Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You putting words in my mouth is by far more pathetic... that is not what I said and you are full of it. STFU.

Oh, so when you said "so close to Peterman starting Week One!!!!!" you were saying that because you actually thought Peterman almost won the #1 job and you weren't mourning the almost injury that kept Taylor out?

My bad... football is 10 hours away!!! :thumbsup:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/qb_coach_david_culley_says_buffalo_bills_cant_wait_to_unleash_tyrod_taylor.html

The offense will not look like it has in preseason. Book it.

Highlights:

"He can't wait to unleash it," Culley said. "And let me tell you this, we can't wait to unleash him. We're excited about Sunday with him. He can't wait. Again, talking about the preseason and maybe his struggles, we never saw it like that. We saw him as he's trying to get better at things. He's still learning a different offense. He's still learning how to be more comfortable in the pocket, and he did all that stuff. So we're comfortable with the fact that he's going through the process.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Taylor provides stability at the QB position. He does not turn the ball over. He may not win you a lot of games, but he won't lose many either. And because of his "unique attributes" (legs/deep ball), he puts up points. He does not look conventional in doing so and clearly has challenges as a passer. But we coudl be much, much worse off. The talking heads see him as "underrated." I would not be so quick to run him out of town, even if we pick one QB high. Number 1 pick QBs flame often. I will never understand why it is either (from the lovers) "one more year and he will develop and be our guy" or "he will never be a franchise quarterback and has to go." I don't know that either is true. Two years of evidence proves he is responsible with the ball and will get you some points. Like any position we should always be looking to upgrade. That doesn't mean a hard-working team player like Tyrod needs to go. if we had a decent defense either of the last two years we produced enough offense to make the playoffs.

This makes a lot of sense.

Two years of evidence says that he might squeak into the playoffs IF the Bills have a historically good defense. Taylor is the NFL's version of Spud Webb - an over-achiever who gives you hope in individual games, but is clearly not good enough to win in the long-run.

The Bills could have easily "squeaked" into the playoffs the last two years with slightly better play, a few less injuries, and flipping a close game or two. They don't need a "historically good defense".

He had 19 pass attempts at the end of the 1st half. That's more than he usually had the past 2 seasons. Slowed down in the 2nd because of our 2 score lead. He obviously looks much better than he did in preseason because they're mixing in some runs and letting him scramble. Let's build on it.

Edited by HappyDays

I know it's a tough decision to accept but I do trust McBeane on this. Sammy did not fit the culture they're trying to build. He complained publicly to the media about his targets and talked about raising the bar for receiver contracts. That's not the type of player McBeane wants here and he has injury issues that are possibly going to creep up again.

We're going to play ball like KC did yesterday I'm guessing. Run the ball, short passes, go deep a couple times a game. It is a recipe for success and we save a ton of cap space since we don't have to pay Sammy that money. Depending on how Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones do I think Tyrod will be fine.

And there was that time Sammy trashed the "little people" fans, to boot. Kinda glad he's gone.

He had 19 pass attempts at the end of the 1st half. That's more than he usually had the past 2 seasons. Slowed down in the 2nd because of our 2 score lead. He obviously looks much better than he did in preseason because they're mixing in some runs and letting him scramble. Let's build on it.

Same old Tyrod , we aren't going anywhere with him.

Same old Tyrod , we aren't going anywhere with him.

He did fine. Esp with this WR corp. The CBS guys said after they don't understand why TT doesn't get more credit-everyone of them. It's a part of his own fanbase that thinks he is terrible.

Yup, this offense sucks and honestly, being at the game, it felt like a loss. I have never felt so ehh after a win.

They still had 400 yards of offense. What were you expecting-there is no deep threat on this roster.

He did fine. Esp with this WR corp. The CBS guys said after they don't understand why TT doesn't get more credit-everyone of them. It's a part of his own fanbase that thinks he is terrible.

They still had 400 yards of offense. What were you expecting-there is no deep threat on this roster.

Bills fans are ridiculous. TT wouldve had 300 all purpose yards and 3TD and 0 turnovers if Clay could catch a ball. But yeh, thats average around here. Nothing special at all.

The Jets were taking away the outside, anyway. Forcing Taylor to step up and throw down the middle.

Gonna see a lot of that.

Usual TT...nothing new, and nothing that tells me that he's anything more than what he's shown. We beat a poor team at home with Shady leading the way along with the D giving up a mere 12 points.

Not much else to add, honestly. On to next week...

