Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....I hope the kid succeeds for the good of the team and realizes his dream to be a steady (screw the franchise moniker crap) NFL starter.....he could probably throw for 4,000+ yds, 40+ TD's and run for 750 but the haters will still hate..missing the playoffs with those lofty numbers would STILL be his sole fault....that is the TBD way and was the same on the defunct BBMB.....con-joined twins of negativity.....ain't gonna defeat the hate mindset no matter what....he's here for 2017 so roll with it......the haters will expose themselves.....

I have seen this same thing posted about every pathetic attempt the Bills have started at QB for 21 years.

But hey maybe this guy in his 7th year will finally develop into the franchise QB we need

Edited by KellyToughII

I always use Jimmy G as the example. If he gets a starting job next year will he suck because he is in his 5th year? That's the same time that TT started. It's a stupid argument. You are under contract and if the team doesn't want to trade you because you are cheap depth you don't have an opportunity. Good post

I might take a leap here. and suggest something. Not just cheap, but able to come in if Flacco goes down and keep the team in games.

One of the hardest parts i would imagine is Tyrod learning to be The Leader of the Team.

For me i think he has done pretty alright getting up to speed year two here. His play fell off, but his teammates now and then speak highly of him.

but no question he needs to take the next step this year to survive as a starter. Perhaps anywhere.

I am rooting for him of course !

Go Bills!

ps LaBillzFan is making a valid point.

I do not know what to expect, but i do know i am looking forward to Sunday !

I have seen this same thing posted about every pathetic attempt the Bills have started at QB for 21 years.

But hey maybe this guy in his 7th year will finally develop into the franchise QB we need

...this is year 55 for me following this club bud.....and I have to say THE most pathetic era was post Polian/post Kelly as far as OBD making the QB spot a top priority....and TE spot was a close 2nd.....the patchwork FO & Administration redefined clueless as far as the importance of those two key positions on the field....mind boggling, baffling, putrid, nauseating or you name it.....to re-use my overused phrase, Waste Management would have refused to pick 98% of them up curbside on Monday.....but at least six picks in the first three for 2018 including two 1sts does breed a bit of optimism for once....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Gotcha.

IMO

the difference is you are the target of every player once you run.

Being pressured by a pass rush you are supposed to throw it away to avoid the sack

Unfortunately TT holds the ball too long.

even the ones covering the receivers?

This is why it works. Defenders have to break off and stop the run. Defenders have to keep an eye on the QB. Much harder to defend. If he can get hot passing it becomes a defensive nightmare. But Tyrod needs to become a better passer than last year for sure

.....I hope the kid succeeds for the good of the team and realizes his dream to be a steady (screw the franchise moniker crap) NFL starter.....he could probably throw for 4,000+ yds, 40+ TD's and run for 750 but the haters will still hate..missing the playoffs with those lofty numbers would STILL be his sole fault....that is the TBD way and was the same on the defunct BBMB.....con-joined twins of negativity.....ain't gonna defeat the hate mindset no matter what....he's here for 2017 so roll with it......the haters will expose themselves.....

Give me a break.

If TT ever manages to pass at a level that doesn't expose him late in games or in crucial points, I'd be on the bandwagon...any other position is nonsense.

...this is year 55 for me following this club bud.....and I have to say THE most pathetic era was post Polian/post Kelly as far as OBD making the QB spot a top priority....and TE spot was a close 2nd.....the patchwork FO & Administration redefined clueless as far as the importance of those two key positions on the field....mind boggling, baffling, putrid, nauseating or you name it.....to re-use my overused phrase, Waste Management would have refused to pick 98% of them up curbside on Monday.....but at least six picks in the first three for 2018 including two 1sts does breed a bit of optimism for once....

yep Bills fielded Much worse. I think the change via Pegula is worth watching.

McBeanes FTW.

Lets lead the division after week one and reconvene Monday, shall we ?

Give me a break.

If TT ever manages to pass at a level that doesn't expose him late in games or in crucial points, I'd be on the bandwagon...any other position is nonsense.

then log off till 2018 draft. No question Bills are set up to draft one QB early. as well they should.

Someone said within another thread perhaps, Maybe Alex Smith had a fire lit under his patooty.

Be sure one is lit under Tyrod's derriere . He knows whats what

I agree. It just gets frustrating when people say things like they have no one to go deep when clearly they do

of course they do.

That is all about the line holding up. 2 tenths of a second is really nothing in gym shorts anyways.

Give me a break.

I think everyone knows Taylor will not ever pass for 4,000. He can barely pass for 215 a game. If there is any QB who is what he is it's Taylor. He played behind Flacco for 4years and should've been ready right out of the gates. He wasn't a sought after QB like Jimmy G or McCarron where teams have refused to deal them without 1st or 2nd rd compensation. Taylor is going into his 7th season as a pro, if he was going to flash greatness he would've done it already. If they force him to pass the ball more I think his numbers are going to take a huge dive in the wrong direction.

yep Bills fielded Much worse. I think the change via Pegula is worth watching.

McBeanes FTW.

