the designed passes they have in the playbook for him, they were mostly dump offs. I thought the 2nd and 20 early in the game was a screen, but I don't remember other than that. That might be one thing they're storing away to keep their LB's on their heels.

I didn't notice any double A gap pressure looks either. I'm curious to see if they break that out or figure Cam has practiced against that for five years and they'll try something else.

Hopefully they get a few more hits on him than they did McCown and never let him get comfortable.

Yet the Panthers still won by 20 points on the road against a team that is possibly marginally better than the Jets, at worse on the same level.

I know the koolaid is flowing strong because it's only the 2nd week of September but there is a good chance we get blown off the field by the Panthers even without Newton playing close to the elite level he can.

Well for some reason the Panthers who won fewer games than we did last year are favored by a touchdown this Sunday.

I watched the game on DVR, Cam looks like he shouldn't be playing: Missing open receivers, rubbing and stretching his shoulder constantly, flexing his hand like he had nerve pain or something. He ended up completing all six pass attempts in the second half but that's misleading when you watch the game.

I think he's being forced back too early and it's not just "rust" like the carolina press is saying. He's in the same boat as Andrew Luck right now--shoulders are the curse of the mobile qb because they tend to get hit more and land on them hard several times a game.

I took the 7 points and I'm going to take the money line on Sunday too because the Bills are going to win this one. Why? I believe McD and Dennison will have a plan to limit the great Thomas Davis/Keuchly duo, I have no specific X's and O's to back this up, only that having a mobile qb and good running game with play action (we have both) can either freeze LB's or force one of them to stay home-- and we'll put up enough points and harass Cam enough to get the W.

It's gonna be a warm one down there so I'm glad we'll be reaching almost 80 every day this week for practice.

Bills start 2-0

New England loses to Brees and Co. 0-2

from the little bit of the game I've seen he looked like he usually does. He generally misses wr a lot and targets. ItS who he is

panthers didn't really move the ball too well yesterday against the niners. niners defense does have a littler bit of talent on it but man their offense is rough. hoyer was pretty efficient and from what i heard goodwin dropped a sure td bomb that niners fans seem to think took the air right out of them.

we need to get after cam early and often and get him on that shoulder. then run the ball down their throats.

panthers didn't really move the ball too well yesterday against the niners. niners defense does have a littler bit of talent on it but man their offense is rough. hoyer was pretty efficient and from what i heard goodwin dropped a sure td bomb that niners fans seem to think took the air right out of them.

we need to get after cam early and often and get him on that shoulder. then run the ball down their throats.

The Goodwin drop was pretty rough, yeah.

The Panthers game is a toss up for me. I think the Bills have a chance esp if Cam is banged up. But I do think that the Panthers are a bit more talented overall.

so you'd be willing to forego the 7.5 points and bet the Bills straight up?

Let the lineup begin....

Yet the Panthers still won by 20 points on the road against a team that is possibly marginally better than the Jets, at worse on the same level.

I know the koolaid is flowing strong because it's only the 2nd week of September but there is a good chance we get blown off the field by the Panthers even without Newton playing close to the elite level he can.

We may lose but blown out of the water? That's pretty crazy.

I honestly believe no head coach, excepting Ron Rivera is better positioned to thwart Cam Newton than McDermott. He's seen this guy in practice every day for years.

He probably doesn't even need to watch film.

We're in a better position to thwart lots of things. For instance, McDermott especially knows the vulnerabilities of every defensive player they have who was there previously. It's a gift.

This is a game where clay will earn his money. He's gonna be blocking luke all game Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clay is Not a blocker. Can't remember the play yesterday but he got SMOKED in there somewhere.

He needs to get some receptions down the middle.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

I agree that this game looks like a good chance at winning. T-Mobile looked good yesterday throw in the middle. I liked the connections to Clay, O'Leary and Matthews. Do that against the Panthers while the defense holds down Cam and we win.

All we have to do is have TT throw to the middle against the best MLB in the game, and stop cam? Well when you say it like that...

All we have to do is have TT throw to the middle against the best MLB in the game, and stop cam? Well when you say it like that...

you mad?

:beer: jk/

beating the LBs in both run and pass might be a challenge. this isn't jets LBs.

am not sure how Bills win this game. But if i guessed? and I will. It will be second level blocking for the run game.

Maybe let Tolbert bruise those LBs for a minute. That said, the pass game might need to be made better use of this game.

Whats your take> I don't pay as much attention as gentlefolk like yourself NS

you mad?

:beer: jk/

beating the LBs in both run and pass might be a challenge. this isn't jets LBs.

am not sure how Bills win this game. But if i guessed? and I will. It will be second level blocking for the run game.

Maybe let Tolbert bruise those LBs for a minute. That said, the pass game might need to be made better use of this game.

Whats your take> I don't pay as much attention as gentlefolk like yourself NS

I think it's a tough one and depends which panthers team shows up. If they are sharp and focused it's a major uphill battle. If cam floats a couple off his back foot and we can take advantage it could change quickly. Carolina probably wins this one 6-7 times out of 10 at home. But it's definitely not unwinnable

Agree that this is not how to do it.

Cam only had a couple preseason game throws and I think that was apparent by yesterday's performance. That coupled with the fact that the OC has an Atari-like playbook says that the Bills can potentially exploit some weaknesses. Don't turn the ball over and it will be a very interesting game.

I think it's a tough one and depends which panthers team shows up. If they are sharp and focused it's a major uphill battle. If cam floats a couple off his back foot and we can take advantage it could change quickly. Carolina probably wins this one 6-7 times out of 10 at home. But it's definitely not unwinnable

Well with Cam getting so few reps, and Bills gaining some confidence on defense last week I hope Frazier maintains. I am more worried about getting the offense rolling against the Panthers D

I've never believed Newton as a top franchise QB. I know he won an MVP but he's been so inconsistent in his career that I can't call him elite or very good.

I think he's a decent overall QB with flashes of greatness here and there.

marcell Darius in quarterback form