He looked like the same QB we've gotten the last 2 years. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it also doesn't get me excited to have him beyond this year.

I can agree with that.

Usual TT...nothing new, and nothing that tells me that he's anything more than what he's shown. We beat a poor team at home with Shady leading the way along with the D giving up a mere 12 points.

Not much else to add, honestly. On to next week...

Cleveland almost beat Pittsburgh. Jacksonville pasted Houston. Dalton had four picks. it's the NFL. TT had a decent day. A run heavy team with a QB to manage the offense, still. 224 yards passing with this WR corp is not terrible.

Yup, this offense sucks and honestly, being at the game, it felt like a loss. I have never felt so ehh after a win.

Who knows what the hell is going to happen this season, but if you watched this game and came away suggesting that in all your time watching the Bills, you've "never felt so ehh after a win," then you need a new logo on your gameday shirt.

eeyore-1.gif

Some of you folks here need to grow a pair.

Who knows what the hell is going to happen this season, but if you watched this game and came away suggesting that in all your time watching the Bills, you've "never felt so ehh after a win," then you need a new logo on your gameday shirt.

eeyore-1.gif

Hahahah. Well said man.

eeyore-1.gif

Wonder how Colts fans are feeling. or Bengals fans.Luck may miss a lot of the year and the Colts are as bad as the Jets without him. Dalton was terrible.Bills offense had 400 yards, yet that's just terrible.

Bills fans are ridiculous. TT wouldve had 300 all purpose yards and 3TD and 0 turnovers if Clay could catch a ball. But yeh, thats average around here. Nothing special at all.

The Int was not all on Clay. The pass was late and behind Clay leading to the pick.

It was an average game by TT.

It certainly was not an "unleashed" performance.

It was a good victory, but does not provide a ton of positives - they beat the worst team in the NFL.

The Int was not all on Clay. The pass was late and behind Clay leading to the pick.

It was an average game by TT.

It certainly was not an "unleashed" performance.

It was a good victory, but does not provide a ton of positives - they beat the worst team in the NFL.

It was a back shoulder throw leading Clay away from Jamal Adams. Cover1 pointed this out on Twitter. Absolutely is not Tyrod's fault.

+1. He played well and worked the middle of the field well too. Clay had three drops.

It was a back shoulder throw leading Clay away from Jamal Adams. Cover1 pointed this out on Twitter. Absolutely is not Tyrod's fault.

Yes. It was an absolutely fine throw that good players pretty much always catch. Clay is actually decent, but made a bad play there.

I thought TT was fine. They didn't at all unleash him. If anything they kept the wraps on him. I'm hoping it was bydesign.

A lot more throws down the middle. He basically delivered.

I can agree with that.

Cleveland almost beat Pittsburgh. Jacksonville pasted Houston. Dalton had four picks. it's the NFL. TT had a decent day. A run heavy team with a QB to manage the offense, still. 224 yards passing with this WR corp is not terrible.

Sure...he had a decent day.

Nothing that would make me think he's anything more than what he's shown so far in his career, though.

I will wait, but I think that is wrong - I think it was on TT.

It was a back shoulder throw, but clay was running a crossing route and that throw turned him around and allowed the DB to drill him.

If TT makes the read quicker he has the throw and can put it in front of him and make the easy catch.

Because he threw it late - he threw it behind and over the back shoulder of Clay.

They did say that. 1st time I heard Gannon compliment tyrod too.

...second HC and 3rd OC in two years and a new offensive scheme.......should at least get TWO games before flushed down the drain.......

They mentioned that too. Next weeks gonna be a real test.

I will wait, but I think that is wrong - I think it was on TT.

It was a back shoulder throw, but clay was running a crossing route and that throw turned him around and allowed the DB to drill him.

If TT makes the read quicker he has the throw and can put it in front of him and make the easy catch.

Because he threw it late - he threw it behind and over the back shoulder of Clay.

I will have to rewatch the play. I cant remember if he was open on his crossing route. From what i remember that pass was fine exactly where it was bc if he leads him more that play will be contested by the defender. That ball placement by TT only Clay could catch it. Most importantly, it was by no means a circus catch. In the end zone space is tight. That ball was right on his hands. Play makers make plays. Clay needs to make that catch 99% of the time or he has no business being a starting TE in the NFL.

Unless they pass the test, then it wont count for some reason (the bills had an inside edge and intelligence against the panthers)

The test . alway the test ; )|

Bills do have an uphill battle. But they played like they know it.

First game with most everything new was not bad