Lets lead the division after week one and reconvene Monday, shall we ?

then log off till 2018 draft. No question Bills are set up to draft one QB early. as well they should.

Someone said within another thread perhaps, Maybe Alex Smith had a fire lit under his patooty.

Be sure one is lit under Tyrod's derriere . He knows whats what

of course they do.

That is all about the line holding up. 2 tenths of a second is really nothing in gym shorts anyways.

....don't have much of a choice, do we?.....

And regardless how good TT is, I'll still wonder how much better he'd be with Watkins.

The Bills traded their #1 or 2 best offensive player and nothing will excuse that.......

Can hardly wait if Watkins has a big season these draft fools complaining "he cost us draft picks", "we can't afford him" or "he's screwed up the salary cap".....

You don't have to log off 2018 just change the channel to a different game when the offense takes the field. The defense might not start off great but they will gradually improve throught the season. You won't be able to say anything negative about Taylor because you didn't watch him play. Unless you drafted him in you FFL and if you did that you should be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

You don't have to log off 2018 just change the channel to a different game when the offense takes the field. The defense might not start off great but they will gradually improve throught the season. You won't be able to say anything negative about Taylor because you didn't watch him play. Unless you drafted him in you FFL and if you did that you should be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong.

you must be a die hard fan, I can tell

giphy.gif

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Taylor provides stability at the QB position. He does not turn the ball over. He may not win you a lot of games, but he won't lose many either. And because of his "unique attributes" (legs/deep ball), he puts up points. He does not look conventional in doing so and clearly has challenges as a passer. But we coudl be much, much worse off. The talking heads see him as "underrated." I would not be so quick to run him out of town, even if we pick one QB high. Number 1 pick QBs flame often. I will never understand why it is either (from the lovers) "one more year and he will develop and be our guy" or "he will never be a franchise quarterback and has to go." I don't know that either is true. Two years of evidence proves he is responsible with the ball and will get you some points. Like any position we should always be looking to upgrade. That doesn't mean a hard-working team player like Tyrod needs to go. if we had a decent defense either of the last two years we produced enough offense to make the playoffs.

This is why it works. Defenders have to break off and stop the run. Defenders have to keep an eye on the QB. Much harder to defend. If he can get hot passing it becomes a defensive nightmare. But Tyrod needs to become a better passer than last year for sure

Maybe I misread the post.

Being a runner can lead to more "hits" on a QB than staying behind the LOS

Sure a running QB is harder to defend.

Also his scrambling has lead him to be the most sacked QB. Or close too it

any one can say anything they wish. I just don't see the point of bitching, and bitching and bitching.

Make the point and move on.

we do not know what this team looks like yet nor how it might progress or regress> So we can watch with enthusiasm until we cannot stand anymore I guess

Maybe I misread the post.

Being a runner can lead to more "hits" on a QB than staying behind the LOS

Sure a running QB is harder to defend.

Also his scrambling has lead him to be the most sacked QB. Or close too it

I was being a smart ass about you saying the whole defense comes gunning for you when he pulls it down.

Thing is he keeps looking downfield. His first year he was quite good at that.

You are absolutely correct about him taking hits. But as far as holding up, not sure which is more prone to injury. as long as he slides.

Thing for me is, he had so many broken protections to deal with.

Preseason was absurd.

he has to improve his patience, I think we can agree there SBF?

Hope so. But why get rid of Watkins. His deep ball is one of the best in the NFL.

For the same reasons it has been answered in dozens of other threads. You may not like the answer but that is the answer.

Maybe he'll be picked for his third pro bowl in a row.

Cue the hate......

There are so many substitutes and replacements pro bowl appearance does not mean much anymore.

can't let go, can you?

He said he will not watch tv so he has more time for posting.

..anybody have a Cliff Notes version of what this "unleashing TT" actually means?.......5,000+ passing yds like Brees?......50 passing TD's like Peyton?.......1,000 yds rushing combined with either one of the aforementioned?......I don't know which way to turn with this professed "unleashing" or if it means we have imprisoned this "leashed giant" up to this point...........

They're gonna let him run and gun, meaning he wont be told to stay in the pocket like in preseason. Its kinda obvious from the article breh :lol:

So Rex Ryan never unleashed Taylor, all those open WR's and poor field vision were all Ryan's fault. Taylors highest yardage games will be vs the Jets but I still don't see him passing for over 250 at any point during the season.

Alright ktulu im calling yoh out.

You need glasses breh. Ill make an avi bet with you right now we see Tyrod throw for 300 yds twice or more this season. Put ur avi where ur mouth is.

I also hope his field vision got better and trusts himself and his WRs a little more this year, hes playing for his next starting job and he knows that, should be fun to watch, 3rd year starting back against the wall he's gonna pull out all the stops runnning and gunning to a blaze of glory....or billsy things.

I still think the offense is going to be a bit conservative and "off" looking in week 1. There are a ton of new parts in the offense (mainly receivers) and a new offensive system overall. I think they will look better than they did in pre-season but still look like a work in progress.

What is more important than scoring points? And yes the QB is important - did you see our offense in wk17 when no tyrod?

Especially when Sammy missed half the season and robert woods missed 3 games

Having sustained drives not losing the ball and keeping opponent from scoring is as important as scoring points.

I can deal with losing Darby, Gilmore, Woods, TD Mike etc...but dealing a potentially dynamic young wr like Sammy still doesn't make sense. Even if you plan to move on from Tyrod, why deal Sammy when he could be a huge asset to a new pocket franchise QB?

They wanted to cut down costs in rehab staff maybe?

any one can say anything they wish. I just don't see the point of bitching, and bitching and bitching.

Make the point and move on.

we do not know what this team looks like yet nor how it might progress or regress> So we can watch with enthusiasm until we cannot stand anymore I guess

I was being a smart ass about you saying the whole defense comes gunning for you when he pulls it down.

Thing is he keeps looking downfield. His first year he was quite good at that.

You are absolutely correct about him taking hits. But as far as holding up, not sure which is more prone to injury. as long as he slides.

Thing for me is, he had so many broken protections to deal with.

Preseason was absurd.

he has to improve his patience, I think we can agree there SBF?

Yup

That's right

Yep. If his passing skills improve and our WRs improve and play better than they look on paper TT n Shady will be a nightmare to defend.

Just re: Taylor's running and associated injuries, I have noticed him be very aware of his surroundings when he scrambles. His head is usually on a swivel and he has the quickness to make a cut out of bounds or go down before significant contact. That's what I've seen most of the time. Really hope Dennison gets him on the move early and often this season.

They could've been a legitimate threat in the playoffs in 2015 had Rex not !@#$ed up the defense. I firmly believe that.

yup !!

Just re: Taylor's running and associated injuries, I have noticed him be very aware of his surroundings when he scrambles. His head is usually on a swivel and he has the quickness to make a cut out of bounds or go down before significant contact. That's what I've seen most of the time. Really hope Dennison gets him on the move early and often this season.

goes back to his height (lack of i guess ) and creating passing lanes doesn't it John ? I mean if they want him to be a pocket passer?

2009 never gets over anything.

I tend to agree. the young fella just can't let go and move forward, no looking back. one can not dwell and hold ones self back from reality, well, some can. I'm going to believe those in control know a tad more then most if not all here on the board, well, some feel they know more. the decision was made in the teams interest going forward. they have shown, regardless of talent, if you're a remnant of the past regime and you don't fit our future goal of building the team, sayonara. they'll be more to come this next off season.

it's best to just move on, go with the process and toss some salt over your shoulder, cross your fingers and just hope they will/are making the right decisions?

sammy plays for the rams. may he fare well with his new team.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

yup !!

goes back to his height (lack of i guess ) and creating passing lanes doesn't it John ? I mean if they want him to be a pocket passer?

I personally subscribe to the theory that they just kept him to the pocket so he could work on that during the preseason and plan to move him around much more during the regular season. But yeah, I don't think his height is ideal for passing from the pocket. Taylor at 6'3" would be better for sure, but I don't think his current height completely prevents him from effective pocket passing.

Taylor provides stability at the QB position. He does not turn the ball over. He may not win you a lot of games, but he won't lose many either. And because of his "unique attributes" (legs/deep ball), he puts up points. He does not look conventional in doing so and clearly has challenges as a passer. But we coudl be much, much worse off. The talking heads see him as "underrated." I would not be so quick to run him out of town, even if we pick one QB high. Number 1 pick QBs flame often. I will never understand why it is either (from the lovers) "one more year and he will develop and be our guy" or "he will never be a franchise quarterback and has to go." I don't know that either is true. Two years of evidence proves he is responsible with the ball and will get you some points. Like any position we should always be looking to upgrade. That doesn't mean a hard-working team player like Tyrod needs to go. if we had a decent defense either of the last two years we produced enough offense to make the playoffs.

Two years of evidence says that he might squeak into the playoffs IF the Bills have a historically good defense. Taylor is the NFL's version of Spud Webb - an over-achiever who gives you hope in individual games, but is clearly not good enough to win in the long-run.

I personally subscribe to the theory that they just kept him to the pocket so he could work on that during the preseason and plan to move him around much more during the regular season. But yeah, I don't think his height is ideal for passing from the pocket. Taylor at 6'3" would be better for sure, but I don't think his current height completely prevents him from effective pocket passing.

agreed about the preseason method of coaching to work on his weaknesses. Including passing over the middle and timing patterns. But Bills O line will need to clear lanes . we saw some issue when Peterman was getting batted passes. same deal. i am sure it can be done though.

Strange prediction.

Does this group of WRs have a noted problem hanging onto the ball?

Specifically, I was referring to dropped passes, as a statistic, generally defined as the number of times an intended receiver touches the ball but fails to catch it. I see this happening a lot this season.

So this is you wishing for a serious brain injury for Taylor all because you want a guy who you thought should start based on a few preseason games would have otherwise been the starter and retained the job...?

Amiright? I mean, Peterman was pretty clearly never close to winning any QB competition, so it couldn't be that.

Wow, that's pretty pathetic.

You putting words in my mouth is by far more pathetic... that is not what I said and you are full of it. STFU.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan